THE OFFICIAL SUMMER 2014 THREAD OF LIES AND HURT (may contain occasional transfer news)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
[itk="15 Jul 2014, in, Jasper, TEVEZ, itk, 4, rumour"]
I am informed that bids are in on all our targets, and we will wait on those before we move on.

Tevez's people trying to get buyers for him over here, and we have been approached. Targets is what media are on point with. Hope permit inquiry for 19 year old Argentinian attacking midfielder is positive, somehow doubt it from what I have heard.
[/itk]

[itk="17 Jul 2014, out, Grey Fox, Lots, itk, 0, rumour"]
We have recieved bids for three of our players and placed bids on at least 5 to come in, with 2 accepted. Its all about wether the individuals concerned want to move either in or out as most have choices of more than one offer. We have had two bids for Dawson accepted and an enquiry about Rose (not a firm bid yet) thought to be Hull.
Poch is concerned about our our defence and how we move the ball from back to front wants some experience in the squad , but has been impressed with some of the younger players and attitude of the players he has been working with. Vertonghen is happy to give it at least another season and will almost certainly sign a new contract, almost doubling his wages.

Been told we after a couple of "big" named players, but wages will be a problem if we can't off load a few. Apologies for being vague about some of this, but been asked not to mention too many specifics. Although we are on tour there still might be some business done as everything has been agreed in principle before they left. I am a bit Meh about a couple and excited about the rest of names mentioned, but that is my own opinion.
[/itk]

[itk="19 Jul 2014, out, Sport Italia, Sandro, newspaper, 4, rumour"]
http://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-...-baldini-in-italia-per-sandro-e-destro-575696

The man Franco Baldini is Tottenham's market in Italy. According to 'SportItalia', the technical director of the spurs should renew ties with Napoli for the sale of Sandro. The Brazilian footballer is not in retreat and its price in recent days has run down further: now just a 12 million euro to buy it.

Baldini, however, could also make a bid for Mattia Destro, center of Rome.
[/itk]

[itk="19 Jul 2014, in, Endee33, Ben Davies, itk, 6, rumour"]
Just had a text from a colleague who is good friends with Gary Monk and Leon Britton, "Ben is with Spurs! Inside info. He's with them in Seattle now."
[/itk]

Just as an FYI JJetSet posted a good few hours before the other guy.

If it's is from two different places it looks like this deal may happen very soon... And he could join up with the squad.

Swansea finished their pre-season tour of the USA yesterday ... So it's entirely possible he has meant with Spurs before flying home/staying to join our tour.

They wouldn't do anything stupid like announce it on the pitch tonight to help grow our US audience, would they?

[itk="20 Jul 2014, in, Grey Fox, Davies and Sigurdsson, itk, 7, rumour"]
Been told Davies will be announced today or tomorrow, Siggy going the other way, but seperate deals so might be a day or two later. Rose is not a happy bunny and if the right bid comes in he will be off. Poch has told a number of the youngsters that they will get game time this season and a chance to prove themselves. Immediate expectations have been lowered but 4th is still the target and long term expectations are high.
[/itk]

[itk="20 Jul 2014, in, the Goat, Sigurdsson Vorm and Davies, itk, 7, rumour"]
The Goat has heard that while there is substance to the Davies/Gylfi rumours doing the rounds as of yesterday AM the situation regarding Vorm amounted to no more than a fresh enquiry. Not close to a deal on that one yet.
[/itk]

Last edited by a moderator:
[itk="20 Jul 2014, in, Rebrab, Vorm Sigurdsson Davies, itk, 7, rumour"]
My understanding is that it would be better to process a sig/Davies/vorm swap in 3 deals as opposed to 1, as none of the players have a sell-on clause and, believe it or not, it's easier to circumvent tax in football with straight deals than it is swaps. We've only paid tax under levy twice because of how he reinvests the money, if he puts our profit back into the stadium this works out better. Of course, this makes little difference to how a deal would be portrayed in the media.

PS I won't comment on the deal itself, it's all out there and pretty obvious.
[/itk]

[itk="22 Jul 2014, in, HertsYid, lascalles and Davies, itk, 0, rumour"]
I'm told both done now. Assume something will be announced later this week.

this refers to his itk re a young central defender (probably lascalles), and its thought the other one is davies
[/itk]

[itk="22 Jul 2014, in, Jasper, Griezmann, itk, 7, rumour"]
I do not believe we have bid officially as yet with Griezmann. I can always be wrong, but agents having a field day with the media. We all seem to believe we are interested and that may be the case. Let's wait and see. That's what I have heard for what it's worth or not.
[/itk]

[itk="22 Jul 2014, in, Trix, Various, itk, 6, rumour"]Quick couple of bits: We have definitely made an official offer for MS, Pool are still a way off Saints valuation for Lovren(Has gone quiet), J-Rod still very much on the gaffer's radar. Still no contact from the club to Villa for Vlaar, although as my mate told me this morning the agents have been told how much their players can leave for so, it doesn't mean we haven't been speaking to the agent.
Would just add the fee for Lovren is just north of £20mil which is why Pool have backed off, and why we probably have shown little interest lately.[/itk]

[itk="29 Jul 2014, in, Trix, Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, itk, 6, rumour"]
Has handed in a transafer request so I have just been told. Saints told him it was the only way they would let him go.
From the same source as sall the other Saints stuff, which is strange because Lorren has left now.

As far as he was concerned Rodriguez is all done bar the medical
[/itk]

mLaF6ZR.png

Well that seems to fit it with the above ITK

[itk="30 Jul 2014, in, The Goat, Schneiderlin, itk, 7, rumour"]
The Goat hears that contrary to his expectations, Schneiderlin has been told (by senior management) that he's staying at the club which prompted his Tweet. Our source expects this to get messy.
[/itk]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom