THE OFFICIAL SUMMER 2014 THREAD OF LIES AND HURT (may contain occasional transfer news)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING

THIS THREAD (will eventually) CONTAIN MILD PERIL...

nrctuRI.jpg

Last edited:
[itk="3 Jul 2014, in, Ali Z and Trix, Lovren and Rodriguez, itk, 6, rumour"]
Originally posted on COYS

Ali Z -

"Very hard to do a deal, they have raised the money they need too, we have real interest in Lovren and Jay but Saints asking silly money, Poch would prefer a CB who has played in premiership.

Trix I know somebody spoke to Southampton on Tuesday, at the moment they are asking silly money for him, he wants to come but as far as I know no deal even close."

Trix -

"Don't know anything re the Spurs end, but the exact words I was told this morning were "He has put in a transfer request, and is yet to exert any pressure".

He wants to come and work with Poch and will start playing up shortly if Southampton start taking the piss.

Also Ali I am glad to see you have heard the same re J-Rod, been told if we can get the price right we would def take him now injury or not."
[/itk]

Last edited by a moderator:
[itk="5 Jul 2014, in, Ali Z, ALL OF THE PLAYERS, itk, 6, rumour"]
I thought I would clear a few things up as some of you seem to think we are just fixed on one player.

Before Poch went away, he Baldini and the chairman, met and discussed this summers possible ins and outs, Poch made them aware that LB,LWF, CB and CF are his main areas of concern.

They are the areas we are looking for players. They will be looking to trim the squad in an effort to give some of our promising youngsters more first team exposure.

We have Cash but unless we get a deal that is "out of this world" do not expect a significant net spend.

Loveren, Rodriguez, Remy are all on our radar. The club feel that we need to add a mixture of home grown and premiership exp players to the squad, partly as many of the players that are dispensable are even home grown or have significant premiership experience, unlike last summer Poch and Baldini will not look to solve all our requirements at once and it will be a gradual process.

We will also be looking to free spaces before bringing too many new players so it could well be a case of 1/2 out 1 in at a time. Poch really is concerned that certain players (usual suspects) do not fit his style or the attitude required.

I think we will probably only end up with a LB Davies deal is not far from being concluded, CH looking at 3/4 not all from Prem and a LWF. A lot of these deals are dependant on prices, players leaving etc and balance and make up of the squad.

Baldini is also looking to bring in a few younger players.

As for a striker unlikely to be any major movement unless we sell. Ade is on ridiculous wages so very hard to move him on, after initial interest from Spanish clubs it has gone quiet on Soldado.

Don't panic loads going on and things can change very quickly, especially as clubs start pre season.
[/itk]

[itk="4 Jul 2014, in, The Goat, Davies and Sigurdsson, itk, 6, rumour"]
Been told that the Davies deal is agreed in principle but waiting to see if Sig goes the other way before announcing it.
[/itk]

[itk="5 Jul 2014, out, Jasper, Lloris, itk, 5, rumour"]
We all know there is concrete interest in the player. Only bit of info unrelated is, we are checking visa status of an Argentinian youngster. Lloris has not asked to leave, but wants to wait before talking contract. Will Levy allow him to sit on two year contract with risk loosing him cheap is the question. I said last week his house is 'For Sale'.
[/itk]

[itk="7 Jul 2014, out, JJetSet, Various, itk, 5, rumour"]
JJ RE: The possibility of buying Lascelles:

@jetsetyid: worth buying & loaning out, it depends on his value.

@jetsetyid: well, lets see what happens ;o)

JJ Hinting that Kaboul might go:

@jetsetyid: maybe not kaboul.....;0)

JJ RE transfers:

@jetsetyid: as I said nothing happening yet regardless of all the other noise probably a good 4 weeks

@jetsetyid: Poch wants to see all players in training before doing anything. Yes that includes DR before anyone comments

JJ RE: Lloris staying:

@jetsetyid: yes as far as we are concerned he is.

JJ RE replacing Danny Rose

@jetsetyid: err what if we don't #justsaying[/itk]

Rep-edit: Oh the whimsy of JJ, how I have not missed thee at all....

Last edited:
A slightly-older cryptic that might have been missed, just to boil your piss early doors.....

[itk="24 Jun 2014, in, Grey Fox, Unknown, itk, 5, rumour"]
Got some info this afternoon and although I hate cryptics, after much debate with myself and taking the lead from A&C ["Archibald & Crooks", Spurs Community mod.] to make things more interesting, here goes.

" Blue and yellow are so yesterdays colours, if after taking their leave doesn't work out then we will be going for Red and Black"
OR
" If we get snookered on our first choice we will be aiming to pot a red followed by a black"
[/itk]

#OhMyDays #WelcomeToSillySeason

[itk="8 Jul 2014, in, Ali Z and Trix, Left Back, itk, 5, rumour"]
Ali Z: We have alternatives [to davies], one of them really excites me, update when i can.

Trix: Just heard a new name mentioned(LB) not linked to us exactly, but according to an agent(not the player in question's agent mind ) could very well be London bound as talks are taking place with his agent in London. have just PM'd Ali because if it is the same guy and there is a reason Ali can't say I'd rather not be the one to blame for us missing out :smiley36:. If it is a different name to the one Ali has heard, I will post what I have been told.

Ali Z: Club has been offered 3 alternatives by agents 2 of them cheaper than Davies, as Storts says Moreno is gettable as well but very expensive. Love to tell you the name of LB that I am excited about but can't as sworn to secrecy.

Trix: OK the name I was given was Bastian Oczipka. I don't know much more than his agent is apparently in London and is here because of Bastian. Not sure how many other London clubs are after a LB though so could very well be us.

Ali Z: Just to confirm name has been mentioned to me but not as strongly as the LB that I want.
[/itk]

[itk="16 Jul 2014, in, The Goat (from Spurs Community), Vorm and Davies, itk, 5, rumour"]
A couple of snippets have reached The Goat. Don't read too much into this Davies gazumped business just yet and the stories about Vorm are based on nothing more than an enquiry at the end of last season.
[/itk]

[itk="9 Jul 2014, in, Gards, Davies, itk, 5, rumour"]
Just to clarify deal should have been done but it's nothing 2 do with sig [Sigurðsson]! Another club offered 2m more.[/itk]

[itk="9 Jul 2014, in, Grey Fox, Various, itk, 5, rumour"]
We have cooled on Davies and Lovren, other irons in the fire (and no thats not cryptic for a spammer).

Been told that after the returned players had there post holiday fitness assessments and Poch spoke to the whole squad, he has spoken to each individual about what he is expecting from them and had frank exchanges in an open two way sort of way.

Club still expecting an anouncement on CPO very soon, if they don't get it expect the balloon to go up about the delay.[/itk]

[itk="10 Jul 2014, in, Case, Lloris, itk, 10, confirmed"]
My sources are telling me Lloris may be signing a new 5 year deal.

Passed on in good faith.

Don't shoot the messenger.[/itk]

Last edited:
[itk="15 Jul 2014, in, Trix, Various, itk, 5, rumour"]
Ade is ok, the decision to not let him go on pre season tour was down to the doctor treating him and was very much precautionary so that we can keep a very close eye on the situation. Ade argued his case to go, but it was felt it would probably be in his best interests to be monitored daily. Also due to the fact that we have WC players returning to London over the next few weeks, he will still be training with first team players even if he doesn't go.

Bony's agent has been touting him around all over the place. Swansea happy to move him on, but have a specific fee in mind and won't drop below it. Not sure why they want rid but his agent was given the green light to get him a move. From what I was told we weren't interested, or more to the point we are not actively looking for any forward players(ATM). Poch still wants Rodriguez and would rather wait for him.

I have heard again Oczipka is a player we have on the radar, and I know his agent was in London a week or so ago discussing the player(not sure if the discussions were with us or not though).Defensively is where we are looking to strengthen, and Poch seems very happy with what we have from an attacking POV.
[/itk]

[itk="15 Jul 2014, in, Gards44, Various, itk, 5, twitter"]
Tevez has come from a few reliable sources some from ex players who are well connected but that deal would be tough!

Origi I'm told he doesn't want to go back to Lille on loan this may give us a chance as we have spoken to him! He prefers liv but our offer is for him to be part of 1st team not loan back! Schneiderlin poch would like! Obviously this would mean some midfielders moving on as we have many!!

Schneiderlin would like to rejoin with poch to i'm told! On the Dawson and Gylfi situation it's not so much them wanting to leave it's the Clubs that are in for them! Gylfi wud prefer swans to palace and daws wants to keep options open other than hull which is fair enough!
[/itk]

[itk="14 Jul 2014, in, Goat, Various, itk, 6, rumour"]
A few things that have reached The Goat.

We could go after Eric Dier our scouts have watched him a lot last year. Also we have watched Matthias Ginter as well. Both good defenders who we have been tracking. Ben Davies deal is not dead either but players agent is touting him to Liverpool more than us.

Lukaku/Bony. The Goat hears that a striker is not a priority atm. But could change if Ade is out longer than expected.
[/itk]

[itk="14 Jul 2014, in, Rebrab, Vertonghen, itk, 6, rumour"]
Jan has told us that he is open to signing a new contract. Negotiations started before the WC and look to be concluded before too long.
[/itk]

[itk="11 Jul 2014, in, AtlantaYid, Various, itk, 5, rumour"]
little info
I had a good lunch with my friend yesterday
A little bit of a power struggle at the top new board member coming soon
signings will be slow and few maybe late as in last day shopping as per usually for Tottenham
so far so good with with Poch players coach well liked by the senior players
[/itk]

[itk="11 Jul 2014, in, Trix, Various, itk, 5, rumour"]
Just back from another day on the the open seas with me new bezzie mates. So I thought you'd I'd better update you all on what I heard.

Nothing transfer related(regarding us) unfortunately, but did hear a few bits of interest.

Firstly Hugo
As I posted originally he is very happy here, and it was always his intention to sign his new contract, His agent were negotiating the deal while he was at the world cup, at his request because he wanted everything in place so he could concentrate on pre season when he returns. So I don't know what Jasper was on about him wanting to wait, because this couldn't have come from a better source.

Another bit that partially involves Hugo but more so Schneiderlin. Not sure whether this has come from the FFF or from Dechamps but the French squad have been told they need to be playing, for what was explained to me, as A grade clubs if they expect to be selected regularly for France. This means clubs regularly competing in European competitions and from the best leagues. Morgan Schneiderlin does not fit that profile which I was told was the only reason he never made the squad originally, as Dechamps really rates him.

There were two agents there today and neither think we are looking for forward players as they know we have been offered good strikers and haven't been interested, which brings me to......

Benteke
His agent has been told he can whore him around to clubs, if they get a decent fee Villa will sell, but the same applies to pretty much the entire Villa squad. I don't know what our position is because it was all in the hands of the agent, who was not one of the two who was there. This bit came from my friend who has strong Villa connections, and is the reason for me even meeting these other footballing people as some of you already know.Last bit, but best bit imo.....

Yahaya

Checked COYS on the way in and saw the Yahaya thread so thought I'd see what anyone knew about him. One of the agents seemed very surprised we had got him as he said Citeh were very much interested in him as "he is going to be the next big African player". There was also a Villa scout on board who had watched all of the the U17 world cup, where he stood out head and shoulders above everybody(which led to some joking about how old he actually was) and said they had been very interested but knew they had no chance considering the clubs looking at him. He also said IF(this word was emphasised) he settles quickly to life in England he could very well be in and around the match day squad very quickly HE IS THAT GOOD.

He also said it should help that he has family living in London, which was speculated as to why he chose us over some others, it was also reiterated(by an agent) that our behind the scenes people are excellent at helping foreign players settle. They all seemed to agree it was a massive coup for us considering most of Europe's elite were looking to bring him in. Worth noting none of them had heard he had actually signed for us though.There were some other bits and pieces and a few bits of phone conversations that I partially over heard, when they were actually speaking in English. One of the agents speaks five languages and told me he had had to learn three of them in the space of 18 months
icon_eek.gif

Oh and Lovren would still very much like to come to us but we need to match Saints fee first a lot of who will blink first is going on with Southampton atm, as the players still want out.
[/itk]

[itk="16 Jul 2014, in, Ali Z, a Few, itk, 6, rumour"]
Young CB is Jamal we are very close to Davies too.
Guys do not expect major signings we are in addition to these two look for another CH and a LWF as well as 2/3 younger players. We are not going to get any head line grabbing signings, Poch is building from the back and realises he can only do it through 3/4 windows not in 1.
Jan likely to sign new deal.
[/itk]

[itk="16 Jul 2014, in, HertYid, Soldado and Vertonghen, itk, 5, rumour"]
Apparently we have agreed terms with a young but very good CB. Still in discussion with the club though.

Barca definitely want Jan. Not sure if we'll sell him.

Interest in Soldado from outside UK but the offer very low so far. If it gets to acceptable level I think he'll be gone.
Nothing else interesting.
Have a good day.
[/itk]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom