The Next Month Is Crucial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can win them all, top of the league by Easter mark my words.

Timmy Sherwood's Blue White Army, all the way. COYS

The sort of post typed out shortly after a line of something illegal.

Yes it is a very testing month, but what month isn't. The football under Timmy is a lot more entertaining than it was under the moron, however he isn't the most tactically gifted manager. Despite the fact he is a goner, I would love to see him do well, but I don't think he will. This month will teach us a lot.

As long as they TRY!! Something plainly missing in the first half yesterday. As someone alluded to in another thread..as fans we cannot abide them not trying. I worry about morale in the dressing room..yes we are winning but we have been a tad fortunate to be honest. Body language of Bobby isn't the best and then there's Lamela if what we read is true. The break should do us good, in getting players back fit but maybe more importantly Sherwood can get to work. I would love to see us finish in the top four of course but the EUFA cup (i am oldspur) would be a coup...i was at the home leg v Wolves in 72 as an 11 year old and remember the euphoria of 54,000 at the lane. Was at both legs of the Anderlecht final but was so drunk at both i have to rely on the video to remind me. I do remember trying to turn left out of the shelf that night but was carried by a sea of jubilant fans towards Northumberland park via the Olive Branch so missed my lift home. I was so happy I couldn't care less. Winning trophies does that to you..finishing top four isn't quite the same.

Re top 4, I'm not bothered about Everton. If we finish above Pool, I'm absolutely confident we'll finish above Everton.
Yeh feels like Everton have been playing better than their team have to give their manager credit but if they had our injury situation they would be fucked.

We need to maintain our current form no matter who we play. Losing to Citeh would be acceptable, but the others should be possible to get something. The games against the two Liverpool teams are key - they are both consistently good this season and we need to see these games as six pointers.

As long as they TRY!! Something plainly missing in the first half yesterday. As someone alluded to in another thread..as fans we cannot abide them not trying. I worry about morale in the dressing room..yes we are winning but we have been a tad fortunate to be honest. Body language of Bobby isn't the best and then there's Lamela if what we read is true. The break should do us good, in getting players back fit but maybe more importantly Sherwood can get to work. I would love to see us finish in the top four of course but the EUFA cup (i am oldspur) would be a coup...i was at the home leg v Wolves in 72 as an 11 year old and remember the euphoria of 54,000 at the lane. Was at both legs of the Anderlecht final but was so drunk at both i have to rely on the video to remind me. I do remember trying to turn left out of the shelf that night but was carried by a sea of jubilant fans towards Northumberland park via the Olive Branch so missed my lift home. I was so happy I couldn't care less. Winning trophies does that to you..finishing top four isn't quite the same.
From one Old Spur to another, I would like to have rated this triple agree ..... I forgive a lot when I feel a player plays his heart out.
(I was 15 for the Wolves game and it was my first experience of seeing a final live, and I also went to the two Anderlecht games but I was sober.... no need for alcohol to get any higher!)

Mrs P...I always want to triple agree your posts. We are of a similar mind. My drunkeness at the 84 away game was shared by 14,000 others I reckon! The home leg was all for your husband (on a ban for the youngsters ) and Keith Burkinshaw of course. I was at every game home and away from 1976 to 1985 so have a huge affinity to Keith. He loved Tottenham Hotspur the same way we do. Great days with players that played for the shirt. Too many to cite here but honourable mentions to Terry Naylor, Johnny Pratt, and Gerry Armstrong etc etc. I could go on forever about my love of Spurs!

Mrs P...I always want to triple agree your posts. We are of a similar mind. My drunkeness at the 84 away game was shared by 14,000 others I reckon! The home leg was all for your husband (on a ban for the youngsters ) and Keith Burkinshaw of course. I was at every game home and away from 1976 to 1985 so have a huge affinity to Keith. He loved Tottenham Hotspur the same way we do. Great days with players that played for the shirt. Too many to cite here but honourable mentions to Terry Naylor, Johnny Pratt, and Gerry Armstrong etc etc. I could go on forever about my love of Spurs!
I always had a soft spot for unsung heroes like Mark Falco (not everyone's favourite, but a true Spur), Chrissie Hughton and Tony Galvin. We should consider ourselves very fortunate that we have been lucky to see some really genuine legends playing in the lillywhite shirt and some special games that will live in the memory forever. I met Keith Burkinshaw at a presentation by the Spurs Supporters Club just after the UEFA Cup Final and there was only about 50 or so people there, so a great opportunity to talk to him a really nice guy, totally genuine. I have a treasured photo of Keith cuddling me with one arm and holding the UEFA Cup with the other.

You do like a cuddle with a Spurs legend Mrs.P! Keith is the next guest at some remote pub in Berkshire I stumbled across recently. Middle of nowhere but full of Spurs. They have had Mick Hazard, Mullers and Ossie and Ricky there before. Loads of Tottenham stuff on the walls. George on the Green, Holyport is the place.

Jan 19th @ Swansea
Jan 29th Man City
Feb 1st @ Hull
Feb 9th Everton
Feb 12th @ Newcastle

Expect 10 points from these! Dropping points again City and 1 of Everton/Newcastle.

I always had a soft spot for unsung heroes like Mark Falco (not everyone's favourite, but a true Spur), Chrissie Hughton and Tony Galvin. We should consider ourselves very fortunate that we have been lucky to see some really genuine legends playing in the lillywhite shirt and some special games that will live in the memory forever. I met Keith Burkinshaw at a presentation by the Spurs Supporters Club just after the UEFA Cup Final and there was only about 50 or so people there, so a great opportunity to talk to him a really nice guy, totally genuine. I have a treasured photo of Keith cuddling me with one arm and holding the UEFA Cup with the other.
Off topic ... But I am a bit confused and possibly acting really dumb.
Are you the actual Mrs. Perryman ... i.e. missus of Steve Perryman? :avbcringe:

If I'm honest, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "free pick." :/
HI CS - I mean - doesn't use up a squad place. It's all abit baffling to old 'un like me. But there are 'A' lists @B' lists, home grown, whatever.

But what I do know, I think, is that in the Prem/EL you can only have so many squad players, however you can have others as well, if they fulfill certain criteria.

Just as a nice boost, next week we supposedly have Lamela, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Townsend, Kaboul and Vertonghen all coming back.

Me likey :levylol:

On a side note though, who the feck will be dropped?!? I guess we will be forced into loaning out a few younger players e.g. Bentaleb just to keep everyone happy,

Considering how well Bentaleb has played for us, being only 19, and being thrown in at the deep end (against Palace he completed 96 passes - more than any other player this game week in the league) - IF the decision would be to loan him out, it better be to a somewhat decent side, definitely a top flight side... I recognize we have better players than him available, but that kid has really shown his quality and should be rewarded for it.

HI CS - I mean - doesn't use up a squad place. It's all abit baffling to old 'un like me. But there are 'A' lists @B' lists, home grown, whatever.

But what I do know, I think, is that in the Prem/EL you can only have so many squad players, however you can have others as well, if they fulfill certain criteria.

OH gotcha. Yeah, just like with Eriksen and Lamela, we don't have to put them on the first team roster because of their age. So yes, he's a "freebie," and will count as homegrown very soon.

Ftr, a player counts as homegrown once they're registered with an FA-affiliated association for a total of three years before the season they turn 21. He arrived at Spurs in January 2012, so as of January 2015 he will qualify at 20 years old.

OH gotcha. Yeah, just like with Eriksen and Lamela, we don't have to put them on the first team roster because of their age. So yes, he's a "freebie," and will count as homegrown very soon.

Ftr, a player counts as homegrown once they're registered with an FA-affiliated association for a total of three years before the season they turn 21. He arrived at Spurs in January 2012, so as of January 2015 he will qualify at 20 years old.
Cheers CS.

I'll be furious if we loan out Bentaleb. We need our best players, and he's one of them.
I don't know if this has already been said about him, but even with out this keep the ball at all costs AVB style, he managed a 93% pass completion, as well as being the 2nd highest passer in Europe at the weekend, only 6 behind Xavi's 112 passes. And nearly double the amount of Carrick.

What confidence he has!

I don't know if this has already been said about him, but even with out this keep the ball at all costs AVB style, he managed a 93% pass completion, as well as being the 2nd highest passer in Europe at the weekend, only 6 behind Xavi's 112 passes. And nearly double the amount of Carrick.

What confidence he has!
Exactly, but so many Spurs fans don't seem to rate him, didn't/don't want to play him, want him loaned out.

I'm delighted we've got an Academy product breaking through.

Exactly, but so many Spurs fans don't seem to rate him, didn't/don't want to play him, want him loaned out.

I'm delighted we've got an Academy product breaking through.
Definitely! Only 19 too! I hope he stays and gets enough games with us, to enable him to develop. And I know there will be a lot who want him to go out on loan, but if he can do what he did against Palace more or less every time he plays, what makes him so different from Xavi anyway? And most people adore him!

Plus he's got a cracking long shot!

Back
Top Bottom