The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs carrier bag from former USSR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Usually these sort of games are usually dismal, poor pitches, flat atmosphere etc but I'm looking forward to this.

Pochettino has made us exciting again where I cannot wait to see us every single game.

I want us to play a complete different XI because of the importance of the weekend.

Then again, I said the same thing before Woolwich away with the Anderlecht game and we bossed them on the Sunday so lets hope it happens again.

2 wins and 2 draws after Europe so far....he must be doing something right.

I'm happy the majority of the 1st team have travelled. Gives them time to all train together still ahead of the Chelsea game. They may not all play against Qarabag but at least they keep match fit.

Hopefully Dembers, Rose and Walker are doing the same in London.
I see your point but I just think they can stay match fit without going all that way.
if we had no game tonight, I wouldn't be worried players aren't match fit for sunday.
I don't think anyone would.

I wasn't implying they should all live together at the training ground or that they need to be together for squad morale etc (I'm actually in agreement with you that it's well over hyped), I was just saying I don't see the harm in them sitting on a plane and traveling even if they don't feature.

If this Chelsea game really is the be all and end all of the season for some people, should Levy ring Qarabag and say the whole squad and coaching team aren't feeling very well and won't be able to make the game today?

well maybe I just have too much confidence in some of our non-starters.
still think we could have got a result over there without the 11 who will start against Chelsea.

also I think we could lose & still qualify if we beat Monaco at home. so there is back up option if it did go wrong tonight.

I see your point but I just think they can stay match fit without going all that way.
if we had no game tonight, I wouldn't be worried players aren't match fit for sunday.
I don't think anyone would.
My point was that the majority of the training and coaching team will be with the squad. If players were left here then they wouldn't get the same coaching.

My point was that the majority of the training and coaching team will be with the squad. If players were left here then they wouldn't get the same coaching.
only for 2 days I think. I am sure they wont forget anything in those 2 days.
as for fitness, I hope levy has splashed out on more than 1 fitness coach!
not that they shouldn't be capable of staying fit for 2 days themselves.

I think u are being overly harsh on the players. they don't rely that much on coaches to the extent they struggle without them for a couple of days.

Last edited:
how fragile is our squad if they can't spend a couple of days apart.
I don't buy in to this at all. it reminds me of those lame team building corporate things.

kanes on fire again. but because he didn't go on the 2 day trip with "the boys" he wont feel like 1 of the gang so his form will drop off.

hopefully the likes of walker, rose & dembele will be mentally strong enough not to develop separation anxiety from this big upheaval.
stay strong boys. hope they have got decent internet speed out there so u can skype the lads overseas so u don't miss them too much.

they will still have plenty of time to go over the Chelsea game plans etc.

I'm happy the majority of the 1st team have travelled. Gives them time to all train together still ahead of the Chelsea game. They may not all play against Qarabag but at least they keep match fit.

Hopefully Dembers, Rose and Walker are doing the same in London.
Who's to say they're NOT treating this week like a hot cold weather training exercise? Keep everyone together and FOCUSED on Sunday, do all the tactical training and fitness work FOR SUNDAY with the added bonus of a competitive training game thrown in tonight!!
Admittedly the 10pm k.o isn't ideal... but when was the Europa League known for being ideal?

Yeah the lads are out there now, so may as well just try our best to get a result without getting anyone injured and just don't nacker themselves out. Nice sleep on the plane home, training session Saturday, batter the chavs Sunday, job done.

Who's to say they're NOT treating this week like a hot cold weather training exercise? Keep everyone together and FOCUSED on Sunday, do all the tactical training and fitness work FOR SUNDAY with the added bonus of a competitive training game thrown in tonight!!
Admittedly the 10pm k.o isn't ideal... but when was the Europa League known for being ideal?
me.

seriously. surely they would be doing tactical things for tonight's game. & are way more focused on tonight.
I guess they could do some Chelsea tactical preparation after tonight's game over there.

but id rather they came home as soon as. & then do the Chelsea preparation stuff.
id have thought they would have done some already anyway.

CUrb0EjXIAA6gq3.jpg:large

That really IS a nice touch!
...any familiar faces on there??? (Apart from the players, OBVIOUSLY!)

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. It's only 6pm UK time so theoretically they'd be finished at the game by 8pm, on a plane leaving Baku by, lets say 10pm, getting back to the UK by about 4 or 5am? A light session on Friday just to keep everyone warm and ticking over, followed by a more in depth session on Saturday ahead of the Sunday game. Personally, I'd be bloody knackered on Sunday morning, but then I am not a professional athlete. I guess it an be done then.

#stayingpositive

Based on the first leg, they are utter shite. We just need to avoid defeat, so a 2nd XI is fine. Leave the starting XI for next weekend at home. It's a joke that this place even counts as Europe. Make Fazio captain.

the furthest borders of UEFA reach to Mongolia, China and Japan

Denying sending the players to azerbaijan wont harm sundays game is on the same footing as denying thr holocaust ,im livid about it ,i am hoping after our winning streak comes to end on sunday ,poch learns his lesson
You want us to lose this match in order to maintain our 1 match winning streak?
:llorisunsure:

Back
Top Bottom