The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs carrier bag from former USSR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think we're going to see at least two of the three of Kane,Eriksen,Dier starting.
I think we'll see all three. If he was going to rest them they'd have stayed at home. Think Poch values the consistency and confidence the team get from playing game after game together with mostly the same players. To be fair it has worked well so far. And he seems to value it above the players getting tired out. Plus he wants us qualified so next game isn't a tougher game.

if we rest Kane IMO we are better suited for a 4-3-3. Poch is pretty rigid though.
1a8751545994b5e4b09ae4d0144fbc82.jpg

So, Lamela is apparently injured now. Wonder if he will be ready for the Chelsea game, and if not, what will our line-up then be?

For Saturday..
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Dier, Son, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

For tonight I'd rest Kane, Dier, Vertonghen and Alderwiereld. I know Walker, Rose and Dembele didnt travel.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS very excited to see Harrison in the team, what are your thoughts on him?
I heard such great things from Under-16 contacts as he was prolific at that level. He was underwhelming for the Under-18s although did still score fairly regularly. Has had a growth spurt now and looks physically able to handle Under-21 football and is apparently seen as a number 10.

I am yet to be convinced but he definitely has some talent.

Same people on here claiming i am over reacting are the same that will go into meltdown on sunday acting oblivious as to why we didnt turn up .theres nothing wrong with the players attitude or desire to win games

Honestly fuck off poch ,just fuck right off sending kane and other key players to fucking azerbaijan ,automatic points dropped against fucking chelsea ,fuck sake ,

Anyone denying this will hurt the chelsea game can fuck off too
No, playing on Thursday night at 10pm (their time) and playing on Sunday at 12 midday , whilst Chavs went to Israel on Monday, are already back and have 4 days in-between games to rest and train.
So, blame the EL, not Poch.
We will either spend our rest day, Friday, travelling or come back early arrive early Friday morning, train on Saturday and face them at 12 noon.

We could always throw it, like Spam.

poch has done amazing for us. so the criticism coming up is nothing compared to all the good he has done for us.
(the disclaimer's some over sensitive board members make u have to say)

the only big thing he has really done wrong is some of his selection policy when trying to balance league & cups etc. obviously its very hard to do.

but his selection with the cup final & europa knockout game was muddled at best.
the Woolwich cup game was just plain wrong.
& now sending a lot of the starters for the Chelsea game all that way is very short sighted.

that's 1 of the few area's he can improve on. he is young & learning all the time though

I also don't like how little he values the FA cup but then again most managers feel that way these days.

Levy isn't making them walk there. As we won't have much time to prepare, it makes sense to keep the majority of the squad together as I'm sure they will go over a few things for the Chelsea game whilst out there.

Just because he's brought Kane etc doesn't mean they'll be starting.
how fragile is our squad if they can't spend a couple of days apart.
I don't buy in to this at all. it reminds me of those lame team building corporate things.

kanes on fire again. but because he didn't go on the 2 day trip with "the boys" he wont feel like 1 of the gang so his form will drop off.

hopefully the likes of walker, rose & dembele will be mentally strong enough not to develop separation anxiety from this big upheaval.
stay strong boys. hope they have got decent internet speed out there so u can skype the lads overseas so u don't miss them too much.

they will still have plenty of time to go over the Chelsea game plans etc.

I don't buy in to this at all. it reminds me of those lame team building corporate things.

kanes on fire again. but because he didn't go on the 2 day trip with "the boys" he wont feel like 1 of the gang so his form will drop off.

hopefully the likes of walker, rose & dembele will be mentally strong enough not to develop separation anxiety from this big upheaval.
stay strong boys. hope they have got decent internet speed out there so u can skype the lads overseas so u don't miss them too much.

I'm happy the majority of the 1st team have travelled. Gives them time to all train together still ahead of the Chelsea game. They may not all play against Qarabag but at least they keep match fit.

Hopefully Dembers, Rose and Walker are doing the same in London.

I wasn't implying they should all live together at the training ground or that they need to be together for squad morale etc (I'm actually in agreement with you that it's well over hyped), I was just saying I don't see the harm in them sitting on a plane and traveling even if they don't feature.

If this Chelsea game really is the be all and end all of the season for some people, should Levy ring Qarabag and say the whole squad and coaching team aren't feeling very well and won't be able to make the game today?

poch has done amazing for us. so the criticism coming up is nothing compared to all the good he has done for us.
(the disclaimer's some over sensitive board members make u have to say)

the only big thing he has really done wrong is some of his selection policy when trying to balance league & cups etc. obviously its very hard to do.

but his selection with the cup final & europa knockout game was muddled at best.
the Woolwich cup game was just plain wrong.
& now sending a lot of the starters for the Chelsea game all that way is very short sighted.

that's 1 of the few area's he can improve on. he is young & learning all the time though

I also don't like how little he values the FA cup but then again most managers feel that way these days.
Them being sent down there doesn't mean them playing

Back
Top Bottom