The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus, there have been some teams rock up at the lane with little intent but this lot took the biscuit..
A minimum of 6 at the back at all times.. shocking.. well done to Poch for swapping it round when he did. Felt sorry for Vince but he was rather ineffective..

Woolwich or Chelsea next round please.. this was the fa cup and seemed such a non event, we need a big game to get the FA cup juices flowing..

I hope my lowkey performance yesterday put me in a pole position to referee the NLD in April

COYS
Thought you lead the team out in style......
C1qRMHmWIAAkW48.jpg

You looked bang up for it...............
C1qqsSuXgAAQGKq.jpg

The more you listen to the boss, the more your game has come on. Keep it up.
C1rHCjPXgAE3Amr.jpg

Loved the Villa Fans chant "Champions of Europe....You'll never sing that"

With a performance like the one they normally produce against us "Premier League team...you'll never sing that" would have been an adequate response.

Looked at the AVFC official site

Post-match interview

On Dele Alli…
I asked if he could come and play for us.

He said Steve 'I’d love to join you but I think £80 million might be too much'.

I was actually a bit nervous standing so close to our glorious young captain :ledleylick:

Mike when Janssen went off yesterday I thought Poch was going to play you up top maybe nodding one in from a corner, but yet again he got it right and left you in midfield dictating play with the whistle, lovely stuff

Danny Rose better watch out son, you are closing in on player of the year

Loved the Villa Fans chant "Champions of Europe....You'll never sing that"
With a performance like the one they normally produce against us "Premier League team...you'll never sing that" would have been an adequate response.

But the thing is they can 'cos they were...
However, "Premier League... you'll never be back!" Might've put them in their place...

Ahhh, the genius of hindsight 24 hours later!!

I think its a bit unfair to judge the change players on yesterday because not only are they playing their first game for a while but the whole team is unused to playing together as well. So if someone gets it in a central position they're not sure where the others around them are, they have to look up and pick a pass and then its too late. With a settled team he can almost play the pass without looking, he knows where everyone is going to be. I think that partly accounts for a flat first half yesterday. Especially difficult for VJ who's relying on receiving those passes.

Think poch got the formation wrong too. 3 attacking players never looked potent. Not surprised a formation change resulted in a couple of goals
That could be largely down to having Trippier and Davies play, though. Rose and Walker have so much pace and penetration that they're almost attackers themselves - so against a parked bus with those two, I don't think we'd have been so offensively lacking.

Looked at the AVFC official site

Post-match interview

On Dele Alli…
I asked if he could come and play for us.

He said Steve 'I’d love to join you but I think £80 million might be too much'.

Holy shit I can't believe that's actually real.
:allitongue:

Got a lot of time for Steve Bruce. Has a face that I wouldn't want to look at sideways in a pub, but really is a softly spoken gent.

Back
Top Bottom