The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For all the waverers and the 'let's not go over the top - City are a good team'. Next Saturday will prove how good we are.

I don't think anyone - let alone me - doubts that we're fantastic. I'm merely pointing out that us winning 4-0 and them losing 0-4 doesn't automatically lead to us beating them 8-0.
They currently have a team of sleeper cells, but if anyone we seem to be able to activate those!

Nevertheless, I'd still put my money on us even if we were even favourites.

They are at home, wanting to put right the Everton game and will desperately want this one. They may do us a favour and move aside but I doubt it. We are going into this on very good form and there is no reason why we cant win this-I cant see us not winning. We mustn't under estimate them and show then 100% respect.
Its a massive game for us, all 3 points will keep us ahead of the pack and on the heels of Chelsea. Its all so close that one defeat and we all change places. We mustn't allow Chelsea to win the PL.

Yeah, that's why I wrote "player for player".
Nevertheless, it probably should have been "on paper".

Point is, they're the kind of team that can suddenly show up for a big game, despite a shit form - just like Chelsea last year. People often conclude too much based on form. Hardly comparable, but Aston Villa fans were sure that we'd thrash them by double figures.

Eeeez football :pochsmirk:
Is this thread about dancing?

Night petal x
Welcome to strictly come posting!

From Bluemoon.

"Hard to swallow,but Spurs have a better team,better players in arguably every position.
Forget their quality,they'll show the fight and desire to win,sth we totally lack."

Apart from the messy post, and unconventional punctuation, this guy nails it.

I think we're winning the mental battle, teams and fans are starting to fear us. Puts us in good stead for when we turn up and express ourselves. I feel more confident going up against Guardiola's City than this time last season against Pellegrini's City.

What is a 'waverer'?
giphy.gif

I don't think we will lose this one. They may want to come out strong against us but if they make too many changes and try to play a open game we will slaughter them. At the least it will be a draw. But I really can't see them scoring against us. Now their next opponents might be in trouble but not us. Also I would personally put Davies in a back three ahead of Wimmer. Like I saw someone say before most of Citehs attackers are small and quick so I think Davies would be able to handle them better.

I agree that if they try and attack us we will slaughter them, but I also feel like if they go defensive against us we will slaughter them too. We have an answer for whatever they try to do. How do you beat Tottenham? Very hard nowadays.

I often hear this but I can't really agree. It's probably the worst structured squad I've ever seen from a club that's supposed to challenge for honours domestically as well as internationally. There's no doubt that Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva are top class players that would get in just about any team in the league. I think Fernandinho and Sterling are very good aswell, but besides that the squad is a weird mismash of nothing type players.

The defense is absolutely horrendous. I can't believe how much they've spent in the last 5 years on that central defense and they're still not even half the unit that say a Middlesbrough or Burnley is. It's horrible. Mangala, Otamendi and by the looks of it, Stones, have all been terrible buys at £30m+ each. The fullbacks were good a couple of years ago but by now they're a joke. I thought that would be the first area Guardiola would address considering how important fullbacks have always been to him. They're all past it. All four.

The midfield is aging and Toure looks like a passenger in most games bar against relegation fodder at home where he can still dictate. Fernando has been shocking. Gundogan is a top player but he's been injured for 3 years and predictably he's injured again. Delph another Sinclair or Rodwell type acqusition. Fernandinho is a good player but keeps losing his mind and getting sent off.

Up front they've got Aguero who's brilliant but he's been off it since his weird assault on Luiz. Iheaneacho isn't trusted by Guardiola and is a bit of flattrack bully although there's promise there. No clue about Gabriel Jesus.

The only part of their team that's truly terrifying is the attacking midfield where they've got an embarassment of riches in De Bruyne, Silva, Sané and Sterling. That's about as good as it gets.

Having said all that, I'm sure we'll see a reaction on Saturday and it won't be an easy game. We need to get past Liverpool and City away without losing and a draw isn't the end of the world. After those two games we've got no more away games against the top-6 and the hardest left are West Ham and Burnley away imo.

Spot on, all of this. Plus, their goalkeeper situation!

I agree there will be a reaction, but I think this is why it could become a thrashing again because once we score in the first 25 minutes their heads will drop. They'll have worked hard and will see that they are still going to get beat by a better team, and then it's just a question of whether we take our chances.

The City attacking players will be left frustrated if their defence let in another erronous goal.If that happens I do feel we can go on and win the game with some margin.
3-5-2 worries teams now. It is so difficult to stop Rose/Walker!

The City attacking players will be left frustrated if their defence let in another erronous goal.If that happens I do feel we can go on and win the game with some margin.
3-5-2 worries teams now. It is so difficult to stop Rose/Walker!

Walker and Rose playing as wingers effectively against Sagna and Kolorov? Yes please.

Back
Top Bottom