The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The day I allowed myself to truly believe in this team. No expecting the worst, no trying to play it down in fear it will go tits up. The day the skip in my step came back and my head has been held high ever since. We are title contenders, again, and I am enjoying it. No nerves just pleasure watching this team play.

We can win this, I genuinely feel we are going to city the favourites, we have a better team then them and I would not swap any of our starting 11 for there's, our team play for the club and for Poch and for the fans, not for the wages!
I don't know why though but I always perfer being the under dogs, with a point to prove, the chavs was a great example of this, no one other than us knew we could win, they thought the best we could hope for was a draw and to piss on there record attempt.... look how that turned out!, any how I'm sure Poch will have us drilled and focused, let's get the 3 points here and the real test will be Merseyside!

How many games now till we beat the woolwich record?
:sonhmm:

It's amazing how awful their defense is with the money they've spent on it.

Stones: 50 million
Otamendi: 30 million
Kolarov: 15 million
Zabaleta: 8 million

Jan, Toby, Rose, and Walker combined: 25 million

They know how good we are. There's always the 'they'll bottle it, they always do' comments, but the wiser ones know we learned a lot from last season. Far from the worst fans, on the internet at least.

If (and not jinxing it so only saying if) we manage to finish above them this year the exact response will go from 'they'll bottle it, they always do' to 'you've only done it once in X years' (believe it was 94/95 season)

Love the kid celebrating in the blue jacket around 45 secs and the shrug of the bloke next to him! Awesome!

Just goes to show we still have some proper cocky Cockney wind-up merchants in our number...

I know they're right next to the home fans, but come on lads... celebrate with our fans/players (the players are right in front of you!) ...rather than goading the opposition! I'd much rather spend the precious few seconds after scoring a goal actually celebrating rather than contorting some false 'smug gloating' posture, purely to wind up the opposition... once the game is over, then we can gloat (if that's you're ting) but during a game fucking hell... I know we won eventually, but what's the point in asking for it later on by smugly posturing when there's still half an hour to play?

It goes back to the old adage of what you'd rather... celebrate joyously with your own fans and enjoy the moment...? or spend waste time taking the mick out of the opposition...?
Look what happened when West Ham did it at our place on 88 mins... how fucking stupid did they feel two minutes later?

Surely we're above their level???

I guess it's not too different from taking your mobile out to post a selfie as everyone else around you is going bananas... where's the impulsive nature in that?

Enjoy what we're doing...as a team... fuck the opposition, let them worry about them, and then they can also worry about us!

I don't know if you can add Rose and Walker to it. Rose and Walker were both young and signed for the future. Just like Stones was when signed for Everton for £3,000,000. If City were to sign Rose or Walker now for example, it'd be £50,000,000+

Otamendi price is just ridiculous though. So was Managala when they signed him. Funny though because it's just other clubs fleecing them because they know City have money.

Kolarov (31) and Zabaleta (32) are way past it. Add to that Sagna (33) and Clichey (31) - Certainly not the dynamic full backs they need to play their system.

As much as i don’t want to defend them, i do feel slightly sorry for Pep. Apparently City had been after him for 4 years, but have left him with a squad full of has-beens and mercenaries.

Don’t get me wrong, it's their own recruitment policy that has led them here, and it’s not like they don’t have the resources. But they’ve spunked a hell of a lot of money on a hell of a lot of dross, particularly at the back. 32 mil on Mangala FFS!!

Add to that, De Bruyne and Sterling have only got 7 goals between them this season, it's not enough from £100 million pounds worth of firepower. But, as i say, if you chuck around money like that then you cant be suprised when you find it difficult to motivate your players.

Ironically, the continued shift in power towards players has actually made the league a better place for teams like us (and Leicester, well last year at least). The money clubs cant just buy the league anymore, And it's one of the reasons we've become title contenders despite having an annual wage bill roughly £100mil less than any of the other "top 6".

Last edited:
Just goes to show we still have some proper cocky Cockney wind-up merchants in our number...

I know they're right next to the home fans, but come on lads... celebrate with our fans/players (the players are right in front of you!) ...rather than goading the opposition! I'd much rather spend the precious few seconds after scoring a goal actually celebrating rather than contorting some false 'smug gloating' posture, purely to wind up the opposition... once the game is over, then we can gloat (if that's you're ting) but during a game fucking hell... I know we won eventually, but what's the point in asking for it later on by smugly posturing when there's still half an hour to play?

It goes back to the old adage of what you'd rather... celebrate joyously with your own fans and enjoy the moment...? or spend waste time taking the mick out of the opposition...?
Look what happened when West Ham did it at our place on 88 mins... how fucking stupid did they feel two minutes later?

Surely we're above their level???

I guess it's not too different from taking your mobile out to post a selfie as everyone else around you is going bananas... where's the impulsive nature in that?

Enjoy what we're doing...as a team... fuck the opposition, let them worry about them, and then they can also worry about us!

With all due respect Fuck That!

When you have to listen to cunts booing Kane and mocking the way he speaks, calling Dele a cheat, singing about how we´ll never be champions of England or Europe and we´ll win fuck all etc etc etc

When we score, its time to shut up.....most teams Ive noticed sing against us than support their own....Villa, WBA recently, 90% of their songs were about our fans. Well when you´re 4-0 down expect to hear that youre shit then.

Etihad is a fucking library...the loudest that day was booing Kane

With all due respect Fuck That!

When you have to listen to cunts booing Kane and mocking the way he speaks, calling Dele a cheat, singing about how we´ll never be champions of England or Europe and we´ll win fuck all etc etc etc

When we score, its time to shut up.....most teams Ive noticed sing against us than support their own....Villa, WBA recently, 90% of their songs were about our fans. Well when you´re 4-0 down expect to hear that youre shit then.

Etihad is a fucking library...the loudest that day was booing Kane

I do get this, when you're getting dogs abuse, there is no better feeling when it all goes quiet, and that will only happen from the result on the pitch.

But with a lot of those teams... it’s all they’ve got. They have very little of their own to be proud of. Whereas us... we have an absolute wealth of riches to crow about at the minute. The media don’t know who to heap praise onto first, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane, Alli, The Full Backs, Toby...... I almost think "rise above it" because they know deep down that they will never have what we've got at the moment....

Stoke away last season was a prime example. At the beginning of the game all that “oh the Britannia is a tough place to go on a wet Tuesday night” came down to was some nasty "Jew" jibes and booing the fuck out of Danny Rose’s every touch.

Once it was clear how easy we were gonna brush them aside they had nothing... zero. But I was too busy basking in the glory of a team playing the best football in the league to give a fuck about ramming it back down some horrid inbreds throat.

Back
Top Bottom