The Mighty Lilywhites vs BHA Orangemen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't say you did. Just defending my intial post still hahaha
You know if this discussion was had in person it would have lasted 5 minutes and we would have both agreed and had a laugh about it
I hope so, its nothing to fall out about, really. I didn't disagree with what you said, per se, it was an observation about getting upset about it - football stadia aren't famous for being filled with witty, intelligent, open minded males who are concerned about the ills that beset the world.

Absolutely not, it was simply a comment about the ease off laughing it off as 'sticks & stones'. It was a lazy generalization, but there's a reason why GBLT groups exist and hetrophobia doesn't exist as a concept.
No, it wasn't a lazy generalisation at all. They are just words and they only hurt if you want them to - which was the point I made when I used the analogy.
Those kind of groups exist in an effort to criminalise verbalised ignorance and bias, but they are ultimately a waste of time, because irrespective of how that sector of human society are accepted for who they are, they will always be a massive minority in comparison to heterosexual humans, and humans by nature turn away from other humans who differ from them - either through appearance, race, skin, language, sexuality - even down to idiotic things like adjacent cities or football teams.
There are many ideals in life but I suspect that its going to be a long (and ultimately fruitless) battle to iron that quirk out of the human psyche.

The problem with disregarding offhand female sexism (or other forms of discrimination carried out by the usual "minority"), is that it normalises it.

When I see a group of guys making a sexist joke against women, it's usually just that, a joke. When I see a group of women making a sexist joke against men, they seem to genuinely believe it. It's become so normal and unchallenged for women to repeat negative male stereotypes (lazy, stupid, can only think with his dick, can't multi task, incapable of doing housework, only good for fixing things, dumb beast mentality) that they really believe it. And our media are more than happy to play up to it; how many times do you see an intelligent male in an advert? And how often do you see a stupid bloke with a woman tutting knowingly before coming to the aid of everyone because she so clever? How often do you see violence against men (usually a woman hitting a man in the crotch) in television, that's supposed to be hilarious? Could you imagine the reverse ever being considered funny?

And the worst of all? We, as modern men, have been equally conditioned to believe the same!

Anyway... Newcastle at home then...
I think in advertising its done for the humour content, come to think of it - when women do that its a bonding thing, secretly we are just their big, butch, studmuffins who can open pickle jars and do stuff on computers.

Away from all the deep and meaningful stuff, Poch says he wants to play with width and then has inverted wingers who come inside and narrow the pitch. None of the full backs ever get to the byline, which makes defending against us much easier. Also, whilst I am not accusing Lennon or Townsend of being one footed, by playing on the wrong side all the time surely the quality of crosses with their wrong foot will be worse, and defenders will spend the whole game giving them the outside and forcing them inside into traffic where they will be less effective.

Away from all the deep and meaningful stuff, Poch says he wants to play with width and then has inverted wingers who come inside and narrow the pitch. None of the full backs ever get to the byline, which makes defending against us much easier. Also, whilst I am not accusing Lennon or Townsend of being one footed, by playing on the wrong side all the time surely the quality of crosses with their wrong foot will be worse, and defenders will spend the whole game giving them the outside and forcing them inside into traffic where they will be less effective.
Well said, I don't want us playing 'wingers' ATM, certainly not in the tougher games, of which Villa away and Toon at home in the Lge Cup are examples of. . For me it's about a front 6, with the likes of Cap Mason Benji Dembe Kane Soldado Ade Eriksen Chadli Lamela being the main contenders.

Back
Top Bottom