The Line

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Head still banging!

Hope we've now gone past those Chav wankers. Sex Fibreglass being completely classless saying he did not want us to win the league. You're a professional footballer, not some fan and lets be honest you were a Woolwich leg-end but went to their second most hated rivals.

I don't want us to be loved like fairytale Leicester, but some acknowledgement that we are the best side in the league please.

Last edited:
6EaqMyo.jpg

Weird orange box is because mathematically Liverpool can achieve 69 points. The midweek fixtures could change this btw...

Last edited:
The state of the Chavs, has there been a worse defence of a title in the Premier League era? GD of +4 FFS, do we really have anything to fear going to their dump, other than past history? The way this team's pressing mentality has been indoctrinated by Pochettino I expect us to go there and win.

The state of the Chavs, has there been a worse defence of a title in the Premier League era? GD of +4 FFS, do we really have anything to fear going to their dump, other than past history? The way this team's pressing mentality has been indoctrinated by Pochettino I expect us to go there and win.
As I said yesterday, if we cannot do it this year when will we do it?

Next year....why not?
I was talking about winning at Stamford bridge which with the way both teams are playing we should/need to do this year. We could do it next year but the fixture could come when we have just played a CL match whilst Chelsea will not have European matches. The timing this year when all players fit and 7 days rest is ideal.

I was talking about winning at Stamford bridge which with the way both teams are playing we should/need to do this year. We could do it next year but the fixture could come when we have just played a CL match whilst Chelsea will not have European matches. The timing this year when all players fit and 7 days rest is ideal.

This year, with this coach, this squad of players, this philosophy, this attack, this defence.... Please get it done!

I think Leicester's *title defence next season might come close!!!!

*IF THEY WIN IT!

The line could almost be above West Ham due to our goal difference... their maximum is 68

I still can't quite get my head around our GD... +39...
PLUS THIRTY-NINE!!!

That's 10... (ahem, no it's 11 again) clear of Man City ...and they apparently score 20 goals a game, with Kun Aguero scoring 15 of them - according to the usual weekly Sky/media wankfest!

incredible that we've kinda done this unnoticed... I know we've scored 4 a few times, but it still doesn't feel like we've given anyone a real good 'Wiganning' (as the phrase will never be known as)

Maybe it's 'cos we've won games by 2+ goal margins more often this year, (a dozen or so I reckon) and 'spread the love' as it were... rather than draws/narrow wins, but the once-in-a-season spanking we'd give someone in the past!

Last edited:
Well there is more chance of us winning the league (5 points) than Woolwich catching Spurs (8 points) that sits well with me this year...
I'd call it 8 points with an asterix. Still got a game in hand.
I believe if Man Utd lose tonight we are essentially guaranteed top 4, barring a 30+ goal difference turnaround in the last 4 games
Liverpool would still technically be able to catch us if they win tonight.

6 points from guaranteed second, they should come at home v WBA and Southampton.

If I've figured this out right, Shity can get a maximum of 73 points. Which would in turn sees the south London big club being only in with a chance of 72 points. If Shity and Goons draw then it's Charlton's neighbors on 73 points and Shity on 71 maximum

We might not win this. But fuck me. Second, Champions League group stages direct and above the scum would be a majestic runners up prize.

Back
Top Bottom