The curious case of Nacer Chadli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find myself disagreeing with a lot of this article. Chadli is a very good all around player that has fantastic ball contra and pretty sneaky good dribbling skills. His dribbling resembles Dembele in a way, I've seen him going past defenders without the flashy foot skills. His passing is also very underrated. He may not be as creative as Eriksen or Lamela but he can make a pass if needed. Also, considering Ade and Eriksen have been pretty lackluster, I don't think that he needs them on form to continue scoring.

I don't think people are giving Chadli enough credit as a player. Last season he was in and out of the team and dealt with slight injuries that kept him from playing to his full ability. Now that he's healthy and getting a run of games I believe that we are seeing the real Chadli who is a very good player.

Last season he was put directly into that role and then switched with The Sig/Eriksen and didn't really spark anything. His moment of glory against Benfica away last season was superb, shame we couldn't finish the job. He has a lot of promise, just needs to be utilised in the best way possible and having a manager who believes in him...

His pace in the game on saturday was evident for all to see. converting him into a striker wouldn't be a bad idea. the pace, strength, heading and finishing is all there

Expectations for him last season were high.......this season they are low

I think if you take into account that he was signed as younger cheaper alternative to Dempsey then you will get a better idea of where he fits in - can score useful goals, can be frustrating in possession, big enough and strong enough to be a quasi target man wide of a smaller striker, was always going to take a few seasons to get to where Dempsey was as he's new to the country and league.

Back
Top Bottom