The Bane of Your Life vs Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't believe that in the slightest. Even so a strong manager takes not prisoners - look at SAF over the years, top names have been booted out of the door if they give lip and perform below par

SAF had the record to be able to do that, unfortunately Pochettino doesn't have the reputation to do that just yet.

The evidence would suggest that, but if true, it's crazy.

I can't see any other reason why he's persistently chosen, especially over someone like Kane who's shown more in a hatful of appearances than Adebayor has for months now.

Everyone needs to start somewhere

Eliminate the rot so the body can begin healing

I want him dropped, like every other Spurs fan (except Gibbs maybe), but it's clear the bloke has some sort of 'hold' within the team and is seemingly undroppable.

I don't think he has a 'hold' whatsoever - more a glaring display of our current tactical naivety and 1-dimensional approach

I can't see any other reason why he's persistently chosen, especially over someone like Kane who's shown more in a hatful of appearances than Adebayor has for months now.
I think Poch is determined to play 4-2-3-1, and he doesn't see Kane as a lone striker (nor Soldado). With Ade in this form I don't think we've got the squad to play that system - but that's neither here nor there. Kane deserves his chance.

Everyone needs to start somewhere

Eliminate the rot so the body can begin healing

I agree but how do we eliminate the rot when it was the rot that employed you in the first place, our sqaud needs a total overhaul and Lavy never backs a manager, look at the players we brought in this summer Poch hardly uses them such a disconnect between what the manager wants and what he gets given. The club is built on a buy low, sell high premise without any regard for team structure, devleopment.

:levywtf: :levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf:
:soldadolol::townhmm::paulinholol::adegrin:

I think Poch is determined to play 4-2-3-1, and he doesn't see Kane as a lone striker (nor Soldado). With Ade in this form I don't think we've got the squad to play that system - but that's neither here nor there. Kane deserves his chance.
I must admit I don't think Kane would work so well as a lone striker. Poch managed to get the system working at Southampton and had the balls to drop Osvaldo, which was a big statement!

Lets hope he gets the backing from Levy and maybe signs someone like Berahino, he's in good form and works with Kane for the England U21's. You never know Berahino and Kane could be the next Keane and Berbatov!
:keane:

I agree but how do we eliminate the rot when it was the rot that employed you in the first place, our sqaud needs a total overhaul and Lavy never backs a manager, look at the players we brought in this summer Poch hardly uses them such a disconnect between what the manager wants and what he gets given. The club is built on a buy low, sell high premise without any regard for team structure, devleopment.

I think we should sack both Poch and Levy and manage the club via this very forum

Starting 11 is decided via poll in the Match Thread

Subs based on player pos-reps and Tweeter popularity, etc.

Transfers to be sanctioned by the Top 5 highest ranked Fantasy League players in the TFC league (no goons rule applies) and / or Champions League winners with a Conference side in 6 seasons or less on Football Manager '11 or higher (no re-loads)

Press-conferences via the Pod

#againstmodernmanagement

:levywtf: :levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf::levywtf:
:soldadolol::townhmm::paulinholol::adegrin:
Dier plays every game
Davies is playing second fiddle to Rose, and rightfully so at the moment based on form.
Vorm is second choice keeper, and was always going to be. There is no competition there.
Stambouli is the odd one - doesn't seem to have been utilised effectively yet.

I think we should sack both Poch and Levy and manage the club via this very forum

Transfers to be sanctioned by the Top 5 highest ranked Fantasy League players in the TFC league (no goons rule applies) and / or Champions League winners with a Conference side in 6 seasons or less on Football Manager '11 or higher (no re-loads)

#againstmodernmanagement
I was sacked on Fifa by Spurs mid-december. Don't think I qualify for the job :klinsmann:

FUCKIN LEVY AND HIS TRIGGER FINGER AGAIN, THE CUNT! I NEEDED MORE TIME!!!!:walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream:

Dier plays every game
Davies is playing second fiddle to Rose, and rightfully so at the moment based on form.
Vorm is second choice keeper, and was always going to be. There is no competition there.
Stambouli is the odd one - doesn't seem to have been utilised effectively yet.

Dier is in through default playing in the wrong position, Vorm was a really odd buy unless Levy knows Lloris is off and Davies and Stambouli are typical Levy buys, instead of Schneiderlin and Shaw we get second rate versions. I am looking a the Jan window to see if we are gonna back Poch.

I was sacked on Fifa by Spurs mid-december. Don't think I qualify for the job :klinsmann:

FUCKIN LEVY AND HIS TRIGGER FINGER AGAIN, THE CUNT! I NEEDED MORE TIME!!!!:walker-scream::walker-scream::walker-scream:
How the fuck did you get sacked in an arcade game?

Proper Spursy - consider yourself hired, son

By losing a cup final. Give Poch at least 2 seasons to sort out Baldini's rabble of a squad

I would like to think we will see a good few departures in January.
It seems Adebayor is simply too much of an influence in the dressing room to drop, but he won't be going in January due to his lack of value, so we might as well get used to him starting in games.

It is so god dam annoying.

He is shit.

He takes stupid wages.

He affects our dressing room if you drop him.

and again he is shit.

I've had a feeling all along this season that Pochettino is very much AVB version 2. The one that is giving in to Levy and Ade's demands. I hope to go this isn't the case and these fractured dressing room stories that have come out today aren't true!

#againstmodernmanagement

Currently top of the no goons league on fantasy football.

Got Harrogate town to the Championship on Football Manager.

#YorkshireBaldini

Dier is in through default playing in the wrong position, Vorm was a really odd buy unless Levy knows Lloris is off and Davies and Stambouli are typical Levy buys, instead of Schneiderlin and Shaw we get second rate versions. I am looking a the Jan window to see if we are gonna back Poch.
Vorm was an excellent buy. We have one of the strongest back up GK's in the league. Friedel was not fit to replace Lloris any longer, but is a great guy to have around the club.

Shaw was never going to come to us once Man Utd were interested, and for £26m, I'm glad we didn't sign him.

Stambouli was bizarre and I still don't understand the role he is going to play in our season.

I didn't back the Davies signing in the first place. He'd only played a handful of games for Swansea, and he hadn't been that good. We could have got better on the continent for less £.

How the fuck did you get sacked in an arcade game?

Proper Spursy - consider yourself hired, son
Cheers. First things first - I'm hiring Tim as my assistant, we have matching gillet's, and Adebayor is player/captain/Director of Football/Ambassador/Finance Director (in charge of wage allocation).

Currently top of the no goons league on fantasy football.

Got Harrogate town to the Championship on Football Manager.

#YorkshireBaldini
Stop applying for jobs that have already been taken.

You can re-apply in 3 months when the job is empty again...! :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom