Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we do qualify for UCL then we'll be able to attract a higher calibure of player. Nearly every player in the world wants to play in the EPL but also in the UCL. We'll be able to offer that. Although we may have a financial restrictment to some extent with the new stadium, we can also offer the fact we're a London team, which is a big selling point.

Whoever we bring in, if Poch has chosen them then they have my full backing. He wouldn't just buy for the sake of it, they'd have to improve us.

If we do qualify for UCL then we'll be able to attract a higher calibure of player. Nearly every player in the world wants to play in the EPL but also in the UCL. We'll be able to offer that. Although we may have a financial restrictment to some extent with the new stadium, we can also offer the fact we're a London team, which is a big selling point.

Whoever we bring in, if Poch has chosen them then they have my full backing. He wouldn't just buy for the sake of it, they'd have to improve us.

Lets be realistic

We won't spend much. Poch has just come out and said it's going to be very difficult in the coming seasons money wise. We spend mostly whatever we have recouped from our sales. We'd be a very attractive outfit but I don't think we'll spend much.

We were just the season before - and looking to get back
You think we'd have signed Saha and Nelsen if we were in the Champions League? They were signed merely to give us experience to get us over the line. Both were gonna get dropped in the summer when we finished fourth and both were.

Lets be realistic

We won't spend much. Poch has just come out and said it's going to be very difficult in the coming seasons money wise. We spend mostly whatever we have recouped from our sales. We'd be a very attractive outfit but I don't think we'll spend much.

I don't think we need to spend that much though. Every area of our team is basically filled with options.

Other than back up striker, I can't think of much we need. People say midfield, but I think we've got enough options there as it is, with 6-7 players for 2 spots.

We could get Dembele from Fullham for £5million or Berahino for £10-15 and that's our shopping done.

Full faith in the scouting team.

I don't think we need to spend that much though. Every area of our team is basically filled with options.

Other than back up striker, I can't think of much we need. People say midfield, but I think we've got enough options there as it is, with 6-7 players for 2 spots.

We could get Dembele from Fullham for £5million or Berahino for £10-15 and that's our shopping done.

Full faith in the scouting team.
I could imagine us bringing in a rcb to cover for Alderweireld. Don't think Carter-Vickers is ready to be a back-up cb just yet. It would be ideal imo, if we could bring in an older and experienced cb in

I could imagine us bringing in a rcb to cover for Alderweireld. Don't think Carter-Vickers is ready to be a back-up cb just yet. It would be ideal imo, if we could bring in an older and experienced cb in

It's a tough one.

If we buy a new CB, he's going to basically be back up for 2~ years until we think CCV is good/old enough. Would it be worth the investment? Could we find someone good enough, but who would be happy with back up?

CCV is 19 this year and he's already been training with the 1st time. I think he could play a few games next season, but would you want to depend on him to come on as a sub vs Woolwich etc?

It could go either way though. Both paths have their benefits. I'd like to see CCV get some game time next year though.

Don't worry - Fazio will be back by then

CCV will get a full pre season with us with hopefully some competitive friendlies and we will get an idea. I think being fourth choice is centre half is a good role for him and feel like it would be a waste to get someone in.

Back
Top Bottom