Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And the other option is...?
Wasn't this joker creaming his pants not so long ago that "Bats was in the bag"?

:pocheyes:

Not sure - most of the "ITK" references are regarding:

Janssen
JJ: "Nothing too close but VJ is a big possibility at this point. Not for the RO Thank you"
Trix: "My impression is that Janssen could have been done by now."

Sanabria
JJ: "Something in it .....Poch knows him, that's all for now - not in Read only thanks"

Vasquez
Grey Fox: "All I know is that we had initial discussions not sure how far down the road we have taken them"

As fun as ITK is, sometimes transfers come from nowhere (Son and N'jie?) because the club have tightened up the reigns on it. It's perhaps debatable as to whether the ITK leaks are the reason we don't get to sign these players and Chelsea swoop in, aside from the DL bashing.

Not sure - most of the "ITK" references are regarding:

Janssen
JJ: "Nothing too close but VJ is a big possibility at this point. Not for the RO Thank you"
Trix: "My impression is that Janssen could have been done by now."

Sanabria
JJ: "Something in it .....Poch knows him, that's all for now - not in Read only thanks"

Vasquez
Grey Fox: "All I know is that we had initial discussions not sure how far down the road we have taken them"

As fun as ITK is, sometimes transfers come from nowhere (Son and N'jie?) because the club have tightened up the reigns on it. It's perhaps debatable as to whether the ITK leaks are the reason we don't get to sign these players and Chelsea swoop in, aside from the DL bashing.

ITK it is literally 100% made up bullshit from people who feed off attention.

Watch:

Janssen
Blue Balls: Poch is a keen admirer and the interest is there. Real possibility this would could happen dependent on the fee.

I put it in italics because then it is real.

Speaking of the forwards we didn't sign last June, how did Pato, Benteke, Berahino and Austin get on in the end ?

Speaking of the forwards we didn't sign last June, how did Pato, Benteke, Berahino and Austin get on in the end ?

Austin was doing alright until he got injured, wasn't he?

For the £4m they paid, I'd have brought him in all day. Bargain.

I would have though the only one worth considering now would be Berahino at the £16m mark ?
Apparently Poch was offered Austin and wasn't interested .

I would have though the only one worth considering now would be Berahino at the £16m mark ?
Apparently Poch was offered Austin and wasn't interested .

I was, and still remain, unconvinced by Berahino. I think we have kids in the academy who could get in a similar situation in a lesser team (like Rashford has done at Utd, when they had no option).

Therefore, you could either argue we don't give the youth enough credence (which suggests our coaches/scouts are daft), or that a player like Berahino perhaps is a little over-rated just because he's "English" (from Berundi, but I think is down as English) and had one half decent season.

Every club has one from time to time, ranging from Cademateri at Everton, to the likes of Macheda and Nardiello at Utd. Probably loads of examples, but you have to sustain the form and skill otherwise these players end up dropping through the lower leagues eventually.

Why can't people voice their concerns mate? Harry is clearly fucked because we didn't buy a striker. Give it a rest too.

People can voice their concerns. If you, or someone with a similar activity on here, raise concerns, I'll listen. I might decide to disagree, but your concerns are of interest to me.

But that's because the likes of you give input on vast number of subjects on here, and more significantly you are around to praise the players when they've had a blinder of a match or to flame them when they had a stinker, to praise Lamela for his progress etc etc.

When someone almost only pops on here to raise Levy-based concerns on the other hand :levywtf:

People can voice their concerns. If you, or someone with a similar activity on here, raise concerns, I'll listen. I might decide to disagree, but your concerns are of interest to me.

But that's because the likes of you give input on vast number of subjects on here, and more significantly you are around to praise the players when they've had a blinder of a match or to flame them when they had a stinker, to praise Lamela for his progress etc etc.

When someone almost only pops on here to raise Levy-based concerns on the other hand :levywtf:

Ok, but Schmoods is becoming a bit dictatorial. Why can't people voice Levy based concerns only? This is supposed to be a forum, but after the recent displays of overt nationalism, and anti-democratic shrieking I'm not sure anymore.

I think the forum is showing its true colours - a right wing place that tolerates different opinion reluctantly.

Something struck me. Here's what "know".
1) Marseille needed to come out with 21m by July 5th or face sanctions
2) Liege had a 35% sell-on clause, so any deal had be 33m for Marseille to get 21m just from this deal
3) Palace and Spam had bids, if not 33m then close to it
4) We we're never likely to bid 30m+
5) Though Bats went back on his "I want CL", I cannot see him having ever wanted to go to Palace or Spam
6) Chelsea appear out of nowhere with a 33m bid
7) Chelsea loan out about 2000 players each season

Something's fishy.

I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if Marseille loan a few players from Chavs next season. With my suspicion being an underhanded agreement where they pay over the odds, making the actual fee below 33m, which was just a temporary need from Marseille.

I'll get my coat........and tinfoil hat :walkercry:

Janssen
Blue Balls: Poch is a keen admirer and the interest is there. Real possibility this would could happen dependent on the fee.

I put it in italics because then it is real.

Damn son, that's a pretty deep source you've got there.
:lamelashock:

vw_instory2.jpg

Something's fishy.

I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised if Marseille loan a few players from Chavs next season. With my suspicion being an underhanded agreement where they pay over the odds, making the actual fee below 33m, which was just a temporary need from Marseille.

I'll get my coat........and tinfoil hat :walkercry:
Isn't Batshuayi's agent getting something like a £2m 'bonus' in all this? I could swear I read that somewhere.
Unfortunately, his agent seems a bit of a sort, so this transfer was never exactly going to go under the radar.

As soon as I saw Batshuayi kick the ball away when his team were 3-0 up in the 88th minute it was pretty obvious that:
1. He wouldn't fit into the team.
2. He's childish and mentally weak.

Can't say I'm heart broken.

I think the Wanyama signing has so far and potentially brought us more bite in the middle of the park. You have to believe there are going to be some games both domestically and in the Champions League where he and Dier will be used as a protective shield.

I think we now need to find a more effective player than Chadli. He is Ginola-light and so he needs replacing as do one of Bentaleb, Carroll and Mason, who I would probably keep but who I could see being a target for Bournemouth or Hull (nothing to base that on. Just a hunch).

For me that leaves a defender needed and then the obvious 2 additional strikers. One has to provide the pace that Mane has just been acquired by Liverpool. It is what Leicester have with Vardy and just enables a release of pressure.

If we want to be more than just irritant factor this season we need 4 or 5 more players and of the right attributes.

A good but slightly overrated squad is how I would describe us as things stand. Need more bite and a more clinical edge.

The first 11 is good , the squad is bang average .
Any injuries , resting , balancing the first 11 weakens them drastically .
Squad players that can challenge the first 11 is the only way forward .

Meaning what? The club isn't run as a loss-making toy:
Juventus on the Forbes Soccer Team Valuations List

We're owned by a wealthy currency trader. They're owned by industrial magnates. They're also our financial peers and are run in a very smart, business-like manner.

They've been very successful historically, and are the biggest club in Italy with all their competition run terribly, but in terms of raw financial muscle, they're not significantly different from us.
Do you have any understanding of Italian football prior to FFP?

Also - have a read at this

Last edited:
I know it. It's not unique to them. Soton do the same thing. So do Dortmund, and arguably a fair few others.
Except Sevilla just won 3 ELs on the run so the model has yielded arguably the greatest return, including transfer net profit second to none and a scouting network to be envied throughout Europe

In addition you cannot directly compare German clubs since 51% are owned by the public and Dortumnd in particular are being traded on the German stock exchange. They also have the highest attendances in Europe - more than both Real Madrid and Barcelona. We have nothing close to that in terms of pull and haven't won 1/5th of what they have historically. Forbes' evaluation is not objective in the slightest. If Utd were theoretically worth 200m more than us - does that mean we're similar size?

Back
Top Bottom