Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't think Mitchell actually watches games live - all up on his black box thing innit

Lyall should know this

I'm pretty sure, he does. At the very least after the numbers spit out potential targets to check them out up close.

To take an example from a more numbers based sport, the best handicapper on the NBA (at least publicly known) did an interview some years ago, where he explained that a common misperception had been for the longest while that he was basing picks solely on a numbers-based database and system, when in actual fact he was using actual observation to set up the database as ideally as possible, and then again went back to actual observation to interpret the numbers the system tossed out.

I think, something similar is in play with Mitchell. I love numbers, but they have to be interpreted in close connection with actual observation to make any sense (in sports at least).

What is it with them and midfielders that run with their tongues hanging out

_89794262_granit_xhaka_bodyimage_reuters.jpg

Xhaka is a good signing for them, whether he will improve them is the question though.

On a side note, this site just advertised the new Woolwich kit to me and where I can buy it. Can't say I'm too pleased with that!

Back
Top Bottom