Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless our owners have taken us to new depths of plummetry, he`ll pick us.

Never in my lifetime have Southampton been seen as a more attractive proposition than Spurs.

You would never know that though if you listen to some of the southampton fans. 2 seasons in the prem and they already think they are on the same level as Spurs just because they got 7th. Go on saints web forum and you will see some of the deluded comments. Southampton are not on our level and never have been. If Toby had ambition he would choose us over southampton

You would never know that though if you listen to some of the southampton fans. 2 seasons in the prem and they already think they are on the same level as Spurs just because they got 7th. Go on saints web forum and you will see some of the deluded comments. Southampton are not on our level and never have been. If Toby had ambition he would choose us over southampton

If he has ambition he would stay at Madrid.

Meh, Southampton are alright. Cunts at the board level, but they're a well managed and well structured club with a good philosophy that know how to develop talent. And they find decent players, invariably make them play far above their level, and then dupe clubs like Liverpool into overpaying.

2 seasons in the Prem but they finished just off our backs and ran ahead of us for the bulk of the season. Can see why they feel the way they do.

We shouldn't do a Liverpool though. Don't overpay.

Today, 03:37 PM#994
DT

user-online.png

icon1.png

This is a huge signing for us. Could be very emblematic of our attitude to moving forward, especially given Spurs' interest (a club i think we can and should be better than)

This is the type of southampton fan I mean from that saints web. Don't get me wrong I like optimistic fans but what right does he think southampton should be better than Spurs as a club despite them never being better than us in our whole history. Some of these southampton fans need a reality check

In footballing terms? Maybe not but in life terms? It completely is - More money and you get to travel the world if you do you example - or would you rather work for an insurance company 8am till 6:45pm everyday in Cardiff for £750.00 every 2 weeks?
I'd rather do something I love for £100,000 a year rather than something I hate for £1,000,000 a year. Unfortunately I do neither. :pochsulk:

The Daily Mail reported in January that he's on £75k/, while also reporting that Saints would be unable to match that. A move to Southampton would almost certainly involve a cut in wages, then. But who knows.
your right it was €5m pa and they said is €96kpw ( £75K). Which is not quite €5m, its €4,992,000 (I need to be absolutely on the ball as I am making a point here :rolleyes:)

I think we could probably match that. £3.9m ( I do hope that's right is that right) a year would be ok for us.
Holtby was getting £3.5m a year ( that's according to some Spurs related sight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom