Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unexpected day off. The signs were good. I get to see deadline day after all. Fuck this, I'm off to the pub before that gurning cunt in the yellow tie fucks my day up even more.

This is really funny (in a very cynical way). IF we do sign a striker, does that mean we have a successful transfer period ? So berahino comes in and all the negativity and doom and gloom becomes positive ?
We need a striker for sure but we have no doubt strengthened the squad. Lets wait and see if something pops up in the next few hours, if not the meltdown will be quite spectacular.

CNxnsj_WcAAyMNU.jpg
Post-coital?

Not waste my money on this shit anymore. That's what most fans will be doing. Also a bit of stick to the board won't go a miss. WHL is poisonous now but will get a whole lot worse.

Why are we paying the most expensive tickets per game in the league when we are quite clearly shit?!
Crowd seemed pretty lively last week. Best I've heard in a while, and that was without one of our best players and our two new attacking signings.

We have had all summer to buy a striker and we are leaving it this late. What the fuck do we do with one striker all season? What IF Kane gets injured? He needs a break anyway

Why do peo[le think Austin is the answer when we didn't play to Soldado's strengths ? Did anyone watch Austin and QPR last season.
What did they play like?
How many goals did Austin score from shots from more than 10 yrds? 2/3? How were most of his goals created?
It seems pointless to buy him because he's an old fashioned CF who cannot play up front on his own. He needs plenty of crosses to enable him to score.
He's not that good a passer and his work rate is questionable. If we bought him for back up, when he played we would have to change our system.
That's probably why we haven't gone for him.
Does anyone else remember QPR purposely not watering their pitch to stop the opposing team passing it around and enable them to play the direct long ball, cross into box football?
Austin would probably struggle to score goals in our system.
God, everyone was moaning about how we bought players that didn't fit and wasted money and most want us to panic buy now. 'If only Soldado would have had a partner and we would have given him the service form the wings. Why did AVB buy him if we are not playing to his strengths' Ring any bells
Please tell me what striker was out there, bar Charlie Fucking Austin, that would have fitted in well, and we could have realistically got?
List some names of the strikers, bar Charlie Austin, that we could have bought but didn't.

Unfortunately there are not limitless strikers about. We have tried to get the ones we want. The ones the manager wants to fit into his style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom