Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want this to happen. I even have my suspicions that Schniederlin is the reason Poch has yet to name
a Skipper. For me, whatever it takes. Straight 25 mill or player(s) exchange, Townsend, Lennon, Paulie, Sandro
Holtby plus cash. There is good reason why Poch wants him so badly and that in itself is enough for me.
But I believe, Poch believes MS, is the driving force needed to take us to the next level. And if he comes and
that proves to be the case, MS is that missing link. Then 25 mill or the equivalent will seem cheap!
Frankly, if MS does sign ... I hope he's not the new captain.

To be a captain, one must earn the respect.
And MS is just going to be a new signing, even if he was a great leader at Southampton. Plus, it will be disrespectful (and might cause problems) if the likes of Lloris, Verts, or even Kaboom are ignored. I'd make one of them the captain -- Lloris, imo -- and if we do sign MS and he does become a great leader and thoroughly respected, then maybe give it to him the following season. But not right away. Other than that, yes, I really really hope we get Schneiderlin.

Oh and however, to add a bit of a sour taste to our MS pursuit ...
Koeman again was pretty adamant MS is not moving. And after that he went on to say that they're interested in Townsend, but it looks very difficult. Personally, I think we won't get MS, if they don't get Townsend. But I'm still crossing my fingers for a Levy deadline-day special (with or without Townsend leaving).

Frankly, if MS does sign ... I hope he's not the new captain.

To be a captain, one must earn the respect.
And MS is just going to be a new signing, even if he was a great leader at Southampton. Plus, it will be disrespectful (and might cause problems) if the likes of Lloris, Verts, or even Kaboom are ignored. I'd make one of them the captain -- Lloris, imo -- and if we do sign MS and he does become a great leader and thoroughly respected, then maybe give it to him the following season. But not right away. Other than that, yes, I really really hope we get Schneiderlin.
Just replied to Le_TK and agree with you both. I,m not advocating MS for skipper should he come. But why is Poch saying he won't name a skipper until the end of the window?

Just replied to Le_TK and agree with you both. I,m not advocating MS for skipper should he come. But why is Poch saying he won't name a skipper until the end of the window?
Yeah, I see what you're saying.

Maybe Poch is just checking his options. I personally think he's down to Kaboom and Lloris. (Or maybe, he'll give Verts a shot on Sunday?) Plus, I think Poch said he wants to have a team decision for the new captain, so maybe he gave the players a week to decide and will vote for it on Monday or something.

Regardless, we'll have a decent idea on Sunday: If Kaboom captains, then I think it's pretty certain he will be the new captain. But if Hugo captains (or even Verts) on Sunday, then I think it's still 50-50 (or 33-33-33), and we would have to wait till Monday or Tuesday to find out.

Plus a tenner!:adegrin:
eDj2Djw.jpg

You are totally right man. We obviously need MS after these displays so far this season.

We desperately need MS plus someone to replace Lloris too.

It will cost a bit, but thats where the sensible money has to go.

:crouch:

The tragedy is that if he was never linked, not one person on here would have ever said:

"you know what...? I reckon we should get rid of Sandro and Capoue, or maybe even Dembele......Holtby could go too actually....and sign that Schniderlin player"

Linked = "Oooooh" = Want = NEED = NEED OR RELEGATION!!!!!! SIGN HIM!!! AHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom