Stupid things you have heard at the lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was that the beach ball game? "You're not fit to wear the bib" when the steward confiscated the beach ball?

Mate it could have been because we were back in europe for first time in a little while, I remember by the end of the season 30% of the fans had Barca shirts on for the Woolwich champions league final, there were beach balls, a blow up spider man was in crowd happy happy days

Not really stupid, but stupidly funny. There was a chap called "Flanders" ( due to looking like Ned Flanders from the simpsons - even had the name on the shirt ) well old Flanders was in block 31 and was often amused by us fellow fans signing at him. On one occasion he stood up to get a song going and the reaction was a pitch perfect thousand or so people singing back at him "sit down you pedophile...." maybe you had to be there :deledoubt: he stopped going shortly there after. If he's on here or still about hope he gets some joy out of being remembered

Mate it could have been because we were back in europe for first time in a little while, I remember by the end of the season 30% of the fans had Barca shirts on for the Woolwich champions league final, there were beach balls, a blow up spider man was in crowd happy happy days

Better days now, but possibly less fun?

Better days now, but possibly less fun?

It could be, it's getting there, the fear is we have to be winning during games and in top 4 for the crowd to get behind them which is worrying

What has always bothered me is the biggest moaners in the crowd are those who SAW the shit, like we did, and yet have McBeth's vaulting ambition ideals which leads to every game being a heart stopper and less fun

I miss the gallows humour sometimes, the happiness just to get 3 points and enjoy THAT game without worrying about other teams results in fucking November

The team is outstanding and the fans hopefully getting better, I am hoping the stadium means more youth 15-30 year olds who technically have been ousted the last 10 years can return and raise the volume. I just hope to god it doesn't go the way of the emirates, I don't think it will personally as we will learn from others mistakes

It could be, it's getting there, the fear is we have to be winning during games and in top 4 for the crowd to get behind them which is worrying

What has always bothered me is the biggest moaners in the crowd are those who SAW the shit, like we did, and yet have McBeth's vaulting ambition ideals which leads to every game being a heart stopper and less fun

I miss the gallows humour sometimes, the happiness just to get 3 points and enjoy THAT game without worrying about other teams results in fucking November

The team is outstanding and the fans hopefully getting better, I am hoping the stadium means more youth 15-30 year olds who technically have been ousted the last 10 years can return and raise the volume. I just hope to god it doesn't go the way of the emirates, I don't think it will personally as we will learn from others mistakes

I hope you're right mate. Most new stadiums are terrible for atmosphere. I don't see ours as being any different unless they get the prices right in the South stand, although the club's willingness to offer cheap tickets at Wembley is encouraging.

I'm always amused by the "yeah you mate... I'll see you outside after" home / away fan ridiculousness. Like they're ever gonna find each other outside the ground.

I'm always up for a bit of needle if you choose to sit next to the opposition fans, but i find the idea of trying to arrange a meet up outside after the game hilarious.

They're alway really fucking fat or streaks of piss as well.

I'm always amused by the "yeah you mate... I'll see you outside after" home / away fan ridiculousness. Like they're ever gonna find each other outside the ground.

I'm always up for a bit of needle if you choose to sit next to the opposition fans, but i find the idea of trying to arrange a meet up outside after the game hilarious.

Maybe they actually know each other, and are just trying to organise a shared lift home... it can be really difficult to make yourself heard sometimes above the din of the crowd!!

April 2011 - Spurs v WBA - Simon Cox is subbed on, the ground shout "Who????" and the fucker scored a screamer of a FK to get the draw.

That was collective stupidity :pochshock::sonlol:

There's an app idea there, Tinder for after game meet ups. Little bio of special moves etc

Just got to think of a name & I'll be rich

There's an app idea there, Tinder for after game meet ups. Little bio of special moves etc

Cracks me up the whole see you outside routine.

Was on the park lane next to the away fans when we played Swindon years ago. These two Swindon fans kept goading the spurs fans with offers of a meet up after the game. I told them to shut up and grow up as did some other spurs nearby, anyway they would not let up. Then this bloke behind me, shouts to them ' you two, yeah you two, I will see you both after the game, just me and you two'

They went quiet as a mouse and not a peep out of them for the rest of the game. I turned round and although not the biggest bloke in the world he had that look that just said he was a tough bloke. Fair play.

My boy also calling a bloke ' a melt' on the shelf a couple of years ago was quite funny. To be fair the bloke was moaning all game.

Funniest/Stupidest thing I've heard in ages at The Lane was quite recently, when the West Ham fans were singing/gloating; "It's happening again..." on 88 minutes, and whilst 'comfortably' 2-1 up...

3 minutes later and it was 3-2 to us... oh the stupidity! ...and the foresight! "It's happening again" never made sense anyway... unless they were all mystics, and were talking about yet another last minute winner 'happening again' for Spurs!

SAGES!!!

Last edited:
In PL v Birmingham and two Spurs (I assume) got into it over one standing all the time, even though most were standing. The guy standing offered him out, "outside after the game yeah" kind of thing.

85th minute, turned to me with a jolly expression "right time for a cuppa" and done a runner.

Had a northern accent so may well have been a brummie or neutral

Funniest/Stupidest thing I've heard in ages at The Lane was quite recently, when the West Ham fans were singing/gloating; "It's happening again..." on 88 minutes, and whilst 'comfortably' 2-1 up...

3 minutes later and it was 3-2 to us... oh the stupidity!

what a day!! so glad i took my 12 year old son to that one, he will remember it for his lifetime

late 80s on the paxton lower terrace there was a group of girls used to go and one was on the large size. couple of times part of the terrace sang "who ate all the pies..." - could have died for the poor girl, our own fans as well.

early 90s they thought it would be a good idea to have pre match entertainment at the lane. chas and dave were at one game, another there was a young starlett came out in a minidress and heels and sang her latest bland attempt at a song - the paxton sang "get yer tits out for the lads" proper cringeworthy, she took it well and after her song she waved to the crowd smiling/grimacing as her heels were sticking in the grass and nearly coming off.

yes, along the same lines as tinder and grinder but called straightener.(straitnr)
Instead of swiping right you hook right

Abbreviations like S&M mean swords and machetes, etc, etc, And bare fisting means something completely different

Remember when Woolwich had the poxy old bill band at half time. The highlight being when the lead cunt baton twirler threw it high into the air.
Good old establishment entertainment.
Never saw the cunt drop the baton .

yes, along the same lines as tinder and grinder but called straightener.(straitnr)
Instead of swiping right you hook right

Abbreviations like S&M mean swords and machetes, etc, etc, And bare fisting means something completely different

You've really thought about this , I admire that , it's your baby now

It was at a testimonial game for Peter Shilton, quite a lot of non Spurs fans there I think to see an England 11. It was at the time of the notorious mullet hairstyle, and when an England forward made a rick this noisy bloke behind me tore into him; "OI WADDLE YOU USELESS FUCKING STREAK OF PISS CUNT FUCK OFF BACK TO NEWCASTLE!!!" (or words to that effect). The bloke next to me waited a second, then turned round and said quietly in a matter of fact way "that's Matt Le Tissier". Bloke was quiet as a mouse for the rest of the 90, good as gold.

:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom