Stupid things you have heard at the lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

" Fuck off chadli you Judas"

With us playing well, the amount of dick comments has dropped sharply but some wanker yelled this at chadli yesterday.

I tell you my eyebrows raised perceptively.

Last edited:
Unreal. Chadli was sold, the guy wanted regular first team football and we couldn't give that to him. Typically he scored against us earlier in the season and didn't celebrate. Fair play to him on all counts.

I remember years ago (in the dark days of Gross) someone in the Park Lane tried starting a 'Come on you Spurs' chant mid-game... to which one young wit decided to follow it up with "Fuck off you Spurs!"

True story... that was our support back then!
To be fair, we were very shit... but still... y'know, support the team ffs!

There are certain normal chants that I think are dumb.

'Who are ya' is a self troll, I get what it's meant to mean but it just comes across like your own fan base can't look up at the scoreboard and read the name of the opposition, we don't sing that much like Arse fan thankfully who sing it all the time. You wouldn't think illiteracy would be a problem in a library but there you go.

Of our own songs la la la your shit is a 50/50, it ok when we are beating West Ham by a few clear goals but always liable to make us look dumb if we are only 1 goal up and we conceded.

In terms of individuals one guy shouted about Walker being useless at a game last season and we should sell him and a few other regulars like Eriksen, don't think that was properly thought through.

There are certain normal chants that I think are dumb.

'Who are ya' is a self troll, I get what it's meant to mean but it just comes across like your own fan base can't look up at the scoreboard and read the name of the opposition, we don't sing that much like Arse fan thankfully who sing it all the time. You wouldn't think illiteracy would be a problem in a library but there you go.

Of our own songs la la la your shit is a 50/50, it ok when we are beating West Ham by a few clear goals but always liable to make us look dumb if we are only 1 goal up and we conceded.

In terms of individuals one guy shouted about Walker being useless at a game last season and we should sell him and a few other regulars like Eriksen, don't think that was properly thought through.

I've never liked 'Your support is fucking shit' because you're singing it to the wrong people.

''That fucking midget Defoe has no left foot, overrated cunt''. - Shouty melter in the shelf @ WHL in 2008-09.

Jermain Defoe played for Portsmouth. He was looking at Jermaine Jenas.

I once should "Well Played Davids" & it was Wipey.

:dempsey:

I'd had a few mind

:mong:

I heard some bloke behind me shout at Kevin Campbell - "Oi Campbell - you couldn't trap a mouse with a ton of cheese."

Which isn't stupid, but it was fucking funny.

I heard some bloke behind me shout at Kevin Campbell - "Oi Campbell - you couldn't trap a mouse with a ton of cheese."

Which isn't stupid, but it was fucking funny.
Lol, there's some proper randomers. I remember some geeza behind me in Paxton when we lost to Liverpool's youth team on pens in the League Cup...''DUDEK! OI DUDEK! YOUR MUM'S ON THE PHONE!'' for the whole shootout. Even getting his phone out and waving it at him.

It made us all laugh, until we lost.

The funniest one I remember was a game where Lallana playing for Southampton was arguing with the ref and it was when we had the Bale money (that period or just after) and we where/had been buying loads of players.

After about the third argument one of the crowd in the lower shelf shouted ''fuck off Lallana or we'll buy you'', the idea of threatening someone with being purchased by us. I swear he heard it because he looked round at the crowd perplexed.

Was in The Shelf when we beat Palace 3-0 in the FA Cup and Kanoute scored a hat-trick.

Group of old retro battler types were just on it whole game.

Started chanting "One Michael Jackson" at Johnny Jackson, and one started shouting to everyone to stop singing for Kanoute and he should "fuck off if you dont wanna play for us" regarding him going off after that game to play for Mali.

Getting on my nerves they were, then one took his 10yr old son out with half hour left and came back alone, presumably so he could have a tear up later.

I was at the friendly with FC Porto back in 2005.

My lasting memory from the game was some bloke behind me in the Paxton Lower shouting "I'm gonna fucking knife you, McCarthy (Benni), you CUNT!" :pochshock:

We were playing Boro at night and I was in the east lower on the halfway line, 2 rows from the front. One of our players was taking a throw in, and everyone was covered, and this bloke pipes up really loud "throw it to Downing - he'll give it straight back". I swear he blushed. Mark Viduka was pissing himself.

At the last WBA game, sun came out right into our eyes. Bloke next to me shouts 'Oh fuck off sun.!' The Asian guy in front of us turns around to which the fella says 'Sorry, not you mate!'. Absolutely bellowed laughing.

Lunchtime kick off 2006, managed to hold on and beat city at home

After a few too many shandies in the sunshine to the tune of Jefferson Starships "We built this city" I started bellowing out

"We beat Man City, We beat Man City with Martin Joooooool"

Nobody got it nobody joined in

:bmj:

Lunchtime kick off 2006, managed to hold on and beat city at home

After a few too many shandies in the sunshine to the tune of Jefferson Starships "We built this city" I started bellowing out

"We beat Man City, We beat Man City with Martin Joooooool"

Nobody got it nobody joined in

:bmj:
Was that the beach ball game? "You're not fit to wear the bib" when the steward confiscated the beach ball?

Back
Top Bottom