Stop StubHub – Important Update

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know a PL season ticket holder who's not as interested as he used to be who basically uses StubHub to fund his ST, makes whatever profit he can. Of course he's the first to moan loud and long that the atmosphere isn't what it was, plastic fans bla bla bla. Refuses to see any correlatation between the two.

Cunt
I know a couple of people that do just that. They both have their ST's and each have x2 other ST's that they sell every single game. They make enough money to pay for their own ST outright and additional profit on top. Couple of people on here have openly admitted to doing it too, almost boasting about it, "market forces" and all that. Then as you say pipe up moaning about atmosphere and tourists. The other strange thing is they are also the one's quick to slate Levy for treating fans as cash cows, when actually they are profiteering even more.
Utter, utter cunts.

I know a couple of people that do just that. They both have their ST's and each have x2 other ST's that they sell every single game. They make enough money to pay for their own ST outright and additional profit on top. Couple of people on here have openly admitted to doing it too, almost boasting about it, "market forces" and all that. Then as you say pipe up moaning about atmosphere and tourists. The other strange thing is they are also the one's quick to slate Levy for treating fans as cash cows, when actually they are profiteering even more.
Utter, utter cunts.

Think we all know a few people that just sit on season tickets. It really pisses me off particularly as I don't have one so I am often stuck at the whim of buying from others. Even worse that you can only get away tickets with a season ticket, had to pay fucking £85 for Everton.

Should be a cap on the amount of tickets you can sell off a ST per season.

Because they are parasites. Making astronomical amounts of money off a face value ticket is a disgrace.. Have you seen the charges these leeches whack on?
There is a site on Twitter @hotspurtickets that won't allow any tickets to be sold unless they are at face value.. That's how it should be but to promote ticket touting and allow already over priced tickets to be sold for double or treble the price is disgusting and they deserve all the criticism they get..
If a ticket is £50 then it should remain at £50 with a few quid chucked on for admin etc..not sold for £100 with a further £20 shoved on..
Hate everything they stand for..

They are just a business providing a service. I used it for the first time to sell my season ticket because I could't make the game saturday. They charged me £7 to sell my ticket for £55. If I'd have had to travel to Spurs and then stand there touting it, the travel expenses getting there would cost me a shitload more than that and I could get nicked and fined into the bargain.

No one is forced to buy a ticket from Stub hub, they know what they are paying, before they pay it. The people who have the tickets have (the vast majority) bought them legitimately. Why should a sport ticket be any different from any other commodity you buy. No-one bitches if you make a profit selling your shit on ebay (who's charges are also pretty steep) why do people begrudge Spurs fans who've supported the club by buying season tickets etc at considerable expense from then selling them on to people prepared to buy them ?

I've never had a problem with touts either, used them loads throughout the years, got into most of the Euro games I went to this summer with touted tickets. Getting tickets off UEFA was a fucking joke.

I know a PL season ticket holder who's not as interested as he used to be who basically uses StubHub to fund his ST, makes whatever profit he can. Of course he's the first to moan loud and long that the atmosphere isn't what it was, plastic fans bla bla bla. Refuses to see any correlatation between the two.

Cunt

Correlation doesn't always mean causation. The atmosphere at Spurs was shit a long time before Stub hub came along. All seater stadiums for a start.

Bought my first ticket off them for Saturday's game as it happens, buying a ticket for 60 quid when it's displayed as 50 because they've whacked on a 10 quid service charge is criminal fucking legalised touting the cunts

So why buy it ? Why do you care how what you pay is broken down, if you're happy to pay 60 quid, why do you care whether some web site that means you can sit there on your sofa and legally but a ticket for a game you want to go to for a price your willing to pay takes a cut ? Was having to get the train to WHL and fuck about bartering with touts who invariably were picking up their tickets off mates at the club for for a drink and making a bigger profit a better system?

They are just a business providing a service. I used it for the first time to sell my season ticket because I could't make the game saturday. They charged me £7 to sell my ticket for £55. If I'd have had to travel to Spurs and then stand there touting it, the travel expenses getting there would cost me a shitload more than that and I could get nicked and fined into the bargain.

No one is forced to buy a ticket from Stub hub, they know what they are paying, before they pay it. The people who have the tickets have (the vast majority) bought them legitimately. Why should a sport ticket be any different from any other commodity you buy. No-one bitches if you make a profit selling your shit on ebay (who's charges are also pretty steep) why do people begrudge Spurs fans who've supported the club by buying season tickets etc at considerable expense from then selling them on to people prepared to buy them ?
G
I've never had a problem with touts either, used them loads throughout the years, got into most of the Euro games I went to this summer with touted tickets. Getting tickets off UEFA was a fucking joke.

Good grief. That is the kind of attitude that is ruining football as we know it..

" They are just a business providing a service" ??? I don't even know where to begin with that.
" No one is forced to buy a ticket off Stub-Hub" ? Perhaps you would like to explain where Spurs fans could buy tickets from then??. I mean what right have working class men got to want to go and watch their beloved Spurs without having to spend a weeks wages?
What right has a father got who would like to take his son ( the future fan ) to go and see his heroes play without costing him £200? - who needs future fans hey? Unbelievable.

Let's just for one minute think about the future ( unreasonable I know )
Who will we be looking to, to carry on the tradition of supporting Spurs? Kids that's who.
The Same kids who's parents can't afford to take them to any games because they can't get a ticket without getting a bank loan, but after all Stub-Hub "are only providing a service"
What do you think that kid and many more will be saying to their parents? They will be saying " I want to go and watch a football match Daddy " - so what do you think their parents will be saying? " ok son I'll take you to a game where I can get tickets". Now, can you think where parents can buy tickets for kids really cheap?? because I can.. In fact they can buy a ticket for their kid for less than £10.. Is that what you want? Losing all our future fans to some scumbag club up the road who have the foresight to realise that youth is the clubs future?

Football is and always has been an entertainment for the working class man who can take his kids so they can carry on the tradition..
With an attitude like yours it's no wonder we are selling the game to rich Arabs who don't know the first thing about football..

I despair sometimes - I really despair..

Last edited:
Good grief. That is the kind of attitude that is ruining football as we know it..

" They are just a business providing a service" ??? I don't even know where to begin with that.
" No one is forced to buy a ticket off Stub-Hub" ? Perhaps you would like to explain where Spurs fans could buy tickets from then??. I mean what right have working class men got to want to go and watch their beloved Spurs without having to spend a weeks wages?
What right has a father got who would like to take his son ( the future fan ) to go and see his heroes play without costing him £200? - who needs future fans hey? Unbelievable.

Who will we be looking to, to carry on the tradition of supporting Spurs? Kids that's who.
The Same kids who's parents can't afford to take them to any games because they can't get a ticket without getting a bank loan, but after all Stub-Hub "are only providing a service"
What do you think that kid and many more will be saying to their parents? They will be saying " I want to go and watch a football match Daddy " - so what do you think their parents will be saying? " ok son I'll take you to a game where I can get tickets". Now, can you think where parents can buy tickets for kids really cheap?? because I can.. In fact they can buy a ticket for their kid for less than £10.. Is that what you want? Losing all our future fans to some scumbag club up the road who have the foresight to realise that youth is the clubs future?

Football is and always has been an entertainment for the working class man who can take his kids so they can carry on the tradition..
With an attitude like yours it's no wonder we are selling the game to rich Arabs who don't know the first thing about football..

I really agree with your sentiment at its core, I really do. But I don't think stubhub and the "business" side of it is solely to blame. To a degree, I think supporters themselves are liable as well - supporters demand success. Transfer thread is always full (less so with the with recent market successes) of people calling for the club to "do what is necessary" or "stop pinching pennies" to buy/sign the players required to win. It's a spiral. United got minted off Fergie's success, and in order to compete other clubs had to come up with ways to generate cash flow. At the end of the day, the best possible source of revenue are the supporters (particularly when you haven't been massively successful but want to be).

It would be detestable if ENIC were pocketing the cash, but at the least for Spurs is clear that everything going into the club is being managed very well and reinvested into the club. Obviously there's loads of factors, but the demand of success fuels the requirement to continually increase revenue year after year. The only way to change that, really, would be hard caps on spending and revenue/profits putting a ceiling on the clubs' financial layout to reduce the need for supporter revenue. But that's like getting the F1 paddock to agree a speed limit.

As a Spurs fan don't you think you are responsible to ensure your ticket ends up in the hands of a Spurs fan? Or do you not give a shit who buys it, like a tourist visiting London who has on his bucket list "must visit a Premier League match". This tourist who will at any cost buy a ticket and thus create an environment for increased ticket prices, pricing out those genuine fans who can't afford to go? This tourist will sit on his hands, not sing, not contribute in any way to the atmosphere, an atmosphere that you only recently criticised for not doing a Napoli style intro for players names!!!! Couldn't fucking make it up, you are so typical of the lowlife fan that is seeping into the game and Spurs. Criticise the atmosphere yet YOU are directly responsible for making it so, fuck me WHAT A CUNT!!!!

Sounds like you do not give a shit, you don't care about Tottenham and the future of Tottenham. You take no responsibility for your actions, so long as you don't have to do anything, easy life, lazy, click on a couple of buttons, so long as you get your money back. Can't you see what your actions are doing? Get off your arse, ask mates at work, find out if they or their kids support Spurs. If you want to feel connected to a club it starts by your actions, helping out fellow supporters, it actually feels quite good if you can be bothered.

I'm sure the club who's season tickets and tickets I've been buying for decades don't see me as ruining football.

I received 48 quid for selling my ticket which cost me just about the same as part of my 900 quid season ticket.

Football does not belong to the working class, this isn't Victorian England, you're not a fucking 14 yo chimney sweep.

Working entitles you to a wage, health care and a pension, it doesn't entitle you to get the price of live entertainment subsidised.

Spurs, the company, over a ten year period have averaged less profit than provincial tesco. They are not a hugely profitable business.

I work hard, as do most people that buy football tickets, whether they work in a office a warehouse as a bricky, plumber or a bank manager.

If I choose not to use my season ticket for the odd game why the hell should I not be entitled to sell that ticket, bought with my hard earned money, for whatever price I can get for it.

I'm realistic enough to know that, like any other (live) entertainment industry, I expect to get what I pay for, if I want to watch some of the best players in the world, I expect to pay accordingly, if you want to watch lesser quality then there's plenty of choice out there from championship to park football for free.

Paying top dollar for the best live entertainment is not something invented by Daniel Levy. Try buying a ticket for any major sporting or entertainment event, you'll see it's all relative.

And the shit about foreign owners is embarrassing, xenophobic and bordering on racist. This league is the most competitive in Europe, and that's largely because foreign owners have come in and chucked their money at their clubs.

I don't like all of them, particularly one of them, but then I don't think Joe Lewis making his billions from shorting the pound was a particularly earnest days work. And no foreigners have run their clubs any worse than English wankers like Ridsdsle.

Last edited:
As a Spurs fan don't you think you are responsible to ensure your ticket ends up in the hands of a Spurs fan? Or do you not give a shit who buys it, like a tourist visiting London who has on his bucket list "must visit a Premier League match". This tourist who will at any cost buy a ticket and thus create an environment for increased ticket prices, pricing out those genuine fans who can't afford to go? This tourist will sit on his hands, not sing, not contribute in any way to the atmosphere, an atmosphere that you only recently criticised for not doing a Napoli style intro for players names!!!! Couldn't fucking make it up, you are so typical of the lowlife fan that is seeping into the game and Spurs. Criticise the atmosphere yet YOU are directly responsible for making it so, fuck me WHAT A CUNT!!!!

Sounds like you do not give a shit, you don't care about Tottenham and the future of Tottenham. You take no responsibility for your actions, so long as you don't have to do anything, easy life, lazy, click on a couple of buttons, so long as you get your money back. Can't you see what your actions are doing? Get off your arse, ask mates at work, find out if they or their kids support Spurs. If you want to feel connected to a club it starts by your actions, helping out fellow supporters, it actually feels quite good if you can be bothered.

So if I don't sing but I quite like it when others do, I'm a cunt? And you're the sort of prick I'm supposed to be "responsible" for ensuring they get their entertainment as cheap as possible ?

Easy fucking life ? How the fuck do you know how easy my life is, you presumptuous cunt ?

Personally I don't really judge anyone based on what football team they support, maybe that's because I'm not fucking 8 years old. I'd rather sell my ticket to a fucking Woolwich fan who's a really decent bloke than Spurs fan who's I think is cunt.

But I tell you what, next time I can't make a game on my season ticket, I'll spend the £100 or so quid I usually spend getting there, stand outside with a questionnaire, making sure the bloke who gets my ticket has been a Spurs fan for 60 years, sings himself hoarse for 90 minutes every game, him, his dad, his grandfather and his great grandfather are all good honest working class fuckers who have always lived in council flats in Enfield, and I'll pay him 50 quid to take the ticket off me. Because buying a season ticket for Spurs for years means I'm now responsible for them.

So if I don't sing but I quite like it when others do, I'm a cunt? And you're the sort of prick I'm supposed to be "responsible" for ensuring they get their entertainment as cheap as possible ?

Easy fucking life ? How the fuck do you know how easy my life is, you presumptuous cunt ?

Personally I don't really judge anyone based on what football team they support, maybe that's because I'm not fucking 8 years old. I'd rather sell my ticket to a fucking Woolwich fan who's a really decent bloke than Spurs fan who's I think is cunt.

But I tell you what, next time I can't make a game on my season ticket, I'll spend the £100 or so quid I usually spend getting there, stand outside with a questionnaire, making sure the bloke who gets my ticket has been a Spurs fan for 60 years, sings himself hoarse for 90 minutes every game, him, his dad, his grandfather and his great grandfather are all good honest working class fuckers who have always lived in council flats in Enfield, and I'll pay him 50 quid to take the ticket off me. Because buying a season ticket for Spurs for years means I'm now responsible for them.

You are on Spurs Community too arn't you?

I'd rather sell my ticket to a fucking Woolwich fan who's a really decent bloke than Spurs fan who's I think is cunt.

Calm down you twat. Your semi-literate ranting is really starting to annoy me. Who gives a fuck what you do with your ticket? Jesus Christ - the self-importance of some of our 'fans' is nauseating. Sell the cunt to whoever you want.

Proper cunt offs on TFC starting to come through all over the place. All we need is the transfer window to close and then the season being fully underway is complete. COYS.

You sound upset fella, touch a neve did II? I don't like what you do, deal with it. Check the title of the thread, read the fucking thread, if you would have done that, you would get that the majority here do not like StubHub and you would have learned why, all well fashioned reasons. When you then proclaim your affection to them do you seriously think your comments would have been met with enthusiasm?
Little tip for you, those red column things cemented into the pavements, they are called post boxes, don't half save on travel expense. Now fuck off and go back to contributing absolutely nothing to Tottenham there's a good boy.

I'm sure the club who's season tickets and tickets I've been buying for decades don't see me as ruining football.

I received 48 quid for selling my ticket which cost me just about the same as part of my 900 quid season ticket.

Football does not belong to the working class, this isn't Victorian England, you're not a fucking 14 yo chimney sweep.

Working entitles you to a wage, health care and a pension, it doesn't entitle you to get the price of live entertainment subsidised.

Spurs, the company, over a ten year period have averaged less profit than provincial tesco. They are not a hugely profitable business.

I work hard, as do most people that buy football tickets, whether they work in a office a warehouse as a bricky, plumber or a bank manager.

If I choose not to use my season ticket for the odd game why the hell should I not be entitled to sell that ticket, bought with my hard earned money, for whatever price I can get for it.

I'm realistic enough to know that, like any other (live) entertainment industry, I expect to get what I pay for, if I want to watch some of the best players in the world, I expect to pay accordingly, if you want to watch lesser quality then there's plenty of choice out there from championship to park football for free.

Paying top dollar for the best live entertainment is not something invented by Daniel Levy. Try buying a ticket for any major sporting or entertainment event, you'll see it's all relative.

And the shit about foreign owners is embarrassing, xenophobic and bordering on racist. This league is the most competitive in Europe, and that's largely because foreign owners have come in and chucked their money at their clubs.

I don't like all of them, particularly one of them, but then I don't think Joe Lewis making his billions from shorting the pound was a particularly earnest days work. And no foreigners have run their clubs any worse than English wankers like Ridsdsle.

Firstly - Shut up.
Secondly - please tell me what part of this statement is xenophobic and bordering on racist.
" we are selling the game to rich Arabs who don't know the first thing about football"
The term Arab is not a racist term, it's someone who speaks Arabic.. and yes, they do buy our clubs with their oil money and use that club as a toy.. The obscene amounts of money chucked about by these people is ruining the game. Not racist but plain and simple fact.

It really pains me to know that Spurs have this type of supporter. I suppose you think Abramovich and Chelsea are great for the game?

have you noticed that not ONE person has agreed with you and that is because the majority of Fans on here are proper decent fans who understand what football is about and you my friend, clearly don't.

Firstly - Shut up.
Secondly - please tell me what part of this statement is xenophobic and bordering on racist.
" we are selling the game to rich Arabs who don't know the first thing about football"
The term Arab is not a racist term, it's someone who speaks Arabic.. and yes, they do buy our clubs with their oil money and use that club as a toy.. The obscene amounts of money chucked about by these people is ruining the game. Not racist but plain and simple fact.

It really pains me to know that Spurs have this type of supporter. I suppose you think Abramovich and Chelsea are great for the game?

have you noticed that not ONE person has agreed with you and that is because the majority of Fans on here are proper decent fans who understand what football is about and you my friend, clearly don't.
Arabs buying clubs is old news, it's the Chinese that are doing all the buying recently...

Get on your bus mate and f*** off!

Think we all know a few people that just sit on season tickets. It really pisses me off particularly as I don't have one so I am often stuck at the whim of buying from others. Even worse that you can only get away tickets with a season ticket, had to pay fucking £85 for Everton.

Should be a cap on the amount of tickets you can sell off a ST per season.
Same here, £80 to sit in the home section. I just can't get away tickets and live in the North West, so these are mainly the games I can try to see.

And I'll take the unpopular assignment and defend SH for a minute. The fact is, there have been ticket touts as long as there have been tickets, across the world. A business like SH does at least ensure that only legitimate tickets are sold on, as opposed to the alternative of buyers buying fake tickets only to find the seller long gone by the time they go back.

Secondly, like it or not, English football is a global game now. And a very significant portion of our, and other clubs', revenue streams is due particularly to international fans. You might hate these "tourists" (as many on this forum have made clear), but for many of these supporters often times SH is the only way to procure a ticket for a match. Most international supporters don't have mates with a ST who might be out of town, or the local connections or knowledge of where to look for tickets. Even when tipped off on where to look, lots of tourists (read: foreigners often carrying lots of cash) are extremely reluctant to meet up with strangers around back of a pub.

For these fans, SH offers a safe, guaranteed, and often fair marketplace for tickets. Many times this may be these fans' only opportunity to ever watch Spurs. So while I despise profiteers, in reality SH isn't responsible for profiteers - they simply offer them a place to do business in exchange for a fee. Hate the cunt supporters selling on seats for a 500% up charge because it's the scum or chavs. But realize they'd be doing that with or without SH.
No need for stub hub Tottenham mearly have to set up their own resale market. All reasonable administration fees go to the club. No above face price pricing. It's simple. Jumping in bed with stub hub is deliberate but shameful choice by our club. Just no need for it.

No need for stub hub Tottenham mearly have to set up their own resale market. All reasonable administration fees go to the club. No above face price pricing. It's simple. Jumping in bed with stub hub is deliberate but shameful choice by our club. Just no need for it.
In other words, the old ticket exchange....

Back
Top Bottom