Stoke (Carling Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
What team are we expecting for this one then?

Sandro tweeted that he might be back.

Can see Livermore and maybe Falque getting some minutes.

Its a strange one, obviously with playing Sunday we wont put too many of the big guns out. Defo no Ledley.

Would be good to see Sandro back, i'm just not sure how strong a team either manager will put out......

OK so according to the official Spurs twitter, Sandro, Gallas, Gomes and Rafa amongst others will feature. Pretty strong then.

Wouldnt it be good if we could rotate Ledley and Gallas throughout the season with neither getting any serious injuries.

Dru said:
Wouldnt it be good if we could rotate Ledley and Gallas throughout the season with neither getting any serious injuries.
that would be awesome, Kaboul is like a different player alongside either of those 2. No offence to Dawson.

Thelonious Filth said:
Dru said:
that would be awesome, Kaboul is like a different player alongside either of those 2. No offence to Dawson.

I think this would be one of the biggest benefits to us right now, we need that stability. Although I think the Parker addition has given an exra element of protection too.

Think it will be full on rotation, except for maybe VDV.

Chance to play 4-2-3-1 again with Jake and Sandro sitting in midfield, VDV, GDS, Pav and one other in the front 4 players.
Crazy to think that's our second string.

Expect Stoke will rotate as well after their mauling on Sunday.

Is Gomes starting this one then? Once they are all back from injury we'll have an amazingly strong squad to rotate. Niko's been good fill in for lennon...I think better than lennon is at the moment!

lets see I reckon

------------Gomes
Charlie Gallas Bassong Townsend
-------Sandro Livermore
----Giovani VDV Kranjcar
-------------Pav

with the likes of Carroll, Fredricks and Kane on the bench

Seeing as Kranjcar came off on Sunday with a tight hamstring i cant see him be risked. The team will be a good mixure of youth and experience i think but what kind of mixture i dont know, i dont think we'll get more than an hour out of Gallas or Sandro, if i'm honest i cant see Sandro starting because of the kind of injury he had.
Gomes, VDV, Pav and Livermore will start i'm nearly certain. As for the rest i dont know

------------Gomes
Corluka Gallas Bassong Townsend
--------Sandro Livermore
Gio----------VdV-------------Falque
-------------Pav

Hope Woody plays, still got massive time for the fella

Saying that I do for Crouch and Wilson too. Would be nice for all three to get on the pitch against us.

-----------------Gomes
Charlie---Gallas---Bassong---Townsend
Gio-----Livermore---Sandro---Kranjcar
--------------------VDV
---------------------Pav

'the gibbon like delap, linking up with the ent like crouch'

Plagiarism? Yep. But the most accurate description of what for me is the partnership least likely to score against us.

Watched MOTD highlights and rested easy when 2MP did his usual trick of looking anything like a premiership footballer, that he wasn't still playing for us.

He played with heart when he was here, which is just as well, as he had little else to go on other than height.

tricky said:
'the gibbon like delap, linking up with the ent like crouch'

Plagiarism? Yep. But the most accurate description of what for me is the partnership least likely to score against us.

Watched MOTD highlights and rested easy when 2MP did his usual trick of looking anything like a premiership footballer, that he wasn't still playing for us.

He played with heart when he was here, which is just as well, as he had little else to go on other than height.

Adebayor has already shown us how a real "target man" can play up front, keep the ball and not give away fuckloads of fouls for "being too tall".

BUT crouchy will always have a soft spot in my heart for all the champ league goals he scored, including the one to get us there. I think overall he was a good player for us and I wish him all the best.

Gomes,Townsend,Gallas,Bassong,Corluka,Sandro,Livermore,Falque,VdV,Dos Santos,Pav,4-2-3-1,will be interesting to see Stoke's line up aswell,for me this is a great chance to get to Wembley this season.COYS

Back
Top Bottom