Steve Sedgley.......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eskimo

'you middle class out of touch cunt!'
He just popped up on my Facebook as someone I might know...

Runs a company called COYS Construction

http://www.coysconstruction.co.uk/construction/index.html

Good lad!

steve-sedgley.jpg

Loved sedge - loved his aggro with Roy Keane in the cup final, his kissing of the winners medal at the camera. A great character to have at the club shame we've got fuck all in the dressing room now.

Steve Sedgley Sales and Marketing
Steve is responsible for the general well being of Coys. As well as “spearheading” the marketing and sales at Coys Steve works in close liaison with all the Coys management team and site teams to ensure a smooth, well run operation and the best possible product for our client. We want your recommendation. He's also got an FA Cup Winners medal... whatchoo got?
Email: [email protected]

A mate who i use to go to spurs with from the late 80s until about 2006 went to school with him and Paul Moran.Albany(as it was called then) in Enfield.
Haha. Sedge was my arch enemy, it started out as a football rivalry. I was captain for Enfield Grammar he was captain for Albany. In those days he played centre forward and I was centre back. We beat them every year by at least 8 goals, but every year the games were more and more intense. Last game I remember playing against them it turned into world war three when Moran chucked a brick at our left back, it end up with me and Sedge taking lumps out of each other. The grudge carried on for a few years but ended following another fight in Epping Forrest Counrty club.

Bumped into him at The Lane last year, fist time I spoken to him in 20yrs, run out of conversation after 5 mins but still good to catch up with him.

I find it impossible to slag any of "our own" kids who come up through our academy, some might not be good enough but trust me they will run through brick walls for the club. Imagine how you would feel wearing our shirt and running out at WHL, they feel they same way. They are no different than us, may be a bit more money nowadays.

I saw Paul Moran score the winner at the baseball ground in 86 or 87. looked a decent prospect but turned out a bit shit
He was always shit but he genuinely believed he would make it as a professional, from age of 10 it's all he thought about. In the teams we played in over half the players were better than him. Amazing to think how many kids who could have been Messi but went on to be an Estate Agent.

Haha. Sedge was my arch enemy, it started out as a football rivalry. I was captain for Enfield Grammar he was captain for Albany. In those days he played centre forward and I was centre back. We beat them every year by at least 8 goals, but every year the games were more and more intense. Last game I remember playing against them it turned into world war three when Moran chucked a brick at our left back, it end up with me and Sedge taking lumps out of each other. The grudge carried on for a few years but ended following another fight in Epping Forrest Counrty club.

Bumped into him at The Lane last year, fist time I spoken to him in 20yrs, run out of conversation after 5 mins but still good to catch up with him.

I find it impossible to slag any of "our own" kids who come up through our academy, some might not be good enough but trust me they will run through brick walls for the club. Imagine how you would feel wearing our shirt and running out at WHL, they feel they same way. They are no different than us, may be a bit more money nowadays.
We use to play Enfield Grammar at Rugby(must have played you at football as well).You was always so better kiitted out than us.I remember whe were short one time we played you and i had to round up a few mates from the estate behind our school(John Warner in Hoddesdon).My mate Terry played in a pair of Loafers.Happy days.Needless to say you tonked us.Never any grief with you lot though,unlike loads we had with other schools.One of yours was a big black kid,hard as nails on the Rugby pitch ,complete gentleman off it.A man amongst boys :)

We use to play Enfield Grammar at Rugby(must have played you at football as well).You was always so better kiitted out than us.I remember whe were short one time we played you and i had to round up a few mates from the estate behind our school(John Warner in Hoddesdon).My mate Terry played in a pair of Loafers.Happy days.Needless to say you tonked us.Never any grief with you lot though,unlike loads we had with other schools.One of yours was a big black kid,hard as nails on the Rugby pitch ,complete gentleman off it.A man amongst boys :)
Wow. If we are talking the same years, which i think we are, you are referring to a Kid called Simon Williams. Bigger than most men at the age of 15. He went on to represent GB as a shot puter, he won a Gold medal for ENG in the 1990 Commonwealth Games (there is a clip on Youtube if your interested). He could also run 100m in 11 odd seconds! Small world.

Wow. If we are talking the same years, which i think we are, you are referring to a Kid called Simon Williams. Bigger than most men at the age of 15. He went on to represent GB as a shot puter, he won a Gold medal for ENG in the 1990 Commonwealth Games (there is a clip on Youtube if your interested). He could also run 100m in 11 odd seconds! Small world.
Well i was in the same year as Sedgley and Moran(different school,different Town) so i presume we are talking the same year My old spurs mate (who was at Albany with them) was the same year as me,thats how i know.Nice to put a name to the fella after all these years.Doesn't surprise me he went on to do well in Sport.he looked the type back then

Seem to remember a story about him losing a bet and having to run around the Spurs training ground wearing just a bucket on his head...

I hadn't realised that Sedge had been in our youth team before he went to Coventry or that he left us for more money by moving to Ipswich! Good honest player, and he still sports the scar under his eye when he got a boot in the face when we played the Arse. Good to see he still supports Spurs.

Would love to see some of that in our team. Mason and Bentaleb have a tendency but nothing beats a proper wind up merchant. If for some reason I end up watching a Chelsea game, I always try and keep an eye on what Costa is doing, he's great value when it comes to wind ups.

Would love to see some of that in our team. Mason and Bentaleb have a tendency but nothing beats a proper wind up merchant. If for some reason I end up watching a Chelsea game, I always try and keep an eye on what Costa is doing, he's great value when it comes to wind ups.
Bentaleb is very very good at winging players up. Little niggly fouls too.

Back
Top Bottom