Steve Perryman

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steve Perryman was captain when I first remember supporting spurs(I was born into a spurs household,so you get what I mean)in 71/72.
Was skipper when I first started going in 1976.Took me a long time getting used to someone else being our captain..Didn't seem right

Steve Perryman was captain when I first remember supporting spurs(I was born into a spurs household,so you get what I mean)in 71/72.
Was skipper when I first started going in 1976.Took me a long time getting used to someone else being our captain..Didn't seem right

...and to think there are kids today who will say the same about Ade or Kaboul... don't seem right either somehow!!
:adesalute::kaboul:

...and to think there are kids today who will say the same about Ade or Kaboul... don't seem right either somehow!!
:adesalute::kaboul:
assume you are being a bit sarky, as doubt that will be the case - Mabbsy and Ledley are about the only ones who come anywhere close, since Mr P wore the armband.

assume you are being a bit sarky, as doubt that will be the case - Mabbsy and Ledley are about the only ones who come anywhere close, since Mr P wore the armband.
You know me Mrs P...
Sarcastic.png

No, i'm all in agreement with you.
I was merely pointing out the ridiculousness of a token gesture situation whereby for one season only, Kaboul and Ade were our 'Captains'... a sham on the armbands that Stevie P, Mabbsey & Ledley wore with such distinction and pride...
I don't even wanna think what Danny Blanchflower or Dave Mackay would've made of it!!

These photos are terrific, I haven't seen a few of them before, so I'm really enjoying this photo-fest. Thank you all ....... and more, more, more please

Not sure that those training tops were so well coordinated back in those days. Hoddle looks like he had to wear his own jumper or something.
And as for Mike Varney, superstar physio...

Back
Top Bottom