Squad Ratings 2015/16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is there a rating for the Woolwich game when it hasn't even been played yet?

We must've won it if the ratings are so high. lol.
People can still submit results for the last game on the day of a new game. I just have to manually fix it so they're assigned to the correct game.Sorted now.

There is another way to look at the results. If each player was assigned a score that was their average rating for a match vs. the team average rating then you could compare them more fairly, especially if they play few matches.

For example, the average rating against Woolwich was 5.19 and Eriksen is currently averaging a 5.95.

5.95 is a bad score, but in the context of the team performance he's a +0.76 which is mildly positive. Next week he could have a bad match in a 2-0 win and score 6.5 because of 'win' bias. However, if his 6.5 was against a team average of 7.5 then he'd score -1.0.

Game 1: +0.76
Game 2: -1.0
Performance average: -0.12 (just below team average)

That would tell you over the course of a season how much a player was performing compared to their team mates, and not quite as prone to win/loss skew.

Sorry if I'm being a bulb but where do I see the ratings from the Woolwich game? (I've submitted my own)

Edit: Figured it out, sort of.

Last edited:
Yeah, by no means is the Woolwich game our worst performance of the season. I imagine a few were voting the likes of Carroll and Vorm at 2 and probably Fazio a 1 etc.

Shame we can't vote how we thought the team as a whole performed. I guess that's left for Pochettino, which is a loss situation really and sadly.

Fazio isn't on the players list. Although one more player is missing, but I can't tell who since I was pretty sure Fazio was the only player of the 24 (excluding Winks and Onomah) who had not yet started.

Besides Rose and Wimmer/Alli/Njie the rest were pretty terrible. That said, I only voted Poch at 2 and Fazio and Son at 3 I think.

I'm not really sure of the rules. If I had voted Poch at 1 would that have been deleted?

An all around fucking disgraceful management of the game by Poch. Fucked up from team selection to press conference.

Values not just ratings. Mason-Bentaleb-Ali-Kane-Dier. These players cost us no more than £10million by my reckoning, 3 being home grown. What is their combined value now? It's got to be upward of £80million.

Back
Top Bottom