Spurs want Bilbao trio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cups eh? We won a cup the season before Modric came. And he dictated out 2 highest scoring seasons? Funny because I remember him breaking his leg during one of them. Tell you what old chap: Post all prem goals of the season to prove your point. You won't, because if you watch goals scored, Modric is not involved on the buildup any more than anyone else. You will see a fuck ton of others players again and again...Modric...Not so much. Go on: Post the highest scoring season all goals compilation: Modders will hardly be involved and won't stand out more than anyone else.

This is funny: Because Defoes best streak happened WHEN MODRIC BROKE HIS LEG. So Defoe WAS top of the scoring charts during this time around December. Modric comes back...Guess what happens...Guess?
http://topnews.in/sports/defoe-vows-end-goal-drought-212757
Defoe goes on a goal drought.

So. Lets go through that again:

30 Aug 2009 Modric Breaks Leg:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ottenhams-Luka-Modric-suffers-broken-leg.html

Skip forward to the winter:
Football
Defoe can top scoring charts - Redknapp
http://www.givemesport.com/111373-defoe-can-top-scoring-charts-redknapp

That is a straight up lie. WITHOUT Modric he scored more at Charlton. And AFTER Modric he scored more with Sunderland.

True. And Keane was shit.

I didn't mention an Adebayor drought. You did. Putting words in my mouth. But hey...Why not show me the buildup to all of Ade;s goals that season? You will see Modric was not any more involved in them than any other player.

Again...Watch all of the buildup. He was not that involved in VDV's goals any more than anyone else. Crouch, Ade etc were way more involved.

Ramos has just won us a cup. He used Modric as our lynchpin. Result: Worst start in prem history.

The period of the 2009-2010 season that Modric was injured was from 20/09/09 and on 26/12/09 he returned full time to the side. During his injured period we played 14 games and accumulated 21 points for an average of 1.5 points gained per game.

For the 24 games he was healthy and available (he played 23 and was an unused sub once) we gained 49 points in 24. An average of 2.04 point per game.

So during the Champions League Season:
Modric healthy: 2.04 points per game.
Modric injured: 1.5 points per game.

You are just making things up. The only reason Defoe's stats look better while Modric was out was because the 9-1 game happened with Modric out. We might have scored 12 with Modric in.

Gareth Bale was a force of nature. But he wasnt a better footballer than Modric. Im not going to start an 'footballer' argument. Theres enough argument. Modric was spectacular though, if you play the game aswel as watch it I think its only then you comprehend how bloody good that fella was. I know there was bad taste in the manner of his leave but thats not the point. He was and is a footballing magician.

The period of the 2009-2010 season that Modric was injured was from 20/09/09 and on 26/12/09 he returned full time to the side. During his injured period we played 14 games and accumulated 21 points for an average of 1.5 points gained per game.

For the 24 games he was healthy and available (he played 23 and was an unused sub once) we gained 49 points in 24. An average of 2.04 point per game.

So during the Champions League Season:
Modric healthy: 2.04 points per game.
Modric injured: 1.5 points per game.

You are just making things up. The only reason Defoe's stats look better while Modric was out was because the 9-1 game happened with Modric out. We might have scored 12 with Modric in.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb.html

http://talksport.com/magazine/featu...-prove-spurs-wont-miss-overrated-rebel-177198

Untitled-1_31.jpg

Last edited:
Modric was pure class.

He didn't need to just come up with an assist for him to be regarded as the one who could 'unlock defences' to be seen as that sort of player.

He would, on countless times, play the 'assist assist', playing the ball into a very dangerous area, where the assist would come from. Think about it, he would play a superb ball wide in between the full back and centre back for a winger to get onto and cross in to another player who finished it.

THAT, is what he was so good at in my opinion, but people are right who said he hasn't directly assisted much, but he is a very very deep lying playmaker, not a david silva type player who lingers and thrives in that space between the two lines of defence and midfield.

So that is why he 'makes teams tick'. That, as well as being bloody good at keeping the ball!!

I'm sorry, what mate? You've been found out making stuff completely up and now you are sending me pointless links.

If your point is that Modric didn't win cups or the league well neither did Bale, VDV, Klinsmann, or Sheringham at Spurs. That doesn't make you a bad player.

EDIT: I see you've changed your post which was initially a link to a Wikipedia entry regarding what a cup was. Now I have a talksport link instead. I think the cup one was more informational. But once again, deep lying playmakers aren't judged by goals and assists. See: Xavi, Busquets, Pirlo, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, De Rossi, Verrati, Gundogan, Sahin, Carrick. The only player who even plays the same position on that table is Cabaye. Talksport clueless as per usual.

Last edited:
Im not even going to bother looking at the "ignored content"
it seems GIBBeriSh is spouting nonsense about Modric being shit again.
I swear this geezer has never seen a football match in his life.

Is there a context for the video? Not sure what you're getting at

The only context is him desperately grasping for straws as it has been proved all the other stuff he was saying was completely unfactual.

And this video shows only the three seconds before a goal which is exact the point of Elspur Elspur saying he plays the assist to the assist. When Modric is doing what he does best you would never seen him a situation like this video that just shows the goal. Clueless again.

That video shows him scoring and assisting though, I'm also quite sure that he's taking the corners that the goals come from?

Part of what modric used to do, however, was play the ball that turned defence into attack, so in the context of many goals he would be out of shot thanks to a 70 yard pass.

And this video shows only the three seconds before a goal which is exact the point of Elspur Elspur saying he plays the assist to the assist. When Modric is doing what he does best you would never seen him a situation like this video that just shows the goal. Clueless again.

Last edited:
Let's all block this guy and let him talk to himself. He's derailing far too many threads because we stupidly take his bait. Adios Gibbs.

Ya know what folks? This is way too off topic, stop fucking talking about Modric. This is about a shit unbelievable rumour that Levy wants to lick some Basque butt.

Which, considering the comments of our current manager (I trust we are assuming any transfer targets will be agreed by the manager?) about signing Prem proven, preferably English players, I find this rumour to be a strange one.

Back
Top Bottom