Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Sandro, no Pritchard, and Berahino seems about a future Spur as Damiao. A good think we had Coulthirst to watch (and Samuelsen, as I am Norwegian and he looks a very exciting prospect for our national team).

Watched the game up until the Peterborough goal. You often see lower league teams beat PL teams in the cups, but I can't remember having seen lower league teams dominate a game to the extent that Peterborough did.

Watched the FA match also. Peterborough deserved better, thought they out played WBA. Very impressed with Samuelsen. Foot skills and field awareness were top shelf, for a lad who looks 14.
Not Impressed with Berahino, point blank header should have netted.

Last edited:
If Spurs and Gooners win, we are two points from the top of the table. Do we support them Saturday or hope Leicester win, putting more room between us and third place?

If Spurs and Gooners win, we are two points from the top of the table. Do we support them Saturday or hope Leicester win, putting more room between us and third place?
I don't want Woolwich to win, but I want us to get closer to the top if we can. Their game to be full of injuries and red cards and all that cal for a scrappy 1-0 Leicester loss, more injuries for Woolwich and suddenly claims for Woolwich for the title and Leicester hanging on, devloping us to be even more obscure and ready to keep our heads down and stun them all and go for glory. GLORY LADS, GLORY.

It's crunch time. Every day is crunch time. It's our time, been our time. Severe weather warning as a hurricane is coming through, carrying three trophies. Lads, it's Tottenham. We're Tottenham. We're redefining that this season.

Shocking, but I thought Keown had a point when he said you usually want games coming thick and fast during a run-in. The worst thing psychologically is to have a huge wait between each game because it intensifies pressure.

Having said that, I think rotation will be absolutely key to how we finish the season. Kane and Dembele should not start any FA cup and Europa League games unless we reach the last 4 in each competetion.
I feel there will be lots of changes in the FAC but not in Europe.Iits important to keep everyone fit so I guess rotation will happen.

I don't want Woolwich to win, but I want us to get closer to the top if we can. Their game to be full of injuries and red cards and all that cal for a scrappy 1-0 Leicester loss, more injuries for Woolwich and suddenly claims for Woolwich for the title and Leicester hanging on, devloping us to be even more obscure and ready to keep our heads down and stun them all and go for glory. GLORY LADS, GLORY.

It's crunch time. Every day is crunch time. It's our time, been our time. Severe weather warning as a hurricane is coming through, carrying three trophies. Lads, it's Tottenham. We're Tottenham. We're redefining that this season.
Lets see where we are after City?

That was for City actually. Not saying we'll win, but a little observance of what might happen between 1st v 3rd this weekend
Lets hope. The City game is winnable although I cant see them losing two on the trot at home where they have
one of the best home records. saying that, we have one of the best away. A draw in both games for me as they are so important to all for teams.

I can see Aguero exploiting Wimmer for a goal, or possibly earning a pen. But we couldn't ask for a better situation with Debruyne and Silva out. We struggle most against teams that are patient and sit back but no way City is going to play that way. I'm expecting an open game that plays right into our hands, with us coming out a couple of goals on top. City is working through some morale issues so an early goal would serve us well. If we're to be beaten it will have to be by Hart.

Fuck Morrissey.
Fuck Oasis.
Fuck Stone Roses.
Fuck The Chemical Brothers.
Fuck Davy Jones.
Fuck Manchester City.

Guy in my office is a City fan. Never really cared about them that much (other than the money side of things), but this guy has managed to make me fucking loathe this team.
I suppose I can less this slide this week but if you would have said "Fuck Johnny Marr" you would have crossed the line.
:llorisunsure:

Just to digress a moment, but Is anyone else getting mildly aroused at the thought of the NLD already? By that game the story will be unfolding nicely & we will still be a determining factor in where the title is heading. Trying not to get too carried away, but it's hard not to.

By 5th March I will be a walking erection.

Lets hope. The City game is winnable although I cant see them losing two on the trot at home where they have
one of the best home records. saying that, we have one of the best away. A draw in both games for me as they are so important to all for teams.
I don't know. I'm afraid to jinx us, but I am quietly confident. Remember those couple times when we said: "The oppo can't lose that many at once. They'll bounce back" and we end up winning? Our mentality is shifted. I don't think the team is thinking about stuff like that anymore. They have quiet confidence and I guess I do too.

#Believe

giphy.gif

For me, he always finds the pass and keeps the ball moving but there is no end product on tonights showing.

He's scored a couple of goals for Peterborough, including one 'wonder goal'. And according to himself he scored 1450 goals for his boyhood club that he left when he was 14, so I guess he knows where to find the net.

A shame he's West Ham, although we can find comfort in the fact that if he keeps playing as well as yesterday he won't be for long.

Back
Top Bottom