Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jimmyriggle

Blatant
Not made a match thread in ages so i'm going balls out for the big one.

Last time we went to the Etihad in a similar league position this happened:

BalotelliParker.gif

LescottKaboul.gif

Kyle Walker is the only current player that was involved on that day. A remarkable squad turnaround in just 4 years and 2.5 managers later.

Who knows what that team may have achieved if Defoe had got to the ball just a split second faster.

The difference these days is that, even if a similar outcome occurred next Sunday, I trust this current side to dust it off immediately and fight on.

Spurs seem to be improving every week. City will be hurting from the loss to Leicester but don't seem to have the hunger or team spirit to turn it around. City looked vulnerable to pace which sadly i think we still lack in the final third. Their defending is generally terrible though without Kompany. And how fit can he really be even if he does come back?

The key will be how Dier and Dembele deal with Silva and cut the supply to Aguero. Wimmer will certainly have his toughest day yet in a Spurs shirt.

Will be a fascinating game but I'm going for 2-1 Spurs win.

Believe!!!!

_47785559_009231639-1.jpg

I was just about to make a match thread, but fair play, nice thread.

This is a massive game, but can see it being overshadowed by Woolwich vs Leicester which could be a good thing.

City will be hurting from the Leicester loss and looking for a reply. We are full of confidence and are the most inform premier league team. I'm sure city would of chose anyone but us to play next if they had a choice.

De Bruyne is a huge miss for them, they aren't ticking without him. Nevertheless, Aguero is still performing well and you can never tell which Toure will turn up.

If we go there and play our game.. Press the ball, close everything down and use the ball like we have all season then we have every chance. Also, Alli being 100% fit is a massive plus.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Trippier was incredible yesterday, but Walkers pace will be vital. Son is a great impact player to bring on, as is Chadli.

Never one to predict a score!

I've been to many iconic away games but I missed this one and still regret it today.. The scenes from our fans when that Crouch goal went in were unbelievable. This was such a big game I bottled it as I was so nervous.. It still haunts me,

It was a fantastic experience

I went full on garity with joy

Yeah I bet.. I speak to people who went and thy say the same.. I've had some great ones, Woolwich 2-3 away, West Ham 3-4, Bales last minute screamer against West Ham, first game of last season etc but missing this one still bothers me.
I've been looking for a clip of the Spurs fans going mental but can't find one.

I always wonder what will happen to these oil-rich teams when the oil eventually dries up. Will they become too big to fail like United or will they cop a Leeds.

Biggest game of the season for us (again), and for once I'm not nervous that we're gonna get turned over.

With the cuntz playing Leicester, this could be an opportunity for us to really close the gap or pull away from the teams behind us. Our fans will be so important for this one. They're like a twelfth man when we play away from home.

I think we'll squeak it by a single goal.

If Mancini - oh wait, wrong, that was their last manager who got replaced when he wasn't good enough - I mean Pelegrini - is able to motivate his team to care, and I'm not sure he can, then I could see this being a low scoring draw. Otherwise I see us smashing them for the second time this season.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Alli - Eriksen
Kane
Has to be this line up for me. Walker misses out due to the fact that Trippier shouldn't be dropped after his latest performance, even for rotation, he's more than capable to keep line in that back four as well as cause problems going forward. Every one else picks themselves.

A big game yes but there will be bigger ones to come including home to the Scum on 5th March. I will be more than happy with a draw and a win would exceed my expectations but only a win will do on 5th March.

Have no fear. I'm pretty sure in 4 years of being on here spurs have lost one game when I've done the thread.
One time I even got the score bang on.

You're in safe hands
The title of the thread was funny. :levylol:
The videos however were painful reminders of that day. Got my goat going again thats for sure. :bentalebscream: The size and fitness of the team is the best I've seen at Tottenham for 25yrs. :pochsmirk:I do believe though that with this team we wont be tolerating any of that BS again. :walker:Young men have big egos. I can envisage a brawl should it get dirty this time. Man shitty are falling apart so I expect them to be frustrated very quickly due to not seeing much of the ball.
Its a win for me. I think like the Leicester score. Its going to be 3-0/1 win to the Lads.:pochlol:

I don't think there's a font setting large enough to convey just how BIG this game is... no pressure Lads!
:allitongue::carrollwtf::chadliblow::dembelewtf::eriksenserious::kaneshh::levystare::llorisserious::pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom