Spurs video - must see

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take the time to sit and watch this new stunning video on our great club. If you don't feel any sort of emotion or goosebumps after watching this then you are not a Spurs fan. I want our Spurs back!!!

Thanks. That was epic and gave me the feeling I mentioned in a post yesterday.
Thats Tottenham Hotspur to me.

Sammy, As im born in 1985 I can only relate properly to the later stuff and the Harry Redknapp CL era gives me goosebumps everytime. Obviously the earlier stuff is stunning and reminds me a lot of my grandad who used to tell me everything about the old Spurs 60s double winning side. This is Spurs for me and that video is Spurs

Sammy, As im born in 1985 I can only relate properly to the later stuff and the Harry Redknapp CL era gives me goosebumps everytime. Obviously the earlier stuff is stunning and reminds me a lot of my grandad who used to tell me everything about the old Spurs 60s double winning side. This is Spurs for me and that video is Spurs

Im born 76, and my first memories were begging my older brother to take me with my cousin and his mates..I remember looking at his Spurs kit and how shiney white it was when I was a little kid.
Didnt get to go until I was 11 or 12 though.....Paul Walsh, Gazza and Lineker era.

Love this club so much...I think thats why it hurts to barely recognise it or feel a sense of belief and pride in the team. As you say, last time was under Harry.

Even under Jol, it was epic being a Yid.....atmosphere, hope, improvement, players you loved. Players with character...

Now its just dossiers and twitter

Last edited:
Even under Jol, it was epic being a Yid.....atmosphere, hope, improvement, players you loved. Players with character...

Now its just dossiers and twitter

Jol was the best time as it was the era just after a disastrous 8 years, nobody in the ground then was plastic or there for fun so when the 5th place finishes came along it felt like we had won the league, the barca shirts, the beach balls. Its the total opposite now where just because we have had that one season, like Everton did, anything below seems failure.

Its the old adage of leaving the ground after clawing back from 2 down a 2-2 draw compared to being 2 up. Everyone leaves feeling totally different with same result.

Will watch later Don Corleone Don Corleone thanks

Jol was the best time as it was the era just after a disastrous 8 years, nobody in the ground then was plastic or there for fun so when the 5th place finishes came along it felt like we had won the league, the barca shirts, the beach balls. Its the total opposite now where just because we have had that one season, like Everton did, anything below seems failure.

Its the old adage of leaving the ground after clawing back from 2 down a 2-2 draw compared to being 2 up. Everyone leaves feeling totally different with same result.

Will watch later Don Corleone Don Corleone thanks

I honestly believe if we managed to keep a player for more than two years, and played some good football more often the atmosphere would be fine.

I dont think its simply because of the CL.

People recognise the club in that video. I barely know the team to be honest. Most of them have been here for five minutes.

Rose and Walker, the only players who got 4th with us. None from our last trophy.

I honestly believe if we managed to keep a player for more than two years, and played some good football more often the atmosphere would be fine.

I dont think its simply because of the CL.

People recognise the club in that video. I barely know the team to be honest. Most of them have been here for five minutes.

Rose and Walker, the only players who got 4th with us. None from our last trophy.

I know, the team keeps changing, i am hoping some of these kids stay around so we do get to know them, desperately missing some experience alongside them though, it seems even with loads out the door poch has 18 players and 6 of them are still duds, we have 2 weeks to buy in some quality or the season is over. I am right with you with performances, what gets people up out their seats now apart from a goal?

To be honest ever since seeing Man U over here in summer I am quickly losing patience with football, the whole thing just money now, when we have 5th or 6th to play for until a stadium gets built, I am struggling to get up for that, really struggling. You would have thought with billions on the table football would get some solid people in charge but no its still run by idiots from top to bottom

To be honest ever since seeing Man U over here in summer I am quickly losing patience with football, the whole thing just money now, when we have 5th or 6th to play for until a stadium gets built, I am struggling to get up for that, really struggling. You would have thought with billions on the table football would get some solid people in charge but no its still run by idiots from top to bottom
I can only assume your geographical location is not helping matters. Personally, no matter my feelings on world football, who runs it, the money, the owners, the chairmen etc etc, I simply cannot NOT be up for Spurs every week. It's literally impossible not to look forward to us playing each game. I can only assume not being around people constantly talking about it makes it difficult to keep in touch and therefore makes it easier to lose interest?

Out of interest, do they televise much Bundesliga in The States? I find that to be the most enjoyable league to watch. Not awash with money, the fans are second to none, and teams are littered with young talent, seasoned pros and loyal clubmen. Avoid Bayern Munich and you're in for a treat.

In fact BT Sport have been showing 2.Bundesliga this season and to be honest that is just as interesting to watch. Anyone can beat anyone, the pitches are still great quality, as is much of the play, fans loud and stadiums packed to the rafters.

I know some people on here are more Spurs fans than general football fans, but if you're happy to give anything a go, I'd recommend it.

I can only assume your geographical location is not helping matters. Personally, no matter my feelings on world football, who runs it, the money, the owners, the chairmen etc etc, I simply cannot NOT be up for Spurs every week. It's literally impossible not to look forward to us playing each game. I can only assume not being around people constantly talking about it makes it difficult to keep in touch and therefore makes it easier to lose interest?

Out of interest, do they televise much Bundesliga in The States? I find that to be the most enjoyable league to watch. Not awash with money, the fans are second to none, and teams are littered with young talent, seasoned pros and loyal clubmen. Avoid Bayern Munich and you're in for a treat.

In fact BT Sport have been showing 2.Bundesliga this season and to be honest that is just as interesting to watch. Anyone can beat anyone, the pitches are still great quality, as is much of the play, fans loud and stadiums packed to the rafters.

I know some people on here are more Spurs fans than general football fans, but if you're happy to give anything a go, I'd recommend it.

Trust me I love Tottenham, I always will, I was there when Iversen Scored against Wimbledon, I was there when Rose scored against Woolwich, was behind the goal when Bale scored against West Ham, Ive paid my dues. I did 3 home games last season, 8,000 mile round trip for each and I don't recognise the lane so much any more. Full of foreigners and selfie sticks, alot of the old school just moan, Park lane is still pretty good

Yes moving here has not helped and I really only have time to watch Spurs and match of the day, would love to have time to watch some Bundesliga too. I have just been scarred recently as I miss not knowing where we will finish, I hate the modern footballer and agent, using links to other clubs to get better deals, what is going on?!

The cricket didnt help either, seeing how passionate they are, coming back from adversity, to be launched into a new football season, full of cunts all over the place

I love business and finance so have always been impressed with Levy and defended him but this window is unforgivable really, points dropped already you know will haunt us in May, its frustrating when your team is "waiting for a stadium" I mean imagine that 15-20 years ago, the money aspect is draining me

Don Corleone Don Corleone great post, and very timely. The first half of the video came with such a feeling of being born in the wrong era. Winning the double, cult players; Perryman, Blanchflower, Villa, McKay, European success....but then there was also reminders of recent cup finals, wins over our most hated rivals, Champions League nights.

I think as much as we all go through the emotions of wanting success here and now, if we are patient then our great times will come again. Without trying to come across all 1882 I don't ever want us to do a Man City, I would be genuinely scared I wouldn't have the same utter buzz of my club doing well knowing some sheikh in Saudi Arabia was the sole reason.

I've spent week after week getting fucked off to the core on the Transfer thread, and as much as it provides some cracking entertainment, it's also a bleak side-forum for cunt off's and ITK pricks gaining PR from either stating the total fucking obvious or coming out with utter bullshit with zero basis designed to get re-tweets and follows.

We all support such a great football club, we should all remember that on here. We can only hope and look forward to what the next generation will gush over from the next 20-30 years.

I love you Tottenham:adebaehug:

Martin Jol is a Yid. I was watching some Gillette special and they cornered Jol with a history quiz on Tottenham. They asked him some questions that went back over 50 years. He got 10 out of 10 right. First time ever on the show. I still remember his face when we found out before he did that he was sacked at half time. His face was heartbroken. Stupid decision.

that was simply beautiful, thank you. Obviously have seen most of the footage before but lovely to just get totally immersed in the memories that it invoked. Being a Spurs supporter is like being on the highest and longest roller coaster ever built, and if you haven't got the stomach to cope with the ups and down that comes with supporting this great club, then don't get on the ride.:coys:

Loved that. I think as a younger fan I've been both lucky and unlucky. I missed all the glory of the 70/80s but also missed the relative shit of the 90s. I've been a regular for the last 10 years I would say and it has been a very consistent period with a lot more highs than lows.

One of the first seasons I remember results from I'm pretty sure we won just one away game in an entire season or something daft and came in the bottom half. This is unthinkable now and it should be that way for a club like us. Some great memories in that video alone, mainly for me personally in the last chapter and hopefully many more to come.

Back
Top Bottom