Spurs U21 vs Reading (@ Stevenage, 2pm, Sunday 27/04)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flav mentioned this on the pod. Next Sunday, 2pm kick off and Stevenage's ground. £5, you can pay on the door.

Only 20 minutes out of Kings Cross to Stevenage station, it may be the last 1882 match for 4/5 months, and it's on a Sunday with no first team game, so no excuses not to go!

Anyone fancy getting there about midday and heading into some kind of drinking establishment?

Trains out of Kings X are only once an hour it seems, so might want to check before so you don't have a 59 minute wait. Spursy.

I may be wrong, and the fact its a sunday may change things, but I'm quite sure theres more than one an hour at that time. I used to do this journey a lot, even at night there was one around every half hour.

I may be wrong, and the fact its a sunday may change things, but I'm quite sure theres more than one an hour at that time. I used to do this journey a lot, even at night there was one around every half hour.
I'm looking on trainline, and it appears to be very erratic!

9:53
10:53
11:12
12:53
13:03
13:06 (takes double the time)
13:23 (would be very tight to make the start)

Don't just miss the 11:12 :adelol:

Annoyingly, the massive 100 minute gap is slap bang when I planned to get a train. Either got to get there earlier than planned, or much later. Will probably end up getting the 10:53 if a few others come to the pub before too.

I'm looking on trainline, and it appears to be very erratic!

9:53
10:53
11:12
12:53
13:03
13:06 (takes double the time)
13:23 (would be very tight to make the start)

Don't just miss the 11:12 :adelol:

Annoyingly, the massive 100 minute gap is slap bang when I planned to get a train. Either got to get there earlier than planned, or much later. Will probably end up getting the 10:53 if a few others come to the pub before too.
That is so weird!
Also the train goes from Finsbury park as well, may be a lot easier for some people as long as they don't mind walking past the dirty gooner shop.
If i remember correctly, its a bit of a walk to the stadium and theres absolutely fuck all around it.

That is so weird!
Also the train goes from Finsbury park as well, may be a lot easier for some people as long as they don't mind walking past the dirty gooner shop.
If i remember correctly, its a bit of a walk to the stadium and theres absolutely fuck all around it.
I reckon we should find a pub near the station, then head over at about 1:30.

I reckon we should find a pub near the station, then head over at about 1:30.
Theres a big industrial estate type ish thing next to the station, which MAY have a pub in or near... Then you're looking at at least a 20 minute walk to the stadium.
Someone a bit more local will know more but I'm sure Stevenage is shit for pubs, I'm going to look into it now.

"There is a large Club House bar at the ground, behind the South Stand, which is popular with both home and away fans alike. However, for some high profile games, the bar will be open to home fans only, but this is only for a small minority of games. On my last visit, even though the bar was busy, I was served relatively quickly and it was a friendly atmosphere.

Otherwise there is not much in the way of pubs near to the ground. Still if you like your real ale then it is worth taking the 15 minute walk to the 'Our Mutual Friend' pub in Broadwater Crescent. This pub which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide offers seven beers on hand pump, plus real cider and perry. If you have time on your hands then you can take the 15-20 minute walk into the town centre, where there are plenty of pubs to be found including a Wetherspoons outlet (called the Standard Bearer, which is located near to the Bus Station)."

Theres a big industrial estate type ish thing next to the station, which MAY have a pub in or near... Then you're looking at at least a 20 minute walk to the stadium.
Someone a bit more local will know more but I'm sure Stevenage is shit for pubs, I'm going to look into it now.
There is a Wetherspoons right by the station (called the Standard Bearer). Surely going to be our best bet.

There are three pubs within 5 mins walking of the Lamex.
The Roebuck and The Forge are on the London Road next to Tesco.
The Mutual Friend is on the corner of Broadhall Way and Broadwater Crescent.
There are a couple of pubs in the Town Centre near the Train Station, but these are a good 15 - 20 min walk to the Lamex. There is another pub called the Twin Foxes in Rockingham Way which is about a 10 min walk to the ground, out of all of them I would say the Mutual Friend and the Twins would be the best bet, the Forge will be rammed with Sunday lunchers, the Roebuck is quite an old pub and a bit pokey inside, although saying that, they both have decent garden areas if the weathers alright.

There are three pubs within 5 mins walking of the Lamex.
The Roebuck and The Forge are on the London Road next to Tesco.
The Mutual Friend is on the corner of Broadhall Way and Broadwater Crescent.
There are a couple of pubs in the Town Centre near the Train Station, but these are a good 15 - 20 min walk to the Lamex. There is another pub called the Twin Foxes in Rockingham Way which is about a 10 min walk to the ground, out of all of them I would say the Mutual Friend and the Twins would be the best bet, the Forge will be rammed with Sunday lunchers, the Roebuck is quite an old pub and a bit pokey inside, although saying that, they both have decent garden areas if the weathers alright.
Thanks!

The thing is, most people will be coming by train, so will be in the town centre anyway, so a pub round there would be ok. You coming along?

Thanks!

The thing is, most people will be coming by train, so will be in the town centre anyway, so a pub round there would be ok. You coming along?
Up until yesterday I was all set along with a few other locals but my boy is playing in a hastily arranged five a side comp followed by an Easter egg hunt (Whoo Hooo).
:paulinhofacepalm:

Thanks!

I think someone has already mentioned that the Boro clubhouse/social could be an option, not sure on admittance rules though, but it is a decent place and you have the added bonus of falling out of the Bar into the ground, I could find out how it stands regarding support if you like. I shouldn't think it would be a problem for an U21 game, especially as it's technically a home game for us.

Thanks!

turn left & walk across the bridge & down the slope when u come out of the station into the town center..
look right when you pass the bingo hall & the big weatherspoons is on the other side of the bus terminus.
ground is a 10 mins stroll away.
if you contact Stevenage fc & tell them your coming sure they'll get the bar & function suite at the back of the away end ready
we used to play out reserve games there!!.. (first time I saw lennon & immediately I saw him I thought he was the mascot & thought someones' taking the piss!:disdain:.. 2 mins in he scored!! :roflmao::roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom