Spurs to play in Sydney??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

50k tickets sold already - even though there's another 7 weeks til game time. Teams to play for the AIA trophy. Game to be televised live on free to air for a TV audience of 1 million in Australia and more overseas. Great exposure for the club with lots of talk locally about Harry Kane.

The media are getting more excited about it that I anticipated. There was a segment on a popular breakfast news program here this morning about the game, where the news ticker said "Sydney FC versus Tottenham Spurs". Reminded me of Ted Lasso ffs!

There was also an interview with a Sydney player and while he was talking there was a montage of Spurs goals which included Bale's outside of the foot shot one against the Arse in his final season, and oddly Soldado's pen on debut v Crystal Palace. Went full weird when they cut away to a picture of Jose Mourinho celebrating something. Any way, any exposure is good exposure.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT - COYS!
That's a fantastic response for a friendly. Seems like there's a real appetite to see Spurs/Prem teams in Oz.
Well done to all the Spurs fans for making it such an event over there:thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to seeing the game (from afar).

The global spread of 'soccer' (I assume you call it that in Oz) continues apace. :coys:

That's a fantastic response for a friendly. Seems like there's a real appetite to see Spurs/Prem teams in Oz.
Well done to all the Spurs fans for making it such an event over there:thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to seeing the game (from afar).

The global spread of 'soccer' (I assume you call it that in Oz) continues apace. :coys:

The crowd is likely to grow bigger - the stadium seats 83k!

We're meant to be playing on that pitch in about 6 weeks

CCXmWTpUwAAuue7.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if mentioned before but this game is on BT Sport 1 for us in the UK
SAT 30 MAY - 10:30am Tottenham Hotspur v Sydney FC

Also live;
WED 27 MAY - 1:45pm Tottenham Hotspur v Malaysia XI

Football Fans DownUnder Awards last night (Sydney Friday Nite) - Ozspurs WON the major award of the night.
Winners of the Supporters Club of Australia.

It was a big nite - the Ozspurs boys were making all the noise.

Back
Top Bottom