Spurs Show

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are they back this year?
Listening to the season's first podcast now. It's not really bringing up all that much that hasn't been covered to death here on the forum, but there is a moment when they talk about stubhub, and it's clear that they don't really know what they're on about. Dan Louw tries to explain that it'll eventually become market corrected (he uses it a lot in the States) so the gouging won't continue, but then Mike explains that even selling the ticket for face value nets a loss for the ticket holder--something you all explained very well.

I imagine that Spurs demand is high enough that tickets will never go for below face (which does happen in the US), so season ticket holders will always have to overcharge just to maintain their investment. Otherwise they might as well do the old "meet up at a pub and pass over the card" trick, cutting stubhub out of the picture.

Dan Louw tries to explain that it'll eventually become market corrected (he uses it a lot in the States) so the gouging won't continue, but then Mike explains that even selling the ticket for face value nets a loss for the ticket holder--something you all explained very well.

I wonder how much per-ticket does Spurs get for resale. Even though tickets at WHL are already expensive relative to the PL it's certainly not the market price (as StubHub can prove resales go way above face value). The club actually raising ticket prices will anger a lot of fans and rip off loyal supporters, hence if we can get a bit of money off StubHub so that club's revenue is closer to what market ticket price would be I don't think it's too bad of a business idea. It's price discrimination: if you really want to come and have enough money, then pay up.

Of course in the end passionate fans lose out and the "fairness" becomes whoever have the most money is invited to the Lane, but that's the gist of business nowadays.

Pretty good pod this week, David Lammy was surprisingly good and a nice bit of manager insight from the guy Sherwood invited to manage for 5 minutes, particularly about AVB.

Just listened to it myself, does Norman Jay follow us through tabloid reports, very strange take on what's happening at the club for someone who's been going to games for x amount of years.

Just listened to it myself, does Norman Jay follow us through tabloid reports, very strange take on what's happening at the club for someone who's been going to games for x amount of years.

Yeah didn't he say Redknapp was sacked? What really happened was that Harry demanded a new contract and Levy said no.

The Spurs Show is miles better when Theo Delaney or Mike Leigh host it. I do like Phil Cornwell but he tends to interrupt the guests and most of his impressions get a bit tiresome.

I agree that David Lammy was good value on the last one.

Has Phil Cornwell stopped doing it now? If so it might be worth listening to!

Last episode was actually very decent, had given up on it some time back!

The Spurs Show is miles better when Theo Delaney or Mike Leigh host it. I do like Phil Cornwell but he tends to interrupt the guests and most of his impressions get a bit tiresome.

I agree that David Lammy was good value on the last one.

Tiresome is one word for it. Someone needs to take him to one side and have a word.

I like it too when Delaney or Leigh does it, they usually have a few good guests. Cornwell is overdoing his impressions, too much...

Best Spurs podcast ever was Ginola on Oh When The Spurs. He was excellent value and properly funny.

Sorry, Fighting Cock crew - yours is great too but this one was exceptional.

I think it's certainly got better. One of the things that was frustrating me about it earlier in the season was the continual moaning. There was negativity throughout the entire cast and it wasn't pleasant listening. In particular there was some old fellow on there, whose name I don't know (wasn't Cornwell) who just wouldn't shut up. Typical 50+ type fan who thought his years of fandom made him the expert on everything Spurs. These recent editions have been a breath of fresh air in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom