Spurs match day vlogger

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get a bit confused by the PC bandwagon. This may be contentious, but you'll have to bear with me...

Yes, no one should make fun out of disabled people - HOWEVER - we're supposed to be treating disabled people as equals, not just people with difficulties, are we not?

So, when someone who may not actually be disabled (people are just judging that on his speech/appearance) actively goes out in the public domain and makes himself known to be not quite normal, why then does it become a exclusion zone?

I'm not sure there's such thing as a weird person who isn't somehow suffering from a mental condition, be it your autisms or downs syndrome, or any other social inadequacies. Surely most Woolwich fans you see on AFTV are all not quite 'normal'.

Is it not the difference between being sought out, and bringing attention to yourself - that's even based on the assumption that he isn't just an eccentric.
It's not about treating disabled people as equals - it's about treating them in such a way as to put them on an equal footing with able-bodied people and allow them to live normal lives, despite their disabilities. Otherwise, treating disabled people equally to able-bodied people would mean no wheelchair ramps, lifts, etc. Able-bodied people can use stairs, so why not treat people in wheelchairs equally and make them use stairs too?

For people with disabilities such as Down's syndrome, the equivalent of wheelchair ramps would be cutting them a bit of a slack with any behaviour that would normally be seen as unusual/weird. Taking the piss out of someone in this situation is going to make them think again the next time they consider stepping out of the house and trying to do something normal like going to a football match.

Last edited:
For people with disabilities such as Down's syndrome, the equivalent of wheelchair ramps would be cutting them a bit of a slack with any behaviour that would normally be seen as unusual/weird. Taking the piss out of someone in this situation is going to make them think again the next they consider stepping out of the house and trying to do something normal like going to a football match.

Here's an example:

If there was a lad with Down's Syndrome who lived on my street, say he liked Superman.

If he dressed up as Superman, I'd be tempted to think "Aw, there's that lad who likes Superman".

If he filmed himself pretending to be Superman, and broadcast it on YouTube, I'd say "That Superman lad needs to have a word with himself".

In context, even if that lad has disabilities, which I doubt, he's not doing something normal - he's filming himself doing something normal, and then putting it on the internet for everyone to see.

This is actually a decent video...his delivery is dodgy but you can't say he doesn't know his stuff...

Be honest, did you last the entire 12mins & 25 secs??

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he does know his stuff... but why do people feel the need to upload that 'stuff' online, setting yourself up for abuse from total strangers (which he clearly doesn't warrant, but no doubt he'll get) ...rather than just talk to his mates about what he knows and see what they think... aaaaahhhh, see where I'm missing the crucial point; MATES!

Be honest, did you last the entire 12mins & 25 secs??

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he does know his stuff... but why do people feel the need to upload that 'stuff' online, setting yourself up for abuse from total strangers (which he clearly doesn't warrant, but no doubt he'll get) ...rather than just talk to his mates about what he knows and see what they think... aaaaahhhh, see where I'm missing the crucial point; MATES!
Very little differences than going on this forum talking to complete strangers every single day, no?

For people with disabilities such as Down's syndrome, the equivalent of wheelchair ramps would be cutting them a bit of a slack with any behaviour that would normally be seen as unusual/weird. Taking the piss out of someone in this situation is going to make them think again the next they consider stepping out of the house and trying to do something normal like going to a football match.

You do realise this guy doesn't have Downs, don't you?
this is Downs;
man-with-down-syndrome-007.jpg

this is 'our' guy;

He may be many different things, but the dude ain't Downs!

Very little differences than going on this forum talking to complete strangers every single day, no?

The difference is, we're not currently AT a live event (Sporting or otherwise)
Yes, we're 'discussing' a live event, (in this case, a football match) but crucially, it's after the event, that's what most forums do...
The difference is, people who film themselves at a live event aren't experiencing that Live event in the normal way, by virtue of the fact they're simply 'observing' it through a camera phone... not 'living it'.

Online forums are just that. A place/forum to come and discuss, talk about, agree/disagree with other people about various topics. A live football match that some have been to being one of them. We're using the Forum for what it is intended for.

'Talking' to each other, even 'online' is one thing... if I were to film each conversation and upload it on YouTube so that everyone can see it, surely that's very different?

I dunno, maybe it's the same... at least we don't need a selfie stick to conduct this conversation!!

You do realise this guy doesn't have Downs, don't you?
this is Downs;
man-with-down-syndrome-007.jpg

this is 'our' guy;

He may be many different things, but the dude ain't Downs!

Indeed - wasn't talking about him in particular, more about people with mental disabilities/learning difficulties in general

Point is, I think he's got Down's Syndrome so I don't think he's the one people should be digging out for filming themselves. If I had a Down's son I'd love him to be a passionate yid like this lad.

This was first posted on Twatter by a Chelsea nazi cunt, yeah it's fucking big of him to take the piss out of someone with a learning disability, scroll down the page and you'll see the predictable comments about jews too.

Damnit.. couldn't help but get annoyed and call that cunt out on twitter

The difference is, we're not currently AT a live event (Sporting or otherwise)
Yes, we're 'discussing' a live event, (in this case, a football match) but crucially, it's after the event, that's what most forums do...
The difference is, people who film themselves at a live event aren't experiencing that Live event in the normal way, by virtue of the fact they're simply 'observing' it through a camera phone... not 'living it'.

Online forums are just that. A place/forum to come and discuss, talk about, agree/disagree with other people about various topics. A live football match that some have been to being one of them. We're using the Forum for what it is intended for.

'Talking' to each other, even 'online' is one thing... if I were to film each conversation and upload it on YouTube so that everyone can see it, surely that's very different?

I dunno, maybe it's the same... at least we don't need a selfie stick to conduct this conversation!!
I was picking up on your point about having no mates to interact with.

I've absolutely no time for watching a video of a person I don't know, I can't get my head around the mindset of someone who would do it (Upload/watch). The only ones I watch are rival fans, but even the scum lot are beginning to bore me rigid and I must confess I rely on other fans to watch it first for their reaction. I don't even watch Spurs stuff, never have other than the first few that were produced as i was horrified.

We are all borderline unhealthily obsessed with our club, the majority of us are on here every single day talking to complete strangers, no doubt our mates and families would benefit if we were not on here quite as much?? Only difference is I don't know what you, or anyone else, looks like and sounds like. (I'm referencing his uploaded video narrative on Spurs, not in the stadium stuff).

I like the guy and don't seem the harm in it and certainly don't see any reason why he shouldn't continue , is he all the ticket ? I don't know probably not but near enough , any abuse he's getting seems like water off a ducks back and he's clearly having a blast.

Dudes having an awesome time backing the team we all love in a positive fashion. Whats the problem?

I felt compelled to add him on twitter and message him my support such was the vitriol I read in the comments on twitter/youtube (some here)

Ditched it years ago. Only so many babies, dinners and gym knobs I can tolerate. I do miss the pics of stuff like Glastonbury etc. that generally get uploaded on there but it's a small price to pay. Use Twitter for news and that's about it.

I was born in the wrong era.
I have Facebook but only ever go on it if someone texts me to say they've messaged me on there. I don't have an Iphone. I barely know what Instagram is. Something about pictures?

I barely know what Instagram is. Something about pictures?

A very quick unit of weight measurement??

Not only do I not have a mobile 'phone... I don't have a computer, I don't even know what this thing is that i'm currently typing on...

...and as for the Internet, I couldn't even Google it on the computer I don't have, 'cos I don't know what Google is... but I went to the Library, and looked in a dictionary... here's what I found;

internment
ɪnˈtəːnmənt/
  1. the state of being confined as a prisoner, especially for political or military reasons.
Oh... that's not it is it?

Back
Top Bottom