Spurs back to U.S.?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh dear Richard Scudamore's '39th game' bullshit thing from 2008 appears to have come true.

Um, it's just the preseason tour like we've done 2 of the last 3 years. Bayern Munich played against the MLS all star team last year. Roma, Chelsea, United, and Everton have all also done it.

I would love it if this happened, more power to our links with US soccer, and getting more fans from there.
8493628.gif

Half agree here Greavesie me old fruit. It's not "soccer" though mate. Don't pander to that nomenclature. (Fuck me that's a big word Siri just suggested- what does it mean ffs? )
Fair comments Bolton. However, if someone says American football in the context of the USA, then it gets confused with that sport they love over there, which I have no interest in, but each to their own, etc. For the Americans our 'football' is their 'soccer' so I just use it in that context. It's not to make a point one way or the other, just recognising different cultures.

Incidentally, because I know some people do have some strong views on the matter, I believe the word 'soccer' comes from Association football, and has a long tradition of usage in various countries, including I believe in some parts of this country, for some time anyway.

But of course, now in this country, the correct term is football. (Definitely not 'footie' :thumbup:)

Fair enuf, guv. Apples and pears, and my old man's a dustman and wears gor blimey boots :thumbup:

Football it is old boy, what ho!

PS, I'm assuming your post was humorous. It's sometimes hard to tell on the net.

If it was serious, please ignore my above reply, and I'll just stick you on ignore :thumbup:

It was 3/4 humorous, 1/4 serious? I don't particularly like the word 'soccer' but it doesn't bother me enough to offend! I like to make a joke about it

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom