"Spurs Anonymous"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Randomitable

Formerly Reptile_16
Nicked unashamedly from the season-ending podcast, so many of the post-match experiences the chaps described sounded familiar. Post yours here...

I'm Andrew, and I'm a Tottenham Hotspur supporter.

I was gutted. Before the final whistle had gone I had long since switched off. I managed to get into a bit of handbags with the missus over "whose fault" the final day defeat was. Out of sheer rage I even called for Poch's head, arguing that if you were to supervise such abject failure in any regular job you would rightly expect your employer to react.

Luckily, Daniel resisted the urge.

The next day at work was always going to be a test. One of the blokes in the team I work with is a Yid, but as he's off on paternity leave I couldn't even start the day with a slagging session...

Saw two goons. The first of these must be commended. We exchanged a knowing nod and didn't speak of football at all. The other is a prick who epitomises all of them. Sent me a message asking how my weekend was then "passed by" (my desk is in a corner so that's bollocks) and clearly wanted to get all up in my face about it. I ignored him. Tosspiece.

My missus had a similar visit from a goon where she works and I'm pleased to report she sent the wanker away with a flea in his ear, before he opened his gob she shot him down with "don't you come here gloating, you still didn't win the league." - pissed him right off. I love her.

COYS!!!!

I got off quite lightly - probably because I don't have much too do with gooners anyway, and they know they'd probably get something thrown at them anyway! Most people I know are either fellow sufferers, Wet Spammers (and they couldn't really say anything!) or people who don't give a fig about football.

I got off quite lightly - probably because I don't have much too do with gooners anyway, and they know they'd probably get something thrown at them anyway! Most people I know are either fellow sufferers, Wet Spammers (and they couldn't really say anything!) or people who don't give a fig about football.

Aren't you from Dagenham? Me I'm Barking and somehow still got grief from Hammers fans, one even called us a Mickey Mouse team, I couldn't respond the irony was overpowering, it took the words away from me.

Aren't you from Dagenham? Me I'm Barking and somehow still got grief from Hammers fans, one even called us a Mickey Mouse team, I couldn't respond the irony was overpowering, it took the words away from me.
Rush Green, actually ;). You must be missing the death stare, as that usually shuts them up!!!
Seriously, they need their bumps felt, if they think they are in our class.

Nicked unashamedly from the season-ending podcast, so many of the post-match experiences the chaps described sounded familiar. Post yours here...

I'm Andrew, and I'm a Tottenham Hotspur supporter.

I was gutted. Before the final whistle had gone I had long since switched off. I managed to get into a bit of handbags with the missus over "whose fault" the final day defeat was. Out of sheer rage I even called for Poch's head, arguing that if you were to supervise such abject failure in any regular job you would rightly expect your employer to react.

Luckily, Daniel resisted the urge.

The next day at work was always going to be a test. One of the blokes in the team I work with is a Yid, but as he's off on paternity leave I couldn't even start the day with a slagging session...

Saw two goons. The first of these must be commended. We exchanged a knowing nod and didn't speak of football at all. The other is a prick who epitomises all of them. Sent me a message asking how my weekend was then "passed by" (my desk is in a corner so that's bollocks) and clearly wanted to get all up in my face about it. I ignored him. Tosspiece.

My missus had a similar visit from a goon where she works and I'm pleased to report she sent the wanker away with a flea in his ear, before he opened his gob she shot him down with "don't you come here gloating, you still didn't win the league." - pissed him right off. I love her.

COYS!!!!
She's a keeper!

a Phyric victory for them .
They never challenged since Christmas and they will keep Wenger ,
bobs your uncle .
I do not see why you think keeping Wenger is a good thing. He is the Manager that keeps beating us. Many MU supporters wanted Fergie out and look how that went. Personally I feel if Wenger went there is a good chance the Scum will go the same way as MU and struggle and that could be the year we finally end up above them

The sad truth is that I have become used to it now. Doesn't make it any easier to take, but twenty plus years does a lot to build your resilience!

We are closer to them now than we have been for a long time and even their most one eyed supporter would have to admit to fearing us next season, no matter what they might outwardly say.

Last season is gone, it's history and we can now look forward to our last historic season at the Lane with CL on the table (admittedly wearing one of the ugliest looking home kits I can remember...). Onwards and upwards.

I do not see why you think keeping Wenger is a good thing. He is the Manager that keeps beating us. Many MU supporters wanted Fergie out and look how that went. Personally I feel if Wenger went there is a good chance the Scum will go the same way as MU and struggle and that could be the year we finally end up above them
Was nothing to do with Wenger them finishing above us, only our own failings

I agree. He is the best manager they have ever had, and the self entitled cock hoods think they can do better. I very much doubt they would.

But the fun is watching them tear themselves apart when they only get a draw. Or horror of horrors actually lose a game. It's hilarious and the longer he stays the bigger their split becomes. They have regular fights at half time in the concourse. It's brilliant.

Long may he stay there.

A work colleague who is a rank bloody Gooner did not get off quite so well: He opened his gob to all and sundry Monday morning, so when I was visiting head office I swallowed my pride for a minute, shook his hand and said great season! Then when he went to his little mans room I chucked about a dozen dis-solvable triple strength laxative tablets into his big red Gooner coffee mug. Last time I heard he was trapped on the bowl with no time out! Suck on that Gooner bastard!

Us fans dont deserve the piss taking, although ive got so use to laughing it offits second nature. But the club as a whole deserves everything. Fucking disgusting to of allowed it all to turn to shit. Levy's bald little head should of been down in the dressing room after that chelsea game illustrating how fucking important it is. But what did we get ? Fuck all.....truth is 95 percent of the players couldnt of given a flying fuck if we finished above them or not

I got off lightly as it happens, despite the huge number of gooners at work, a lot of them realised they were shit so didn't pipe up. However the one that gave me the most grief was calling for Wenger's head not a week before and saying he'd lost interest in football, so that was something.

Gooners I know dont really care. They seem fed up with CL football and the embarrassments it brings. We have all seen what can be achived by having no distractions. With AW its mixed feelings although most want to take the plunge amd get rid. City , Chavs and Utd are all moving on. They feel them getting above us just papered over the cracks, again but found it funny we collasped at the end 'same old Spurs'.

And for the record, had no problems from any. The only agro was from a Liverpool suppoter, my sons friends dad. Asking in innocents , 'what happened to Liverpool.' I got a barrage of abuse about us losing the PL etc..... it was very strange-touchy..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom