Spurs announced as opponents for 2015 AT&T MLS All-Star Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soooooo many Woolwich fans were there. I would have zero interest in ever going to see them play yet they showed up in droves last night
I know man I saw Spurs v Red Bull a few years ago and I had American scum fans chanting in fake brit accents, bleak. my friend from Liverpool was with me and got to the point that he told them to fuck off or he'd tear their heads off.

Trust me I didn't see any of this game but they couldn't have been worse than a united side who were put to the sword by a PSG team who looked on the beach, preseason is preseason but United looked totally devoid of ideas and their centre backs still a huge issue
Agreed, I was at the game too and they looked terrible. It's pre-season and all but bad, bad, bad.

Agreed, I was at the game too and they looked terrible. It's pre-season and all but bad, bad, bad.

Its the fans I feel for, a lot of them are pure plastic who don't understand the first thing but the ones in the ground who did care were treated to a United side who showed up late the night before and looked knackered, a sad indictment of the way the world is now with these tours and all, I bet it put a few off spending so much money next time

Really like Alli and Trippier last night. Wimmer looked strong.

Kane goes without saying.

Really surprised how nice Carroll looked. Tidy and picked out a few nice passes. Would expect Onamah getting some first team action.

Really like Alli and Trippier last night. Wimmer looked strong.

Kane goes without saying.

Really surprised how nice Carroll looked. Tidy and picked out a few nice passes. Would expect Onamah getting some first team action.
I thought he did a good job for the England U21 team, without much help.

Much echoing what most are saying here in terms of the performance last night, but I would MUCH rather watch young lads of the club have average games but work as hard as they did than watch Capoue and Paulinho do their bit.

Wimmer, Alli, Trippier all had encouraging games

Really liked Alli, but I also thought Winks looked a good player last night. Liked the way he would get involved in the midfield and when the opportunity allowed he would burst forward and try create a chance for someone or try get on the end of a pass or cross. Reminds me of Scholes. Think he and Alli could make a real attacking CM pair in the future, although not sure of their defensive play yet.

He is the opposite of Paulinho - who would amble forward, ignore his team mates and the ball, hid behind opposing players so no one could pass to him and hover in the box hoping ball would come to him.

Dembele looked quite good, but he does not look a right winger. He kept drifting inside and looked to play a pass, which was good at times, however he never burst forward looking to receive the ball. When he plays there, Spurs become more narrow and don't stretch the defense with pace or width. Yedlin looks a better bet for the RW position but I'm not sure he is ready as I've not seen enough of him play yet.

Seriously though, Europa League is going to be so much more fun this season. Our lineup will probably look a bit like this. Obviously not perfect but it is a bunch of young players with something to prove working to improve their game.
[formation=4231, Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Alli, Townsend, Onomah, Pritchard, New Signing][/formation]

As opposed to last season's Europa opener:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Kaboul, Chiriches, Davies, Sandro, Paulinho, Townsend, Dembele, Lennon, Kane][/formation]

Seriously though, Europa League is going to be so much more fun this season. Our lineup will probably look a bit like this. Obviously not perfect but it is a bunch of young players with something to prove working to improve their game.
[formation=4231, Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Alli, Townsend, Onomah, Pritchard, New Signing][/formation]

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Kaboul, Chiriches, Davies, Sandro, Paulinho, Townsend, Dembele, Lennon, Kane][/formation]
I could get down with that. Though I'd perhaps play Walker and have Trippier have a go in the PL

Yeah, that Kane we played upfront turned out shit didn't he.

:dude:

Alli was easily pick of the bunch. Always available, wanted the ball, spread the play well, good touch and quick on the ball. I dont think he'd look out of place in the league.

Total different kettle of fish than a friendly though of course.

Dont really understand the criticism for Dembele yesterday. Lost one tackle, was strong on the ball, basically always beated his man. Couldnt get the ball off him. Defensively much more encouraged than last season. I think he started on the wings, because we changed our system when the Allstars were attacking/pressing us.

Normal formation

Walker Alder Verts Ben
Dier Nabil
Mousa Eriksen Chadli
Harry

During defending

Walker Alder Verts Ben
Dier
Dembele Nabil
Eriksen Kane Chadli

From a 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3, with 3 defending midfielders. We conceded twice yes, but looked much more solid. Dier also often positioned himself between Alder and Verts - something you often see Bayern do. Its quite useful against deep lying opposition to "open" them up.

Big problem yesterday was service - again. If Eriksen doesnt step up, Pritchard will take over his place. He has pace and is even more effective on the wings if we counter-attack. Same goes with Chadli. They barely contributed to the game. I would use Chadli besides Kane in a 4-2-2-2.

The youngsters did a great job though. Alli, Caroll and Wimmer with some good actions.

Really liked Alli, but I also thought Winks looked a good player last night. Liked the way he would get involved in the midfield and when the opportunity allowed he would burst forward and try create a chance for someone or try get on the end of a pass or cross. Reminds me of Scholes. Think he and Alli could make a real attacking CM pair in the future, although not sure of their defensive play yet.

He is the opposite of Paulinho - who would amble forward, ignore his team mates and the ball, hid behind opposing players so no one could pass to him and hover in the box hoping ball would come to him.

Dembele looked quite good, but he does not look a right winger. He kept drifting inside and looked to play a pass, which was good at times, however he never burst forward looking to receive the ball. When he plays there, Spurs become more narrow and don't stretch the defense with pace or width. Yedlin looks a better bet for the RW position but I'm not sure he is ready as I've not seen enough of him play yet.
Really liked Alli too and was impressed by Winks. That 1-2 that he and Kane did around the box to then play Onomah through was absolutely beautiful. Really wished he would have buried that.

Dembele is an interesting player. We don't move the ball as quickly when he's playing but we keep it so much better. I could see him playing against bigger sides where keeping the ball is important and putting Yedlin or someone else in on the RW against smaller sides to get in behind.

Dont really understand the criticism for Dembele yesterday. Lost one tackle, was strong on the ball, basically always beated his man. Couldnt get the ball off him. Defensively much more encouraged than last season. I think he started on the wings, because we changed our system when the Allstars were attacking/pressing us.

Normal formation

Walker Alder Verts Ben
Dier Nabil
Mousa Eriksen Chadli
Harry

During defending

Walker Alder Verts Ben
Dier
Dembele Nabil
Eriksen Kane Chadli

From a 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3, with 3 defending midfielders. We conceded twice yes, but looked much more solid. Dier also often positioned himself between Alder and Verts - something you often see Bayern do. Its quite useful against deep lying opposition to "open" them up.

Big problem yesterday was service - again. If Eriksen doesnt step up, Pritchard will take over his place. He has pace and is even more effective on the wings if we counter-attack. Same goes with Chadli. They barely contributed to the game. I would use Chadli besides Kane in a 4-2-2-2.

The youngsters did a great job though. Alli, Caroll and Wimmer with some good actions.

Chadli did what Chadli does though he is dangerous around the box. He put a beautiful ball in to Kane that was denied a goal on a great save. He also had a nice run where he cut in and shot narrowly wide. He seems a player who many games will be on the fringes of play but his end product in the final third is crucial to us.

On the flip side Dembele did what Dembele does as well. He had some nice runs with the ball and overall I thought he was OK. However, again he often times holds on to the ball too long and his final ball/shot still is missing.

On the flip side Dembele did what Dembele does as well. He had some nice runs with the ball and overall I thought he was OK. However, again he often times holds on to the ball too long and his final ball/shot still is missing.
He had to adapt. Mousa was a great offensive midfielder, who outpowered other players but kept holding onto the ball and dribbled past them. Now he plays in a deeper role and still tries to do same. It looks wierd when he does that so far off the penalty box.

Back
Top Bottom