Spurs announced as opponents for 2015 AT&T MLS All-Star Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs are coming to the US, but this clearly won't sit with the manager/team because of a marketing and money grab. Not sure how to feel about this... :lennon:

I don't think it is only going to be one game. Probably several days and about 2 - 3 matches, if we already are heading over to the US. As if Malaysia and Australia are not enough.

This is just fucking useless. I am pro Levy, and I know it's good for marketing and the finances, but this is a young team that should get their time playing and preparing in London. We could have really done without this for the next season...

It would be a shock if this one off game does not morph into a 2/3 game mini tour. If your flying that far anyway, why rush home.

Seems like Poch is a bit of a pooch & rolled over and had his belly rubbed. I can see this relationship going south quicker than our tour bus to the states....

And won't we have a Europa League Qualifier to be playing around that date ?

I hope Dick's Sporting Goods win the naming rights to our new stadium. Brilliant name.
For some reason this reminds me of the headline in the liverpool echo newspaper in the early 90 ' s
"Souness eyeing up Dicks"
It was apparently referring to Liverpool's upcoming purchase of Julian Dicks from West Ham

In Levy's defence... This sounds like an unexpected opportunity which only just presented itself. Probably both lucrative and invaluable in boosting our American profile.

I just hope Poch gave the final say to okay it.

Probably what will happen with any transfers as well.

- Look, Mauricio. I know you wanted this and that player, but I was just made aware of this really good deal for a player you probably don't want.
- Oh, okay...
- Yeah... So... Good luck with the season!

Groundhog day. I'm starting to feel a bit confused.

Are we forgetting that this is just one game rather than a whistle stop tour of the US. Big difference.

On top of that the game in Oz is hardly pre-season, more post-season.

Are we forgetting that this is just one game rather than a whistle stop tour of the US. Big difference.

I'm not happy, but at the same time you're right that this is being blown out of proportions.

malayisia is to do with our sponsor AIA. Australia not really sure just a promotion kind of thing i think unless Massimo Luongo had something in his contract.
The Australia game is about the NSW State government and Sydney Olympic Park wanting to attract big sporting events and teams from around the world to come to Sydney.
We've had Man Utd and Juventus,
They just put up the money and see who wants to come.
and we took the bait

I can't remember one team that played in the MLS All-Star game that only played one game here. I have a feeling that at least one more date is yet to be announced.

Last month, Pochettino said: "It's never proper for the team at the beginning of the season to go to Asia or America."

However, in Wednesday's announcement he praised the standard of MLS opposition and said the match would be a big part of their preparations.

"We'd like to thank Major League Soccer for the invitation to take part in the 2015 All-Star Game," he said in a statement.

"The fact that this will be our only fixture outside of Europe during pre-season says a lot about how we view this game.

"We enjoyed three tough matches last summer in North America and the quality of football in MLS continues to grow every year.

And to think people cunted off previous managers for contradictions....

Probably what will happen with any transfers as well.

- Look, Mauricio. I know you wanted this and that player, but I was just made aware of this really good deal for a player you probably don't want.
- Oh, okay...
- Yeah... So... Good luck with the season!

Groundhog day. I'm starting to feel a bit confused.

Levy returning on transfer deadline day to see poch...

Back
Top Bottom