Souleymane Coulibaly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
I'm going to throw this out there.

Would anyone mind if Souley joined the first team squad on the bench as a last 10 minute impact sub as the season goes on? Only 15 league games left + FA cup games.

And if he can't speak too much English might signing a French speaking player who plays in his position, has played for Manchester United, scored 100+ Prem goals and generally knows his way around the Premiership be a good short term move to help his development?

If I was a football manager I think that might be a smart move, or at least better than having some mentalist Russian bloke waving at him from time to time and pointing at his own back.

I've not seen him play as have 98% of this forum. Windizzle says he's Defoe lite so he can stay in the youth team. Let him develop with the kids rather than destroy his confidence with the first team.

Thelonious said:
I've not seen him play as have 98% of this forum. Windizzle says he's Defoe lite so he can stay in the youth team. Let him develop with the kids rather than destroy his confidence with the first team.

We will see him on the 16th.

:crouch:

villainousT said:
I'm pretty excited by what I hear about him. Even if he isn't quite there yet, wouldn't giving him run outs in the lesser games bring him on much faster?

depends if he's mentally and physically ready yet

none of us are really in much of a position to judge tbh

I think we've all got high hopes for this dude because of the good press he had before joining but as said above lets not ruin it by throwing him in to early. Maybe a good loan deal next year to get him firing?

I think a loan deal would be the best way to go, when the coaches think he's ready for it. Judging from how Lancaster played last night, it does seem like they're doing a good job on the coaching. I'd say he deserves more of a chance at a cup game/impact sub, has already been out on loan too. Coulibaly did only just turn 17 at Christmas...

Don't see a point of loaning him just yet, next season would be a more viable time to do so. Let him play with our youth teams for a little.

does anyone else remember when we signed him we were told that he joined us because he was told he would get to play in the first team, however i may be completely making that up.

Thelonious said:
A few people have said that, no one would ever be guaranteed that though surely.

Modric thought he'd be allowed to move if a bigger team came in for him... Wonder if Coulibaly playing in the first team was written in the contract, Levy strikes again.

Éperons said:
paddyspurs said:
Modric thought he'd be allowed to move if a bigger team came in for him...
That has yet to be tested, of course…

+rep

For the record I'm not against Levy doing that, Modric or his agent should have got a written agreement not a "gentlemen's agreement". Same with Coulibaly and his people if he signed on the basis of playing games.

I trust the coaching staff to do the right thing. IF he is going to be gradually phased into the first team before he hits 20 then we could do a lot worse than follow Everton's model they used with Rooney. Brief spells off the bench but not every game, keep him out of the media's way and let him just enjoy his football.

that is true, the whole team were pretty crap tbh, scousers should've won but they couldn't finish a bag of chips

hopefully Barca don't decimate us

He needs to stay in the youth team until he learns the language well enough, then send him out for a short loan, Leyton Orient or Bournemouth most likely, maybe next January. See how he gets on in league 1, toughen him up a bit, then give him a full pre-season back at the club (summer 2013) and start slowly using him as an impact sub in the cups and lesser Prem games...

That's what I would do! (On football manager! hahaha) I joke, I joke... :adegrin:

Back
Top Bottom