Something to be proud of our club about.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A friend of mine is spending his last few months in a Hospice with cancer.He has had chemo and it didn't even touch it.
His wife contacted the club via email and asked could she purchase two tickets for boxing day so he could see his beloved Spurs one last time.She asked could they be end of row and near as possible to the exit,as he isn't very strong these days.
The club contacted her back and offered her a box free of charge for them both ,plus whichever friends they wish to invite.
I would be lying if I said it didn't bring tears to my eyes

Lets hope the boys do the business on the 26th :)

Last edited:
A friend of mine is spending his last few months in a Hospice with cancer.He has had chemo and it didn't even touch it.
His wife contacted the club via email and asked could she purchase two tickets for boxing day so he could see his beloved Spurs one last time.She asked could they be end of row and near as possible to the exit,as he isn't very strong these days.
The club contacted her back and offered her a box free of charge for them both ,plus whichever friends they wish to invite.

Nice story after a crap weekend.. Hope your Mate has the day of his life..

Cheers chaps.
I never thought i'd ever go in a box as it's not my thing,but I will make an exception for this.
Really hope the boys do the business for him :)

Done it a few times and I must admit it's not all that.. The free drink and meal is good but during the game all I want to do is get out and sit in the proper seats.
You'll love it as a one off though.. Is it the Oak room they are putting you up in?

Done it a few times and I must admit it's not all that.. The free drink and meal is good but during the game all I want to do is get out and sit in the proper seats.
You'll love it as a one off though.. Is it the Oak room they are putting you up in?
I have a friend who has suite seats (a box as you guys call it) for our local MLB team. Watched plenty of games in there and I can't stand it. They are definitely comfortable but you are so far removed from the game you might as well just watch it on t.v.

I have a friend who has suite seats (a box as you guys call it) for our local MLB team. Watched plenty of games in there and I can't stand it. They are definitely comfortable but you are so far removed from the game you might as well just watch it on t.v.

Agreed, plus it gets full of know it all posh Twats who do my head in.

Don't know mate.
All I know is I his other half had to give all who are attending our names.
Looking forward to it in a way.it'll be sad ,but going to be happy as larry for my mate and his Mrs.

You'll have a great day and more importantly so will your Mate, you'll probably/hopefully get to meet a club legend or two.
Just hope he gets looked after, has a great day and watches us smash Norwich.

The east stand boxes are grand sitting outside with the crowd. I thinks it's a lovely gesture from spurs and despite all the brick bats they get for some of the commercial decisions they have made not that surprising.

Have a great day

COME ON YOU SPURS

I hope the club relay this story to the players pre-match... it would be nice for them to know just exactly how much the club means to its' fans... even in the face of such adversity and imminent sadness. The fact the guy wants to see Spurs one last time (and not abseil down Mount Rushmore or sky dive out of the Space shuttle) speaks volumes about how much football, and the club you support actually means.

Hope we win, for his sake... and I hope the players realise the magnitude of the request, and the generous, considerate gesture from the club they represent.

my father recently discovered that he has a very dangerous cancer, so i can only be happy for someone that is on a similar situation to have something on his life, even for a day that will cheer him up and make forget his problems. Very good touch by our club.

I reckon a song in his honour would be the least the fans could do...
What's you're friend's name?

ANYONE on here who is going on Boxing Day should try their damdest to try and get a chant going... wherever in the ground they are, and if only for a couple of seconds... it would be an amazing tribute to a brave fellow fan...

What a bittersweet story. So sad for your friend and his family, but lovely to hear that the Club is doing such a good thing. I hope that he has a wonderful day and that the memories will sustain his family in the difficult times ahead. My prayers are with you all.

I reckon a song in his honour would be the least the fans could do...
What's you're friend's name?

ANYONE on here who is going on Boxing Day should try their damdest to try and get a chant going... wherever in the ground they are, and if only for a couple of seconds... it would be an amazing tribute to a brave fellow fan...
Thanks, that is a lovely idea.
His name is Dave Vickers.
Whilst I am sure there wont be a problem, I will run it past his other half.

Back
Top Bottom