Small pitch issue

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's part of the reason the Nou Camp is so big. Barcelona use their pitch to their strength, if only we could do the same. Our stadium is so restrictive in so many ways. Sort it out Levy you fucking eggman!

Anyone who plays football here can attest to the fact that pitch sizes do affect different teams.
Doubt many would disagree - but it sounds ridiculous to use that as an excuse and somewhat naive. If were creating chances at least - would be a different story

I'm no Brian Clough or Fergie but how about training them on smaller training pitches to get used to it! Or stop aiding this weak mentality by mentioning stupid weak excuses. Looks like the weak mentality of the club is starting to find its way through to Poch too!

Not sure Poch is using it as an excuse but a lot of manager Van Gaal in particular are like this, Van Gaal had the training pitch ripped up at United so it was like the old trafford pitch, it's called small margins. At this level the difference between the top 4 and bottom 4 might be very small and the more things in your favour the better.

Our pitch suits counter attacking teams and bully boy teams, expansive types of games require a large pitch to be most effective. AVB and Poch like to hold the ball and press high, that compresses play at the opposition end of the goal, having a large pitch makes 'parking the bus' more difficult. As Schmoodspur said Barca have a very large pitch and we are trying to play a style similar to them.

To me it does beg the question of our overall stratagy. If Levy wants expansive Barca style football, how can we achieve this without the players and on a smaller pitch, it seems to me our sqaud of misfits and White Hart Lane are more suited to Redknapp/Sherwood/Allardyce/Pulis as manager than someone like AVB/Poch. For me these are the reasons why we need the manager to run the transfers and too build a new stadium then we will be in a better position to move down this route.

This small pitch issue is overrated.
It's nothing new. So just ...
soldado2.gif

Not sure Poch is using it as an excuse but a lot of manager Van Gaal in particular are like this, Van Gaal had the training pitch ripped up at United so it was like the old trafford pitch, it's called small margins. At this level the difference between the top 4 and bottom 4 might be very small and the more things in your favour the better.

Our pitch suits counter attacking teams and bully boy teams, expansive types of games require a large pitch to be most effective. AVB and Poch like to hold the ball and press high, that compresses play at the opposition end of the goal, having a large pitch makes 'parking the bus' more difficult. As Schmoodspur said Barca have a very large pitch and we are trying to play a style similar to them.

amazing how brendans tippy tappy bollocks has yielded consecutive 5nil and 3nil wins.........

amazing how brendans tippy tappy bollocks has yielded consecutive 5nil and 3nil wins.........

Hardly tippy tappy, they played on the counter the last 3 times at the lane and hit us like a train, remined me of how Redknapp used to get us playing with Bale.

Train on a slightly smaller pitch. Then the overpaid kumquats will appreciate the extra space come match day.
Not necassarily true.
I use to work out all these great moves on my subbetteo pitch with the little plastic players as a kid, but i was still shit when i transfered them to school playing field....Or even the park for that matter

Jokes aside,its a fair point.

Back
Top Bottom