Selfie Sticks Banned From WHL!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kris

Shelf Side Tottenham
8cd4otdl.jpg
Source: @LiamCSWY - Twitter

Following a couple of emails, selfie sticks have banned from White Hart Lane as they break rules on telescopic poles over 100cm inside the ground. After all the bullshit they tried to limit fans with flag pole restrictions I'm glad to see the same rules being used in favour of the non-tourist fan.

Thank god, I was in J Block for Spurs united and saw 2, I chanted:
"you're only here for the selfie" in my utter fustration for the non interested punters around me!!!

Having your selfie stick banned is a real first world problem...

Which begs the question... what kind of problem is not liking them at games in the first place?

Slightly OT but I've noticed an increasing amount of people filming penalties, free kicks, corners etc during games...........what's the point? All of the games are televised and where I sit is right next to the main TV camera, so you just record a poorer quality version of what people are seeing on TV and miss the actual action on the process.

Blanchflower Blanchflower Only reason I can think of is to see the fans celebrating but even then you'd want to be celebrating with them not trying to hang onto your phone!

Slightly OT but I've noticed an increasing amount of people filming penalties, free kicks, corners etc during games...........what's the point? All of the games are televised and where I sit is right next to the main TV camera, so you just record a poorer quality version of what people are seeing on TV and miss the actual action on the process.
Won't lie I dont mind rubbing it in to mates back home who've never gone to a Spurs/Premier League game by sending them the a snapchat of my great seats while they're waking up at 2am and hearing shit pre-game & HT analysis from Mark Bosnich!

People filming penalties / corners / free-kicks : Just another reason why modern football fans haven't got a scooby.

Result! Given the amount of trouble it was to get a flag inside the stadium, it was only right they banned the selfie sticks under the same principle.

Great news. There was some tool with one of these in the PL lower at the United match, couldn't believe my eyes. Great work from LiamCSWY too, whoever he is.

At the united game I had fans around me filming/taking pics when rooney came over to take a corner, sick shit

Back
Top Bottom