Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters
WBA want £30m. City got Aguero for around that price :avbfacepalm:

Personally I wouldn't go above £25m, and even that far too much to be honest.

We must be able to get a quality player out on the continent for that sort of cash. Who's that lad who scored on his debut for Villareal last week? ... Saldardo ? He looked handy...

For real though, that is huge huge money. You can buy established, even world class players for that sort of money.
It's the British player thing init

I really don't a deal depends on the 'Son' transfer. In the save few hours if having a bid rejected would we really have had a fee agreed and be completing a medical for his alternative?....I'm sure we are still in for both

It's the British player thing init

I know clubs like City & Chelsea get slated for throwing their vast wealth around... but clubs like West Brom need to take a long hard look at themselves at the greed involved in asking/demanding dis-gust-ing amounts of money for what is, after all, a decent enough (but no more) England U-21 player.
THIRTY MILLION POUNDS?? Just 'cos there are some super rich cunts out there prepared to pay that, doesn't make it any less disgraceful that clubs ask for that... but maybe we are just as bad asking for 80+million for Bale??

I know clubs like City & Chelsea get slated for throwing their vast wealth around... but clubs like West Brom need to take a long hard look at themselves at the greed involved in asking/demanding dis-gust-ing amounts of money for what is, after all, a decent enough (but no more) England U-21 player.
THIRTY MILLION POUNDS?? Just 'cos there are some super rich cunts out there prepared to pay that, doesn't make it any less disgraceful that clubs ask for that... but maybe we are just as bad asking for 80+million for Bale??
Cannot disagree with any of that mate. We are a victim of the english player rule.

Bale was/is world class. Berahino is decent Premier league standard. It's like comparing gold to glitter. WBA aren't to blame really. Players go for absurd amounts when the buying club is desperate. We have left ourselves with one striker. Whichever club we approach for one of their strikers will know that. We should walk away from that kind of deal IMO but Levy needs to rethink his tactics in future. how much will it cost to pay Poch off & employ yet another manager when all it took was getting the deal jacked up in January? If we had offered £20m at the start of the January window then he'd already be a spurs player. We may even have been challenging top four seriously until the end &/or had a trophy.

It's like comparing gold to glitter. .

209874_1.jpg
188774_1.jpg

Eh??? Comparing that seedy bearded cunt to arguably the King of Glam Rock is bad taste at best, and at worst, is just plain obscene! ...shame on you!

(Though admittedly, there is a passing resemblance!!)

Last edited:
This is done. Fair play to west brom, and I reckon everton are gonna hold out aswell.
Shame we didn't with a few of our players.

Doest look good in regards to getting a striker in....:pochfacepalm:

We held out with modric the first time he tried to fuck off. Unfortunately with Madrid we didn't have the excuse of not selling to a prem rival so off he went.

I reckon bale could easily have gone a season before he did, but someone in the club convinced him to stay one year and offered him a new contract that made him our highest paid player.

I imagine something similar happened with Hugo last year.

But yeah. Fuck levy

I don't personally rate Berahino. I don't feel his market value is higher than £15million. I don't think he would be worth more than 10 million if he wasn't English. So fuck paying 25 Million for him.

Sir Bill would never pay more than he thought a player was worth. £30m for Berahino is ridiculous. Walk and watch what kind of season Pearce will get from him. An indifferent year and his stock will halve to the £15m he is worth.
Or............
Let us wash our hands of this Perfidious Albion.' (see what I did there?)

Back
Top Bottom