Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So refreshing to see talent come through, must not get our hopes up. They need more experience, Ideal to start cup games and be an impact sub. Long may this continue

Now in the upper echelons of my favourite players at Spurs with Hugo, Walker and Eriksen.

Noticeably gaining more and more confidence by the game and becoming more ambitious in the pass. Quality player. Dare I say, England international in the making.

Fuck Jack Wilshere. the cunt.

Some great signs. He seems to have good awareness, when many players receive the ball facing their own goal they play a lateral or back pass 1st time, Mason knows what's behind him and if there's space he turns. Simple, but that's what separate tops CMs from average ones so it's very promising. He also got stuck in nicely, and isn't scared to drive forward.
Excited to see how the develops.

Some great signs. He seems to have good awareness, when many players receive the ball facing their own goal they play a lateral or back pass 1st time, Mason knows what's behind him and if there's space he turns. Simple, but that's what separate tops CMs from average ones so it's very promising. He also got stuck in nicely, and isn't scared to drive forward.
Excited to see how the develops.

That's what impressed me the most about him, during the preseason.
I didn't watch the game, but I was very surprised he started. And judging by what people are saying, it looked worthwhile. I'm happy for him. I hope he cements that position for himself.

Ryan Mason statistically outperforms Silva in Manchester City loss.
He continues to look every inch a Premier League player.

Capture.png

He's the future of THFC, and hopefully England too. YIDDO.

He was written off, and has fought back in style to take his rightful place. At this point, I'm emphatically jumping on the bandwagon, and I think everyone else should. It's not just his naked desire and drive to achieve, it's the Spurs-focused naked desire and drive to achieve. Which Harry and Andros share as well.

He was written off, and has fought back in style to take his rightful place. At this point, I'm emphatically jumping on the bandwagon, and I think everyone else should. It's not just his naked desire and drive to achieve, it's the Spurs-focused naked desire and drive to achieve. Which Harry and Andros share as well.
:coys:

If there's ever a year for young players to break into the squad, it'll be now. Such reduced expectations really don't make the margins feel quite so fine. If a younger player screws up in a match, I'm not sure we'd all be braying for their entrails with quite as much passion as during the "top four's our everything" seasons.

Not to mention that Poch doesn't seem so bad at bringing the best out of youthful players (if Danny Rose's progress is anything to go by).

As has been said on here, Mason is quickly becoming a highlight, and it'd be great to see more of the same rather soon. Does anyone fancy a punt on who we should be looking out for from the academy next? I noticed that Azzaoui did rather nicely against the scum U18s this week, though he's a only 16.
Then again, I haven't heard the words 'belgian wonderkid' for at least two weeks, so it's long overdue.

Having never seen him play in the youth squads I can't say too much other than what I have seen of him since pre-season. I have to wonder if if his being played out of position is going to turn into a problem later on in the season. As for right now I'm ecstatic about how well he's been doing and I hope he continues his form.

Mason - think Soton comparison = a mix of Davis and Lallana.
Clearly Poch loves someone who plays ball fwd, quick passing and someone who closes down the play.
Exceptional game by Mason vs City. His value currently sitting around £8mill - Levy smiling but frowning about losing say combined £50mill on Paulinho, Soldado and Erik.

From now on expect Poch to bring youth thru with Levy buying only one or two quality players.

Mason - think Soton comparison = a mix of Davis and Lallana.
Clearly Poch loves someone who plays ball fwd, quick passing and someone who closes down the play.
Exceptional game by Mason vs City. His value currently sitting around £8mill - Levy smiling but frowning about losing say combined £50mill on Paulinho, Soldado and Erik.

From now on expect Poch to bring youth thru with Levy buying only one or two quality players.
I'd say he almost equivalent to Schneiderlin. He's showing that he's much better defensively than Davis and Lallana and has a superb passing range. 3 interceptions and 2 tackles against City are some quality defensive numbers. Combine that with that forward passing stat and that's exactly what we need from a midfielder in a double pivot.

I am encouraged that poch will pick youth if they are good enough, for me dembele, paulinho and the like have to prove themselves to get in the team, no one should get in the spurs team because he is foreign and cost a lot.

Right now I would pick mason and Kane not because they are english or young but because they seem to be the most form players for their position.

It will also save us money transfer wise plus spurs supporting youngsters are more likely to stay long term which means we can build around them, that's not to say others will go I am just thinking of averages.

Back
Top Bottom