Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another 3 points lost down to Mason again today. Why he starts tracking players and then stops who knows, but he does it so often.

I hope he is good friends with Livermore and Huddlestone, that's where he'll end up. The sooner the better.

I'm sorry to say that if one watches a football match and then blames a loss on one player he or she lacks an understanding of the game, generally.

I won't be too surprised if he ends up only having Livermore potential. We all hope all of our academy players turn our to be stars, that's probably why we hyped him up too much.

Btw, Livermore was also once capped by England when playing for us.

Last edited:
I've been worried about his game for a while now. He's been our weak link in possession for a while now. Damn shame because he looked excellent at the start of the season; it seems that he was simply over-performing during that spell.
The jury is still out for Mason. Why not defer to time as to whether he is shite? If still shite when the team performs well, then I will agree.

The jury is still out for Mason. Why not defer to time as to whether he is shite? If still shite when the team performs well, then I will agree.
I didn't say he was shite, just that he's been a weak link for us and that he hasn't lived up to his performances at the start of the season.

I think it's just another case of not having to fight too much for his spot.
I don't understand this argument. If he has too many competitors beside him, how will a player have the space to spread his wings and soar? As to why Mason hasn't soared, he is still growing his wings, given that he is a green youngster.

I don't understand this argument. If he has too many competitors beside him, how will a player have the space to spread his wings and soar? As to why Mason hasn't soared, he is still growing his wings, given that he is a green youngster.

I'm saying that he needs competition for his spot in the first team. Right now he essentially has none. The other players he's up against are shit.

I'm saying that he needs competition for his spot in the first team. Right now he essentially has none. The other players he's up against are shit.
Won't disagree there, I suppose it would be better to have no competition at all than shit competition, trying to spread one's wings in a steaming vat of dung is similar to running through water. Yes perhaps a bit of competition will do young Mason good

I've been worried about his game for a while now. He's been our weak link in possession for a while now. Damn shame because he looked excellent at the start of the season; it seems that he was simply over-performing during that spell.
Ormaybe he is underperforming at the moment? If you look at the team, he is not the only player in a bad form (Eriksen for example).

good player, but not good enough to start every game. At this moment he ins't. Dembele and Bentaleb are clearly better than him. I think that even Paulinho legend shoud start the next game ahead of him.

I'm not saying that he's a bad player, cause he he isn't but the lad is playing poorly in the last weeks.

This is the exact same thing that happened with Bentaleb last season.

I know Mason is older, but last season people were saying the exact same thing about Bentaleb. Mason is an easy target for some reason, where as someone like Eriksen, who hasn't performed for a good few months now, get's hardly any stick.

Come on, give the guy a break.

Mason definitely has earned the pass for his poor performances over the last month starting at the OT. Too bad he couldn't score on Spurs best chance y'day which would've been massive for his confidence. Either way, his first full season playing has been a success and he clearly has at the very least, a rotational spot at the club.

Mason IS what we need in our midfield, though he is limited (and it's very sad to see that). I've rarily seen midfielders, who make so many good offensive runs and really try to play forward. He does what we all expected from Paulinho.

Back
Top Bottom