Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked anonymous today unfortunately. Time and again we needed someone to pick the ball up from defence, turn out and get us attacking. Didn't look up for it.

Why would you think that? Pochettino has made a number of mistakes both in selections and substitutes. Why would I have any issue with saying that?
fair enough. glad u would say poch has made mistakes too.
this forum is over run with posters who think poch can do no wrong that's all.
but u aren't 1 of them obviously. my mistake!

fair enough. glad u would say poch has made mistakes too.
this forum is over run with posters who think poch can do no wrong that's all.
but u aren't 1 of them obviously. my mistake!

No problem I understand where you are coming from and have noticed too. For me it feels like Pochettino is learning along with the side. He needs to learn more ways to change a game when a formation or tactic isn't working. I'm looking forward to next season and seeing him get more of "his" players in the side while ditching more garbage and hopefully having players diverse enough to perhaps force his hand if he gets too stubborn

No problem I understand where you are coming from and have noticed too. For me it feels like Pochettino is learning along with the side. He needs to learn more ways to change a game when a formation or tactic isn't working. I'm looking forward to next season and seeing him get more of "his" players in the side while ditching more garbage and hopefully having players diverse enough to perhaps force his hand if he gets too stubborn
yeh he is pretty new to all this. hopefully we will reap the rewards of being patient with him. really hope we have a good clear out this summer & bring in some players he actually wants. i still think he should come up with an effective plan b too

Shocking mistake for their first and slipped up a few times more. However, he bounced back somewhat and as always he ran his socks off and created space for others. If that's average then I'm okay with it. Don't see him as a key player so if he's the standard for squad players I'll be thrilled!

Shocking mistake for their first and slipped up a few times more. However, he bounced back somewhat and as always he ran his socks off and created space for others. If that's average then I'm okay with it. Don't see him as a key player so if he's the standard for squad players I'll be thrilled!
Schneirdlin 4 our of 4 tackles
Mason 7 out of 8 tackles (most in game of any player)

Mason had a bad day at the office but what a season it has been for the lad. He's gone form loan to loan to first team regular and even an England call-up. One mistake doesn't change the fantastic season this has been.

At worst I think he is a very capable back-up that could be very useful in Europa and other cups as well as an impact sub. Considering he cost a grand total of zero pounds he is still a massive find and addition for us.

He could also potentially take a sizable step up next season with another preseason and having a full season under his belt. While he is already 23 his progression has been far from typical and his improvement certainly hasn't been linear. Still feel like he could be much better when the game slows down for him considering the combination grit and skill he has. Even if he doesn't improve much from his current level he will still be a useful player going forward.

The kid is technically capable.
Does the simples well and works hard.
A key component in Poch's team and want to continue seeing him in the first team.

Unlucky with the slip but has the courage to put his hand up and work to get it back.

Unbelievable people want a home grown talent with an attitude like his for the bench.

Although I'm sure with his performances he will continue to solidify his starting position.

If this guy is part of our starting CM partnership next season...you might as well write the season off now.
Don't get me wrong he's not a poor player but his positional sense at times is atrocious, his passing range is iffy to say the least, and he doesn't provide the goals necessary to play the box to box role. A squad player yes but a starter? Helllllllllllll no.

Although I really like him, his contribution is limited and he is not a player who is going to take us up a notch. I think I would rather have Dembele take up one of the midfield slots, TBH.

I feel like he's suffering the same problems that bentaleb had last season.
I know he's a few years older but it's still his first season. I was one of the people screaming for bentaleb to be dropped in place of a more seasoned player, but clearly the run in the team and the opportunities to learn have helped on come on leaps and bounds this year.
Hopefully we'll see the same for Mason. But yeah, we definitely need another player in the same mold to be able to come in and fight for that spot with him.
Poch clearly just doesn't fancy dembele

It's his first season and he's never played anywhere close to this long a season either. I feel like he's a bit burned out. He hasn't been at his best recently which is discouraging but you look at the leap Bentaleb took from this season to last and I won't write off Mason doing the same. Being a solid player in your first top flight season is still a massively impressive achievement. You know he'll work his bollocks off in the offseason as well.

Even if he's a squad player long term the guy is found money. Nothing wrong with having a homegrown option with Mason's skill and work ethic to come off the bench and rotate in occasionally. Every club needs players like that.

I feel like he's suffering the same problems that bentaleb had last season.
I know he's a few years older but it's still his first season. I was one of the people screaming for bentaleb to be dropped in place of a more seasoned player, but clearly the run in the team and the opportunities to learn have helped on come on leaps and bounds this year.
Hopefully we'll see the same for Mason. But yeah, we definitely need another player in the same mold to be able to come in and fight for that spot with him.
Poch clearly just doesn't fancy dembele

Bravo - basically came here to say the same thing. Although Mason has been with Spurs for awhile, this is still his first full premier league year. Have to give the kid time.

Another 3 points lost down to Mason again today. Why he starts tracking players and then stops who knows, but he does it so often.

I hope he is good friends with Livermore and Huddlestone, that's where he'll end up. The sooner the better.

I've been worried about his game for a while now. He's been our weak link in possession for a while now. Damn shame because he looked excellent at the start of the season; it seems that he was simply over-performing during that spell.

Back
Top Bottom