Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope this cunt Van Gaal is out of the EPL soon. He never came to us as he couldn't do the job without buying £200m worth of players. £104m last year, £76m this so far and he wants more.
I hope he fucks up and they sack him. What is this fascination with him that every time I turn on the box his muggy boat is there talking shit.
The most Ferguson ever spent in transfers was £51m net.
They were one point off Chavs when they won the title in 09/10. That year they made £64m in transfers.

No that's the bloke from Yazoo

I was going to say Spear of Destiny but not sure who remembers em
One direction?
e1lWsW4.jpg

or TOWIE audition?

Notice Tom never lost his passport!

isn't that Pritchard next to Kane?

arrival_instory.jpg

Look at Toby. Not really bonding with the squad. Im concerned. I think that is evidence of a poor signing and a bad apple. Toby Out for me now, thats bang out of order from him. Clearly a Baldini signing.

Or...is it Soldado? Fuck him anyway, whichever one it is.

And what the LIVING FUCK is Paulinho doing at the back there? Must have loaned him back.

I can see us going down this season.

Not on the plane to the USA. Clearest indication yet he'll be back in Spain soon methinks. A shame as the talent is clearly there, but his confidence is just buggered now. Also we have never really played to suit him and wont be doing so under Poch so its best for all parties if he moves on sadly.
Wasnt the clearest indication the pictures someone posted of him on a flight to Ibiza at the weekend??

Can't believe this is really happening. We sign a gun striker, he performs poorly - why ?
And now it looks like he is out of here. If we can get £10mill then yeah take it. Poch's choice so yeah if we can a young player, Berahino to support Kane we would be happy with the season to start.

Can't believe this is really happening. We sign a gun striker, he performs poorly - why ?

Because we signed a player who scored 90% of his goals playing in a counter-attacking team, stabbling home low crosses and the like - to play in a team that doesn't counter attack and doesn't cross to feet. It's like buying a fine sable artists brush to paint a ceiling, just because it's good quality doesn't mean its right for the job.

Because we signed a player who scored 90% of his goals playing in a counter-attacking team, stabbling home low crosses and the like - to play in a team that doesn't counter attack and doesn't cross to feet. It's like buying a fine sable artists brush to paint a ceiling, just because it's good quality doesn't mean its right for the job.
I can post some clips of him receiving crosses to feet if you like?

I can post some clips of him receiving crosses to feet if you like?

Yeah, I'm sure you can. But that's not reflective of our style of play is it? He ended up starved of his usual supply line and if you look at his Valencia 2012/2013 goals (youtube) he makes almost none of them for himself but thrived on good movement into space supplying the finishing touch. We play a compessed space game under AVB and Poch which means you need a striker with better physical attributes or able to beat defenders with skill or pace to open up your own opportunities.

Yeah, I'm sure you can. But that's not reflective of our style of play is it? He ended up starved of his usual supply line and if you look at his Valencia 2012/2013 goals (youtube) he makes almost none of them for himself but thrived on good movement into space supplying the finishing touch. We play a compessed space game under AVB and Poch which means you need a striker with better physical attributes or able to beat defenders with skill or pace to open up your own opportunities.

Have to wonder how he would have got on had we signed him 18 months earlier...

Thing is. Fast forward to today and he'd miss that chance. Cracking goal that though, even had the honor of a Paulinho assist.

Was a great atmosphere that day at Villa, the Pyro was the other star of the show, surrounded by thousands singing his name thinking that was the goal he needed to get started - it never happened..... a real shame

I remember that fucking Krul game too, if a couple had gone in there too that may have helped but who knows, hope he finds his form somewhere

If he signs with Villareal, he can just walk to their next match at the Emirates Cup. They couldn't be making it more convenient for him :)

Back
Top Bottom