Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're a pathetic man whose only response is to call people a gooner. I am guessing that dog was neutered a long time ago, like yourself
Everyone knows what you truly are - I've found you out long ago. There's no need to pretend anymore, kid

I hope you cringe every time Bobby scores

Okay Archy, you love to be hated. I understand that. Millwall is calling. I can imagine how frustrating being a 40 year old virgin would be. But lose a bit of weight, stop being such a creep, and who knows, maybe you'll get laid. If not, lets have a whip around. I'll put in a tenner to get Archy laid, whose with me?
Mate, that's tragic. Primary school come-backs have more bite.

Anyway - I have no time for convicted WUMs - hope you feel like an utter helmet evey time Bobby scores. Or look no further than the mirror.

Talking of comebacks, the fat cunt that was Bernard Manning started laying into a punter who was leaving the room, and finally asked him where he was going. The bloke said "I'm going for a dump before the comedian comes on." :soldadolol:

Okay Archy, you love to be hated. I understand that. Millwall is calling. I can imagine how frustrating being a 40 year old virgin would be. But lose a bit of weight, stop being such a creep, and who knows, maybe you'll get laid. If not, lets have a whip around. I'll put in a tenner to get Archy laid, whose with me?
Your too late!

Without the need to start pasting in highlight reels from YouTube, Soldado was clearly a sharp striker before he joined us.

During the AVB days, we were crap at attacking and hardly anyone was scoring (9 league goals by this time last year) and he scored 4 of those 9. Based on that, I don't think anyone could be particularly critical of the newly-formed team and Soldado not scoring more, with the tactics/players clearly not working enough to create chances.

Then Sherwood came in and didn't appear to favour him, his private life had some disasters, and the media started on his back. Confidence obviously took a knock.

It's different to Torres at Chelsea, and he's clearly still suffering a hangover from his first season, but looking back at the way he played for Valencia, there's clearly a fantastic goalscorer in him and with support and confidence I'm sure we'll see the best of him - it's all about the patience.

I was watching Roy Chubby Brown (not an entirely pleasant experience) when a women walked out. He asked her where she was going, she said "toilet". To which he replied, "I'll be out to sniff it in a minute to check if you're lying to me". Not a nice guy, ArcspacE with a sense of humour.
Did you know his real name is Royston Vasey? Hence the name of the village in the League of Gentleman. Not my bag.

haha after his shot in the first ten minutes from outside the box the commentator said you cant give him chances like that as he'll score from them...... i'm guessing it was sarcasm.

Criticism makes no sense as it was on target and forced a save.
:pochfacepalm:

For all the grief the naysayers give Soldado, you had better fucking PRAY that if we get rid of him in January we get an on form replacement and not Jay "This Might Be A Really Bad Idea" Rodriguez. Our link up play without Soldado is practically nonexistent. We do better when he's on the pitch. He's not scoring, but we can't play Kane as a solo striker. It's certainly a conundrum. But I think that going forward Adebayor will need to leave in January. Getting rid of two strikers in the middle of the season, IMO would be too drastic. Let's get Benteke in and Ade out. Give Soldado until the end of the season to try to raise his value and get him out in the summer.

Didn't get to watch the game today, but based on the twitter updates it seems like the folks that work for the Spurs media team were doing all they could to say he played like a pile of camel shit without actually saying he played like a pile of camel shit.

optimistic camel shit.

He didn't score but he was looking very sharp! His link up play was good and his runs off the ball are what you want to see from a striker. Granted he did squander a few chances but that being said he is getting the chances now... When he nets a couple he could be deadly. Fingers crossed aye! :soldadowtf:

I have reached a personal conclusion on Roberto.

The guy's snake-bit. I like him as a person, I like watching the way he plays and passes with others. But no matter what he does, no matter how hard he tries, that ball isn't going in the net. It is not a talent-related problem, it would simply appear that the one time Spurs spent a ton of money on a genuine world-class striker (and he was all of that at Valencia), the footballing gods have decreed that it would be really funny if he suddenly got the yips.

I am quite certain that as soon as we sell him elsewhere he'll immediately start scoring again. At this point, I want that to happen though. It's just not working out for him in London. Let's find him a new home somewhere sunny, help him move his stuff, give some hugs goodbye, some presents for the kids and wife, and wish him all the best. I will even cheer when he inevitably scores against us the first time we meet that new team in Europe.

It would appear the universe is firmly against Soldado at Spurs. For both our sakes and his, let's bow to will of the ineffable and move him in January.

I have reached a personal conclusion on Roberto.

The guy's snake-bit. I like him as a person, I like watching the way he plays and passes with others. But no matter what he does, no matter how hard he tries, that ball isn't going in the net. It is not a talent-related problem, it would simply appear that the one time Spurs spent a ton of money on a genuine world-class striker (and he was all of that at Valencia), the footballing gods have decreed that it would be really funny if he suddenly got the yips.

I am quite certain that as soon as we sell him elsewhere he'll immediately start scoring again. At this point, I want that to happen though. It's just not working out for him in London. Let's find him a new home somewhere sunny, help him move his stuff, give some hugs goodbye, some presents for the kids and wife, and wish him all the best. I will even cheer when he inevitably scores against us the first time we meet that new team in Europe.

It would appear the universe is firmly against Soldado at Spurs. For both our sakes and his, let's bow to will of the ineffable and move him in January.

Alternatively, what if we consider the following...

When was the last time we had a genuinely talented player that rejected moves to 'bigger' clubs to stay with us? King is an exception, as he's suggested his loyalty was partially due to his injuries.

So, with the support he's been given, this could work out quite well. Say he suddenly comes into form and returns to being a goal machine. Not many clubs would go for a 30 year old at that point (his age at end of season) for big money, and we know what levy is like in terms of ROI. Additionally, Soldado doesn't actually rely on pace at all, so could play well into his 30s.

We could have an ideal recipe so that, when he returns to form, he feels compelled to stay with us.

He doesn't complain about games (or much at all) and seems to be a useful character in the dressing room - certainly no troublemaker or moaner - so weighing up the benefits of actually selling them, they aren't abundant. We'd free a space in the team, but I doubt he's on massive wages for it to be a financial benefit.

I'd be up for keeping Soldado and Kane. The benefits of keeping Ade are much less - that's where I see the benefits of replacement being, to be honest. We can't sign two strikers as we don't play 2 up front and it'd only further freeze Kane out.

I'd even be happy with Kane, Soldado and bedding in a further 'yoof' (Coulthirst for example), and Chadli has the attributes to be a good option, too.

If we backed him and played him every single game from now to the end of the season he will eventually get into form and be potentially awesome next year.

I can't see him being given that time though, no way. Not even if we accept this season as being a write-off.

If we backed him and played him every single game from now to the end of the season he will eventually get into form and be potentially awesome next year.

I can't see him being given that time though, no way. Not even if we accept this season as being a write-off.

This season is far from a write off.

2 points off 4th.
Still in all cups and qualified out of the Europa groups.

Playing shite yeah but still well in the game.

Back
Top Bottom