Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WateryShockingEsok.gif

Fuck sake, still can't hit the target from 4 yards out :soldadowtf:

Not a single post about his goal last night? Classic Soldado goal. High hopes.

He looked really pleased and thats always a good sign, but what frustrates me is that he is so dependent on everyone else.

See when Kane came on, I saw a striker on the pitch. Creating, moving, backtracking, shooting.

Even with the goal, Im still struggling with the fact that Soldado played over 80 minutes last night. He has very little work ethic, and it could be as little as running 2 meters to stop a counter attack, chase down a keeper or stop a defender clearing the ball.

He just doesnt do it, and it effects everything we do going forward.

I have no doubt in my mind, we would have been better off keeping Defoe.

He looked really pleased and thats always a good sign, but what frustrates me is that he is so dependent on everyone else.

See when Kane came on, I saw a striker on the pitch. Creating, moving, backtracking, shooting.

Even with the goal, Im still struggling with the fact that Soldado played over 80 minutes last night. He has very little work ethic, and it could be as little as running 2 meters to stop a counter attack, chase down a keeper or stop a defender clearing the ball.

He isn't suited to leading the line when the onus is on him. Much better as a compliment to an attacking unit. His finish was class though, regardless if it was his third touch of the half.

Not sure I agree about the Defoe point, but your other point about him being invisible for the most part of the game is spot on. I struggle to analyze it every game he plays, I want to say that the ball never gets to where he's positioned, and that he's been instructed on staying in a certain area - but I don't know if that's the case.

I find that often times when he receives the ball in the final third he's facing the wrong way, and he has a habit of not trying to drop a shoulder and turn to take a shot - but rather lay the ball over to another attacking player coming to support. In some games, he's done this very well, but it's not what his role is supposed to be. He thrives when he's facing goal and gets a low cross or fast through-ball. His first touch is generally amazing (we could see that at one point last night as well). I keep hope that it's a confidence issue, and that now that he's gotten a couple of goals he'll start taking some chances himself, try to turn around a defender and shoot rather than lay it off to someone else.

On another note - did anyone notice the look exchanged between Bobby and Lamela as the sub happened? That was father-son love, right there. I think Bobby is a very important character to some players in the locker room, Lamela more than anyone.

I'll keep hoping that he starts delivering regularly in a partnership with Lamela and Eriksen.

For me its not rocket science, he plays better as one of an attacking two and not a lone striker. Last night just proved that, we went two up front and well quelle supree we pushed Forest back and started creating chances.........i just do not understand this obsession with one striker, the last time it really worked was in 1987 when Clive Allen hit form........and he was hardly a target man, just a poacher, like Bobby is

granted he scored, but if you look, his shirt is absolutely pristine, not a sweat or mud stain on it! You very rarely see him on his toes and he seems to stroll through games, no urgency IMO. He could get away with it if he hit the back of the net on a regular basis, but we are still waiting.

It was indeed a classic Soldado goal in that (a) it came a hell of a long time since the last one and (b) it was purely instinctive. But he was having another horrible game apart from that, and the standing ovation as he was substituted can only have been one of encouragement. He's got to work harder, show some decent movement and both gamble and anticipate more on chances coming his way. I'd like to see him given a chance with Ade but then I don't know if we can work that into a decent formation including Lamela and Eriksen. Sadly I think it's becoming another Postiga situation, though, and it'll prove best for all parties if he moves to Spain or Italy.

I went right back to page one of this thread. We were all madly excited about Bobby signing. Madly. Took us nearly 25 pages to sign the fucker so we should have known it'd take time for him to settle.

Granted, I dont think he's gotten nearly close to the 50 la liga goal machine we'd hoped for. Barely scratched the surface. But we need to rekindle the EXCITEMENT we once had for this guy. We're stuck with him for all intents and purposes until January at the earliest.

Show him we love him. Sing his name. Try until we cant any more!!!!! Support him like we do the manager. Fucking hell I AM ABSOLUTELY DESPERATE FOR HIM TO SCORE GOALS AND I DONT KNOW WHY. COME ON BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!! UP THE SPURS!!!!!

I went right back to page one of this thread. We were all madly excited about Bobby signing. Madly. Took us nearly 25 pages to sign the fucker so we should have known it'd take time for him to settle.

Granted, I dont think he's gotten nearly close to the 50 la liga goal machine we'd hoped for. Barely scratched the surface. But we need to rekindle the EXCITEMENT we once had for this guy. We're stuck with him for all intents and purposes until January at the earliest.

Show him we love him. Sing his name. Try until we cant any more!!!!! Support him like we do the manager. Fucking hell I AM ABSOLUTELY DESPERATE FOR HIM TO SCORE GOALS AND I DONT KNOW WHY. COME ON BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!! UP THE SPURS!!!!!

Maybe it's because he seems to be a likeable guy with some charisma? I'm finding it very hard to feel any ill towards him, and I'm starting to think that the reason other people seem to do as well is because he's one of few in our squad that feels like one of us, spursy.

Is that down to service though?

He's probably not going to be given the chance to turn things around now, but what kind of fee are we going to get for him?

We're going to lose £15m on him, plus he will need replacing.... Will Levy make that kind of financial commitment?

The second half last night was the most impressive of Soldado's time here, I thought. Showed movement, strength, speed! A couple of very nice passes.

I suppose it speaks volumes that I think that is an improvement when really it ought to be the minimum expected of him.

I still really like him, and just can't see how someone who is so good as failed so spectacularly. Service has been questionable, and we haven't played to his strengths but my word, he has missed some sitters, too.

You know he'll go to Spain and start banging them in again.

Back
Top Bottom