Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I made this for our own soldier.
cERvW5w.jpg

I won't come back to this thread after this post as it's clearly for the optimists. To those who still think Soldado will come good, I take my hat off to you. Honestly I do. I do because he hasn't shown ANYTHING in the last year that makes me think he will ever be anything other then a total flop at Spurs. Hope I am proved wrong.

This thread isn't just for those that are just optimistic; I just quoted your post because you said he should be judged on what came before. Regardless of your following, before us he was a proven goal scorer.

Bale was also derided at one point too, and he came good, eventually, and then some. Yes, Soldado has done very little in twelve months, and to hope that our third manager inside 12 months might be able to get something from him may be wishful thinking. However, our previous two managers were tactically inept from opposing ends of the spectrum, one too conservative and the other too gung-ho. He was also constantly overlooked by Sherwood IMO and had he actually been played with Ade more -as Kane was in the latter parts of the season - he may have shown more.

The proof will be in the pudding as they say. He seems to have developed a great understanding with Lamela in particular and with both having a point to prove it *may* just pay off.

I don't think he made that pic, because in the "We will fight" tweet someone commented it to him xD

Back
Top Bottom