Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The old west lower! what a tiny terrace

This is what WHL looked like at my first live game (1969). I know progress has to happen and I can't wait for the new stadium to open, but I will miss the old place. Having said that, no-one can take the memories away, they will live on forever, and we will hopefully make great new ones in WHL2.

The Enclosure..When i started going in 76, it contained more denim than the levi factory.
Thing I loved about the old White Hart Lane (with The Shelf and The Enclosure...) is that it was built, felt and looked like an intimidating provincial Lower league ground... fans close to the pitch, ramshackle terracing and roof... but on a GIANT SCALE of 46,000+

...and to think, we're gonna get 61,000 in the new one!!

MIND BLOWING!

img118.jpg

Taken by my dad, looks like the 67 FA Cup winners..

Love that. Everything about it is old skool.
Pureness of the two kits
The keeper wearing green
Packed terraces
Just letters on the side of the pitch
Good amount of mud
Even the coppers in tradtional uniform with their tit hats
bare handed keepers
best Spurs strip ever..............

jumpers for goalposts

If i'm not mistaken... isn't that directly outside where the Santander is now? (just down from The Ship Pub opposite) it's where the 123 bus used to stop!
Heady days!!!
...and surely that's Chirpy's Grandad... not a young Chirpy... unless he's in his late '50s/early '60s now...
in which case, what's he doing hanging round with that young Bird 'Lily' on a matchday down The Paxton??

The blonde guy who is next to Mike England is Frank Saul, who scored; the guy looking back behind 'Chirpy' I think is Jimmy Robertson, the other goal scorer and the guy at the front is Cyril 'Nice One' Knowles (I cried buckets when he died). Can't work out who that is next to Cyril though.

Back
Top Bottom